Engineer is currently destroying WvW. Please consider nerf it ASAP.

noneHotBuildTest.7251

4 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

People always share stories of their success with others. They rearely share stories about their failures unless it can make them look good somehow.

Not long ago I meet 2 people fighting on the DBL north hills bridge, on my way to Roys through enemy territory. As soon as I started fighting of course my "friend" stopped. So I fought with the enemy, it got a little hairy and of course still got no help from him. Then when the enemy finally downed on the very edge of that cliff, my "friend" wanted to play it cool and get the stomp anyway. 

He leaped toward the downed and promptly flew straight off the cliff to his death - since it's so high there he didnt hit the floor before the enemy had died anyway. It's been a long time since I laughed that hard.

I dont think that will be included in his pro dueling fight video. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, XECOR.2814 said:

read comment again, i said its toxic not op.

Sorry I used OP as Original Poster in this context. Toxic is subjective, would any build that counters another in a short term be used the same? Wouldn't Zerk vs Zerk be toxic to the one that didn't get the first attack off? Again we shouldn't apply any nerfs to a class because a build countered another build unless its a build that counters all builds and can be used by anyone. I have run into some serious strong ele's but its a matter of seeing that its the player that playing it versus the general build itself. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2022 at 7:05 PM, Alec B.8905 said:

'There are so many cheese builds that will counter or hard counter it's not just engi. i mean look at cele harb, 1 shot condi virtuoso, deadeye, DH test of faith trueshot, it's not just engi. don't fall for the flavor of the month anger post'.

I agree, as a Heal Scrapper, I finally have a dps build in Mechanist that unlike Holo doesn't rely on a trait line, it's good as a burst, but fails against all the above, more times than not and struggles with mobile, blocking Willbenders. With rocket boots and shift signet, I can get away when it all goes 'Pete Tong'.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 5:08 PM, Kuma.1503 said:

If you think Engineer is destroying WvW, just wait until you fight Cele Harbinger. 

But for the sake of productive conversation. If you REALLY hate those rifle engis and want to make them suffer for their sins. Just play Cele Tempest. 

Here is the build I use. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGiEgEWWArj5xaYo45KZ1WB-zxIY1opvQyMQ6tI6OBk/gEEbg3yWPbA-e

This build has so many flaws... i dont even know where to start...

the +25% movementspeed from your rune is a complete waste as you will have permanent swiftness which is +33%, thus cancelling the +25%buff (they do NOT stack)

your run water for cleasing and extra damage. But fire is more cleansing and more damage.

The alacrity trait is not worth at all on a solobuild. You get the real value out of the trait when sharing that alac. Your CDs on your elements are so low, that when you attunement is ready to swap back into it, the Cooldowns will be refreshed anyways. The only value your getting out of alac is for your utilityskills and for faster overloads, but i still think trading your whole sustain for it is not worth.

Aftershock is useless compared to Earthshield. You get 4X the ammount of reflect auras out of earthshield. Pair that with the conjure trait and you are spamming auras nonstop.

You are missing a good flow of cleanses. Smothering auras is a must.

you are missing good sustain. Use elementalbastion. your sustain will skyrocket.

Your also missing might. Gaining fireaura when swapping to fire, when starting overload and picking the earthshield thanks to Firetraits, paired with fire 5 from Focus helps with that.

Your damage is too easily cleansable. You need covercondis. To play celetempest you kind of need Tormenting and doom sigil. with those you can get some crazy conditionbursts going, that are borderline impossible to cleanse. 

Your not using waterelemental. It heals 8k on a 15s CD. Its SO valueable on a celebuild.

try this build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lZwGZasLGJO0PntdA-zxIY1oh/MiUBkrEQyzyWTbA-e

i am having some mad success with it! it also works in pvp.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Equip Mechanist. Equip rifle. Equip Aim Assisted Rocket. Go pew pew something and you will see.

a toon with massive condi spam also does ALOT of damage to classes and builds with poor condi cleanse, should it be nerfed as well?

IMO i would question how squishy those mechanists actually are, and for sure they are runing something arround  zerker/marauder/assassin/dragon, power damage classes are way way more squishy than condi spammers anyway.

the rockects  do really good damage, if i was Anet i would only slow its pew pew  rather than reduce its  damage,  something like faster travel time but increase the delay between its shots.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

a toon with massive condi spam also does ALOT of damage to classes and builds with poor condi cleanse, should it be nerfed as well?

IMO i would question how squishy those mechanists actually are, and for sure they are runing something arround  zerker/marauder/assassin/dragon, power damage classes are way way more squishy than condi spammers anyway.

the rockects  do really good damage, if i was Anet i would only slow its pew pew  rather than reduce its  damage,  something like faster travel time but increase the delay between its shots.

