Engineer is currently destroying WvW. Please consider nerf it ASAP.

noneHotBuildTest.7251

2 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

When is anet going to nerf the engi... Is that fun to build a OP class ? 

So slowing things down there was already 3 other people hitting this group before the Engie starting doing damage. Some enemy were already half health and we can't see the debuffs on them. Meaning when the Engie also started landing their attacks other attacks were still going on. I am not going to say yeah or nay to OP or not, but to say it was a solo attack to drop a group is obviously false from the video.  One could probably use the same video to say that boons are OP or stealth is as well when you slow it down. The issue with using videos like this is it tells just part of the tale. Watching this I would say good job to the bomb "group" on a coordinated attack which was probably the goal of the Havoc. But this wasn't a solo player's effort but a coordinated attack against an unaware enemy. That's different from a build being  over powered. If we nerf based on this, all zergs need nerfed. Note the title of the 'archive' pulled, Guild bombing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

So slowing things down there was already 3 other people hitting this group before the Engie starting doing damage. Some enemy were already half health and we can't see the debuffs on them. Meaning when the Engie also started landing their attacks other attacks were still going on. I am not going to say yeah or nay to OP or not, but to say it was a solo attack to drop a group is obviously false from the video.  One could probably use the same video to say that boons are OP or stealth is as well when you slow it down. The issue with using videos like this is it tells just part of the tale. Watching this I would say good job to the bomb "group" on a coordinated attack which was probably the goal of the Havoc. But this wasn't a solo player's effort but a coordinated attack against an unaware enemy. That's different from a build being  over powered. If we nerf based on this, all zergs need nerfed. Note the title of the 'archive' pulled, Guild bombing. 

Except it's already been shown this combo can one shot a player on it's own, not hard to imagine it doing it to a group when all the attacks can hit 5 targets. In fact there's already videos that show other people doing this solo.

• Confused 2

Just now, Xenesis.6389 said:

Except it's already been shown this combo can one shot a player on it's own, not hard to imagine it doing it to a group when all the attacks can hit 5 targets. In fact there's already videos that show other people doing this solo.

Hence the yeah or nay, but when someone uses a Guild group video boasting their bomb skills as proof against a single class, I will question. Show instead the solo player going for that number and use the build themselves to show the combo needed to do it so they can consider changes. When I solo roam I attack groups to better understand my build. If I just taped together my wins then all builds would look like gods. In reality, with 23 some toons none stand as all mighty. I have lost solo to Engies and killed three engies at the same time with another build. That said I have 3 Engie builds myself. Depending on the enemy some do better than others. Hence I say your mileage will vary and video proof I question especially when its group videos. Again not saying balancing is not needed but this felt more like, I lost 1v1 versus an Engie, nerf it, which isn't a reason to do so for any class.

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2022 at 12:41 PM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Celestial holosmith has a quite easy combo also has very strong sustain.

Rocket Turret Scrapper 1 shot everything.

Mechanist 1 shot everything with autoattack. its completely broken

Engineer show how the balance devs are so bad ...... Pls nerf it ASAP.

What if i tell you that the 2nd video uses a Weapon / Skill Exploit and the char is not using Celestial but Berserker?

if you want to know more or understand the real issue here that is not the class but something that is deeper and affects WvW as a whole read my latest post in my blog: here . the chapter with the skills has one more exploit that you can't even imagine!

Also, the issue never was and never will be a set of armor. Btw, what stops you from crafting a celestial armor during festival of four winds? a master quartz every day! in 2 weeks a full set even you have free 2 play character or characters!

On 7/9/2022 at 2:19 PM, Malus.2184 said:

Using videos to prove your claim is unserious. First, the videos exits to show the uploader's skills. As such, they're self selective and they end up showing the optimal situations where they look good. Even with a cursory glance I can see that the first video is a tapestry of moments rather than one long unedited sequence that really shows the capabilities of a Celestial Holo are. As such it's utterly useless to use a supportive claim foir anything other than the uploader wanted to show how awesome they are.

People always share stories of their success with others. They rarely share stories about their failures unless it can make them look good somehow.