Ask the one dodge mirage that question...

Also poor condi cleanse is optional.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Poor condition cleanse is indeed optional. As is being squishy. The only real requisite for that build is rifle, mech, and AAR. They can then take the the MM and GM middle traits for sustain if needed.

Really the attack speed change was not a smart decision.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They needed to give the PvE crowd something to complete EOD meta…. The 1-2k standard DPS from the average player was not cutting it. So, the mechanist has essentially a 10+k DPS build without using your brain.  🤦‍♂️😉

Edited by Strider Pj.2193
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

This build has so many flaws... i dont even know where to start...

the +25% movementspeed from your rune is a complete waste as you will have permanent swiftness which is +33%, thus cancelling the +25%buff (they do NOT stack)

your run water for cleasing and extra damage. But fire is more cleansing and more damage.

The alacrity trait is not worth at all on a solobuild. You get the real value out of the trait when sharing that alac. Your CDs on your elements are so low, that when you attunement is ready to swap back into it, the Cooldowns will be refreshed anyways. The only value your getting out of alac is for your utilityskills and for faster overloads, but i still think trading your whole sustain for it is not worth.

Aftershock is useless compared to Earthshield. You get 4X the ammount of reflect auras out of earthshield. Pair that with the conjure trait and you are spamming auras nonstop.

You are missing a good flow of cleanses. Smothering auras is a must.

you are missing good sustain. Use elementalbastion. your sustain will skyrocket.

Your also missing might. Gaining fireaura when swapping to fire, when starting overload and picking the earthshield thanks to Firetraits, paired with fire 5 from Focus helps with that.

Your damage is too easily cleansable. You need covercondis. To play celetempest you kind of need Tormenting and doom sigil. with those you can get some crazy conditionbursts going, that are borderline impossible to cleanse. 

Your not using waterelemental. It heals 8k on a 15s CD. Its SO valueable on a celebuild.

try this build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lZwGZasLGJO0PntdA-zxIY1oh/MiUBkrEQyzyWTbA-e

i am having some mad success with it! it also works in pvp.

Oh lawd 11 gold for sigils. Muh Wallet! 

I'll try it though, my sustain is definitely lacking on this build and I end up having to kite and rely on my heal skill more often than not. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

They needed to give the PvE crowd something to complete EOD meta…. The 1-2k standard DPS from the average player was not cutting it. So, the mechanist has essentially a 10+k DPS build without using your brain.  🤦‍♂️😉

Oh, I roll one on an alt account, and it's Burst DPS is sick even with Cele gear.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Holosmith didn't looked transcendental (the TTK is decently long and there seem to be a need to play with the use of strategic resources such as invulnerability. Seem balanced)

Scrapper would simply be shut down by projectile hate. (Well, it take advantage of stealth but thieves do this kind of thing since game release so...)

Mechanist show a single fight against someone that's ambushed and dismounted... not really significative.

As for the statement that engineer is "destroying WvW", granted that the "evidences" only show roaming footage that I personally don't find really shocking, I'd say that I'm not convinced.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/30/2022 at 8:44 PM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

After the nerf patch, Engi is still OP, Yolosmith one shotting everything. !

Engineer is ridiculously overpowered for Guild Wars WvW! ......

When is anet going to nerf the engi... or nobody will play other class.

"Engie ridicilous op" xDDD

PFFFT

Are we really complaining about Overheat holo? For real!? XDDD what is the reason for this?! Are people aware that Soulbeast deals just about the same dmg, but without using some w0nky "overheat-selfhurt-mechanic"!? And all that, while not even being fullglass like this specific holo build!?

people in this thread: ENGIE OPPP!!!!   meanwhile soulbeast: literally twoshotting people with the metabuild.

i mean... just look at it! i am dealing the same, if not more damage. His flipping overheating mechanic deas 10k damage or so...     meanwhile Soulbeast: 16k Rapidfire without any buffs or sicem!? NO PROBLEMO! Literally pressing 2 on ranger deals 16k damage on1800 range....   Rapidfire+owp can hit WAYYY over 40k.....  10k Damage gapclosers?! yup! 15k Mauls? SAY NO MORE! 20k Worldly impacts... YUP we have those aswell!

but please keep complaining about "0 sustain-overmeme-holo" xD 

(sry for poor quality)

If we should complain about anything, its flippin celestialGarbinger.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/29/2022 at 6:40 PM, MaLong.2079 said:

I wish ANET shared death/kill ratios by profession and elite specialization.

As a numbers geek, this would be interesting but wouldn't be informative I fear. Since most fights aren't one v one and the games not balanced for that anyway it wouldn't really tell the tale here. Its also a matter of just not single abilities its all the other factors of the multipliers in effect and such and builds on both sides. 

On 7/27/2022 at 9:49 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Poor condition cleanse is indeed optional. As is being squishy. The only real requisite for that build is rifle, mech, and AAR. They can then take the the MM and GM middle traits for sustain if needed.

Crisis zone is not reliable sustain. 

You need to constantly micro your mech so that it's near you, or you're going to get stunned/coni bombed outside its range. In which case, you'll need to burn shift signet AND Crisis Zone just to port the mech near you to land the skill. And if you do that, congratulations, you are out of defensive CDs. 

You also do not want to constantly stick near your mech because that means 

1.. Your opponent can cleave you and your mech

2. You opponent can use AoE CC to lockdown both you and your mech. Crisis Zone does not stunbreak the mech... because reasons, so if both you and your mech get CC'd... you cannot use Crisis Zone. 

3. Once you start kiting or chasing, it'll be impossible to stick near your mech anyway.

Poor Condi cleanse is optional, but there's always a trade-off. Shift Signet is a must. It's also your mobility and stunbreak, so using it offensively or for mobility puts you at risk.

Rocket Boots are a must if you want to catch or kite BSW, Harb, WB, D/D Cata, Bird Soulbeast, Daredevil, Specter, ect.

Tool Kit is extremely valuable for the block, otherwise you have no blocks. It also gives you a good melee skill to use when the enemy is spamming reflects/mag aura. Good luck surviving an Untamed burst without it. They can use the fart cloud to completely turn off your build, and overwhelm your evades while also having GS block as a fall back once you start counter pressuring. 

And already, you've run out of room for Elixir C if you want extra cleanse (even if you do run it, Mech doesn't get the toolbelt skill so it's halved in value). 

You can build tanky, but then your pressure plummets. A lot of your defensive value comes from pressuring your opponent so much that they're forced to play defensive, building something tanky (like Cele) drops your pressure a lot, and you'll start to tickle other cele builds, especially those with weakness and prot. (Harbinger). This is not a good look when these builds can also spam condis against you, and you cannot deal with repeat condi application on this build no matter what you take. 

I have not had an issue dealing with this build when I see it. It has so many weaknesses to exploit. No matter what it runs, there's always going to be a gaping hole in it's build to take advantage of. There are so many better builds than this. Rifle Mech is a glass canon in every since of the word, and not the WB, Harb, Soulbeast flavor of "glass canon" where it also has very good stunbreaks, cleanse, and block access while having good damage. 

RIfle Mech has to pick and choose carefully, and it can't have everything. And isn't that what people have been asking for? Builds that can't have it all and need to pick and choose?

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Crisis zone is not reliable sustain. 

You need to constantly micro your mech so that it's near you, or you're going to get stunned/coni bombed outside its range. In which case, you'll need to burn shift signet AND Crisis Zone just to port the mech near you to land the skill. And if you do that, congratulations, you are out of defensive CDs. 

You also do not want to constantly stick near your mech because that means 

1.. Your opponent can cleave you and your mech

2. You opponent can use AoE CC to lockdown both you and your mech. Crisis Zone does not stunbreak the mech... because reasons, so if both you and your mech get CC'd... you cannot use Crisis Zone. 

3. Once you start kiting or chasing, it'll be impossible to stick near your mech anyway.

Poor Condi cleanse is optional, but there's always a trade-off. Shift Signet is a must. It's also your mobility and stunbreak, so using it offensively or for mobility puts you at risk.

Rocket Boots are a must if you want to catch or kite BSW, Harb, WB, D/D Cata, Bird Soulbeast, Daredevil, Specter, ect.

Tool Kit is extremely valuable for the block, otherwise you have no blocks. It also gives you a good melee skill to use when the enemy is spamming reflects/mag aura. Good luck surviving an Untamed burst without it. They can use the fart cloud to completely turn off your build, and overwhelm your evades while also having GS block as a fall back once you start counter pressuring. 

And already, you've run out of room for Elixir C if you want extra cleanse (even if you do run it, Mech doesn't get the toolbelt skill so it's halved in value). 

You can build tanky, but then your pressure plummets. A lot of your defensive value comes from pressuring your opponent so much that they're forced to play defensive, building something tanky (like Cele) drops your pressure a lot, and you'll start to tickle other cele builds, especially those with weakness and prot. (Harbinger). This is not a good look when these builds can also spam condis against you, and you cannot deal with repeat condi application on this build no matter what you take. 

I have not had an issue dealing with this build when I see it. It has so many weaknesses to exploit. No matter what it runs, there's always going to be a gaping hole in it's build to take advantage of. There are so many better builds than this. Rifle Mech is a glass canon in every since of the word, and not the WB, Harb, Soulbeast flavor of "glass canon" where it also has very good stunbreaks, cleanse, and block access while having good damage. 