Exactly, people always film their victories and specially for the 2nd video player is attacking afk people or people not fighting back probably because they are doing their dailies and he/she knows nothing from gaming that uses a skill exploit to ensure the death of the afk people... 

i used this video to analyze a real problem in wvw that is an exploit which is coming from the realist implemantation of combat mode .... watch both weapon and skill exploits in my blog where i explain the real issue that is the realistic approach on the combat mode implemantation!

14 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Those people just standing there afk deserved that.

Although if that was an elementalist it woulda been hotfixed already. 🤭

Engineer is not going to be touched, it's ok for them to do big aoe damage, not anyone else, cause guess why...

deserve exactly what? they deserve to hate wvw? Because the moto for WvW the last 10 years was... STACK.

I use the 2nd video as example for the skill exploit because even it is not the exploit the reason for the death of all the Afkers, it ensures their death and if you watch the 2 videos in my blog you will understand the real issue here....

Also, Engineers are already touched since Engineers can't change weapons during fight anymore

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Reborn.2934 said:

deserve exactly what? they deserve to hate wvw? Because the promo for WvW the last 10 years was... STACK.

Deserved to get bombed on for not paying attention, but that group was entirely in stealth, even though there was an entire zerg moving in the back, so I guess I should cut them some slack.

However I don't agree with this class having that much one shot damage potential by itself under it's own stealth, it would have  taken 5 bs thieves before the damage nerfs, to accomplish the same thing this one class could do today after the nerfs. This has mostly come to light after they nerfed damage across the board but at the same time gave this one class damage boost in the same patch, with stuff like explosive entrance auto damage.

People complained about one shot backstab, but at least that was single target and damage was nerfed.

People complained about one shot CoR, but at least that class doesn't have stealth, and CoR has been nerfed in damage potential, while it also needed better visual tells added.

People complained about Meteor, but that required a standing still long channel time, had a really long cooldown, and nerfed a number of times in damage.

People complained about burn guards melting groups, that got nerfed.

But oh no, come to Engineer and we can't talk about this, no no look at the harbinger over there, don't look over at the massively broken dps/support/tank class.

So what's the point of a group one shot out of stealth now? just make ganking even worse? farm lemmings? how much more damage do we need in that area of wvw?

"I don't upload the videos to youtube because I don't want to harm the game, and I'm not writing these post to expose the exploits, but come read my blog where you can watch and learn about the exploits anyways!" 🙄

Exploits should always be pointed out, even if there's little to no hope of change(something we know very well in this game mode).

P.S Everyone relax, engineers are not going to get nerfed.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kleisthenes.6247 said:

Should it be nerfed? No, cause I would rather see other big scale builds get the same love.

What other big scale builds?

Cause pretty much everything not scrapper/firebrand has gotten hit with the nerf stick the past two years.

So what big scale builds are left?

What kinda love?

4 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Deserved to get bombed on for not paying attention,****

HOW A PLAYER CAN GIVE ATTENTION TO STEALTH?

find us a way please!!!

"I don't upload the videos to youtube because I don't want to harm the game, and I'm not writing these post to expose the exploits, but come read my blog where you can watch and learn about the exploits anyways!🙄

Exploits should always be pointed out, even if there's little to no hope of change(something we know very well in this game mode).

the exploit wasn't the title of the post but the wrong appoach on all basic mechanisms that affected by the combat mode .

the title of the post is: There are 3 basic Mechanisms that affected from the combat mode of WvW in Guild Wars 2 but, their realistic implementations in WvW aren't the best approach!

this is my blogspot and i have to prove that the realistic approach on skill design is wrong.  find me a better way than uploading 2 videos with the expoits internally that can't be shared as VIDEOS ..."please"?

p.s. btw i spent almost 1 day for editing both to not harm the other player that he/she don't know that he is using exploit and i found this  video from youtube not from this post and 1 or 2 weeks ago when i searched for scrapper videos to move ... golems. and this is what youtube suggested 1st !!!

Also, the video is uploaded on these forums since July 5 ... more than 1 month and you accuse me that i promote exploits from my blog? ahahahahaha i know a better joke with TOTO XD

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

But oh no, come to Engineer...

This was reduced in PvP, however, I posted the video to show the general concept of the No Down State is bad, always has been and always will be because it bypasses an important aspect of PvP-environment. The downstate acts like a buffer that prevents you from getting killed too fast and having reduced playtime. removing that just makes it so that the highest burst is the only valid option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

What other big scale builds?

To put in other words. I do not want to see any meta nerfed as is (except try to do something about the boons, which is a bit nuts with how they work atm), but instead make it so that other professions/classes are brought to the same power level of scrapper (Etc).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Deserved to get bombed on for not paying attention, but that group was entirely in stealth, even though there was an entire zerg moving in the back, so I guess I should cut them some slack.

However I don't agree with this class having that much one shot damage potential by itself under it's own stealth, it would have  taken 5 bs thieves before the damage nerfs, to accomplish the same thing this one class could do today after the nerfs. This has mostly come to light after they nerfed damage across the board but at the same time gave this one class damage boost in the same patch, with stuff like explosive entrance auto damage.

People complained about one shot backstab, but at least that was single target and damage was nerfed.

People complained about one shot CoR, but at least that class doesn't have stealth, and CoR has been nerfed in damage potential, while it also needed better visual tells added.

People complained about Meteor, but that required a standing still long channel time, had a really long cooldown, and nerfed a number of times in damage.

People complained about burn guards melting groups, that got nerfed.

But oh no, come to Engineer and we can't talk about this, no no look at the harbinger over there, don't look over at the massively broken dps/support/tank class.

So what's the point of a group one shot out of stealth now? just make ganking even worse? farm lemmings? how much more damage do we need in that area of wvw?

"I don't upload the videos to youtube because I don't want to harm the game, and I'm not writing these post to expose the exploits, but come read my blog where you can watch and learn about the exploits anyways!" 🙄

P.S Everyone relax, engineers are not going to get nerfed.

Are we sure this guy isn’t Diku?  😬

30 minutes ago, kleisthenes.6247 said:

To put in other words. I do not want to see any meta nerfed as is (except try to do something about the boons, which is a bit nuts with how they work atm), but instead make it so that other professions/classes are brought to the same power level of scrapper (Etc).

Yeah I'm asking which ones?

25 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Yeah I'm asking which ones?

Well everything besides heal scrapper, boonbrand and scourge should probably get a look at. Specifically help out elementalist, ranger and thief (although not the last two in roaming).

I would like for Anet to take more chanches with the balancing, as there is either nothing or too little.

Edited by kleisthenes.6247

15 minutes ago, kleisthenes.6247 said:

Well everything besides heal scrapper, boonbrand and scourge should probably get a look at. Specifically help out elementalist, ranger and thief (although not the last two in roaming).

I would like for Anet to take more chanches with the balancing, as there is either nothing or too little.

You mean elementalist who just got meteor nerfed and catalyst just got nerfed cause they were doing like 2k more than someone on a damage meter? yeah I'm sure they'll get right on that.

• Confused 1

I dont really agree with Nerf-  From what ive seen in the open field fights  is that most of  your  engi/mecanist- are average players  running  the flavor of  the month build.  For some reason, they have not discovered yet   that reflects are their enemy - and i along with my guildies are destroying most of them on sight because of  that lil oversight.  so  keep it that way for a bit - the bags  are worth it for free kills. 

• Confused 3

dps engi needs to be gutted, ye. its too much free damage, but that was also that way before memenist elite specs even existed

nobody knows why anet leaves so much things untouched that need to be cut out of Wvw but instead annoys us with random and harmful changes to metaclasses, just trying to make the game more unfun, while the vile solo rambo clowns can play their absurd broken kitten with silly dmg coefficients and crazy self sustain + mobility

like the devs really have to hate Wvw, or got the order from NcSoft to bully it, idk anymore how else to interprete this

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

On 8/13/2022 at 7:33 AM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Mechanist  solo the keep lord without siege!

Engineer is not just OP!  It's borken.

Meh, anet's developer (or whatever team they made to focus on engineer) is a joke at this point.

bruh... i can literally solo the lord as Core-Staff-Ele... what is going on?

Everything youve done is give video evidence of you exploiting your way in a keep....

Engineer can do this since the reworked the rifle... and everyone knows this.. nothing new... again.. everything youve done is giving videoevidence of you using exploits.

just saying.... Thief can do the same.. while being able to use portals to get other people in the keep with him.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1