RIfle Mech has to pick and choose carefully, and it can't have everything. And isn't that what people have been asking for? Builds that can't have it all and need to pick and choose?

You didn't really expand on anything there, lack of condition cleansing and being squishy are optional like I said. It all comes down to the traits, gear, and utilities taken. You are right in that it isn't a "glass canon" in the flavor of Soulbeast, Harb, or WB that get high levels of sustain/mitigation while having good damage, but I'd also say that it is above where a glass Deadeye running full meme dps traits would be.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

"Engie ridicilous op" xDDD

PFFFT

Are we really complaining about Overheat holo? For real!? XDDD what is the reason for this?! Are people aware that Soulbeast deals just about the same dmg, but without using some w0nky "overheat-selfhurt-mechanic"!? And all that, while not even being fullglass like this specific holo build!?

people in this thread: ENGIE OPPP!!!!   meanwhile soulbeast: literally twoshotting people with the metabuild.

i mean... just look at it! i am dealing the same, if not more damage. His flipping overheating mechanic deas 10k damage or so...     meanwhile Soulbeast: 16k Rapidfire without any buffs or sicem!? NO PROBLEMO! Literally pressing 2 on ranger deals 16k damage on1800 range....   Rapidfire+owp can hit WAYYY over 40k.....  10k Damage gapclosers?! yup! 15k Mauls? SAY NO MORE! 20k Worldly impacts... YUP we have those aswell!

but please keep complaining about "0 sustain-overmeme-holo" xD 

(sry for poor quality)

If we should complain about anything, its flippin celestialGarbinger.

Not like the same thing has been said for every other op build that gets posted the past 10 years. Or when people brought up the nade one shot build in the last year which this build is just an upgrade of.

Yeah gais it's just a meme build  look, look, this other class does moar! so just ignore it.... please...

Weird you would try to compare eng group kill potential to soulbeast single kill potential.... Try and use dragonhunter traps or something next time you try to sweep something under the rug.

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Not like the same thing has been said for every other op build that gets posted the past 10 years. Or when people brought up the nade one shot build in the last year which this build is just an upgrade of.

Yeah gais it's just a meme build  look, look, this other class does moar! so just ignore it.... please...

Weird you would try to compare eng group kill potential to soulbeast single kill potential.... Try and use dragonhunter traps or something next time you try to sweep something under the rug.

The "Overmeme-holol" is literally a 1 trick pony without any serious sustain or tools to hold its ground in a prolonged fight....

Riflemechanist is 100% projectilebased, thus easily countered. Ever played a tempest into it? bruh riflemechanist is such a meme aswel... not even funny xD

idk what your on about. neither the oneshot build nor the riflebuilds are overpowered. period.

Like i said, i think its ridicilous that peopel complaing about some oneshotengie build, while there is literally Celestialharbinger running around...   Are you aware that currenty a whole Greatmastertrait from Harbinger is not working.... yet celestialharbinger will still roflstomp every other build with their eyes closed....     !!!WHOLE GM TRAIT NOT WORKING..... STILL BLATANTLY OVERPOWERED!!!!....   just imagine they fix that crap.....   but yeeah keep complaining about "overmeme-holo".

When a whole GM trait literally does nothing... and its still MILES stronger than anything else... what does that tell you!? Just imagine this precious Engiebuilds without its GM traits..... AND IT WOULD STILL BE GOOD! that is the level of performance we see from Harbinger currently. 

i think the main complaints in every balancethread concerning smallscale should be about harbinger... rather than trying to nerf some memebuild.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

You complained about ranger so why should holo be off limits... 🤭

Don't worry though, engineers will only get buffs from the complaints anyways. 🤷‍♂️

i am not complaining about ranger xD what!? 

i am telling you that the thing your complaining about is subpar to your everyday memebattle.com Ranger....

the Damage is comparable, while the soulbeast has 8x more sustain.

the vids that got shared, show poopy memedamage on some raiders.... and people here claim its overpowered.....   a Ranger can dish out the same damage with rune of dura......  a fking Full celestialHarbinger can hit 9k+ aswell....   Yet you are here complaining about "overmeme-holol" hitting 10k with the overheat, which literally is selfhurting him....

Have you guys seen Harbinger gameplay!? cuz i think not XD

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

For curiosity sake, what do people expect take down time to be? Aka what do they expect a take down time to be in a normal 1 v 1? Just so we are talking apples to apples. Even running on the tanky side I would view a 1 minute fight as long. But what's the current thoughts of forum goers?

• Confused 1