When is Living World Season 1 Episode 3 coming out

Short answer: we don't know.

But if it was once a month, Episode 3 would have released in June. We'll be getting a roadmap in "mid-July" which will probably tell us when episodes 3, 4, and maybe 5 are due to release, but no doubt the kerfuffle over the balance patch delayed things here and there. I expect the roadmap coming Monday.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 2

Based upon how they released Sky Pirates before Dragon Bash (which were related in LWS1) I expect Clockwork Redux to release before Festival of the Four Winds (which are also related) in August. Maybe the June 19th update?

That would leave a spot for Nightmares Redux in September before Halloween in October, and Lion's Arch Redux in November before Wintersday in December.

All total guesses so don't quote me on that.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, narwhalsbend.7059 said:

Based upon how they released Sky Pirates before Dragon Bash (which were related in LWS1) I expect Clockwork Redux to release before Festival of the Four Winds (which are also related) in August. Maybe the June 19th update?

That would leave a spot for Nightmares Redux in September before Halloween in October, and Lion's Arch Redux in November before Wintersday in December.

All total guesses so don't quote me on that.

I'm a bit doubtful of that, while thematically making sense, Season 1 is meant to be finished before the new Canthan map and Steam release (source), and all three are aimed to happen this year. Battle for Lion's Arch happening so late wouldn't give much time for the Canthan map. I could see a December release for Steam, if they're to keep to that, but I don't see them delaying Season 1 just for thematic reasons when they want to get all this out the door this year. I think the release of Sky Pirates was largely coincidental, and Episode 3 not coming a month after Episode 2 was just them buffering for extra work on Episodes 4 and 5 (which are no doubt the hardest to convert into story journal due to how much of it was open world).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

I'm a bit doubtful of that, while thematically making sense, Season 1 is meant to be finished before the new Canthan map and Steam release (source), and all three are aimed to happen this year. Battle for Lion's Arch happening so late wouldn't give much time for the Canthan map. I could see a December release for Steam, if they're to keep to that, but I don't see them delaying Season 1 just for thematic reasons when they want to get all this out the door this year. I think the release of Sky Pirates was largely coincidental, and Episode 3 not coming a month after Episode 2 was just them buffering for extra work on Episodes 4 and 5 (which are no doubt the hardest to convert into story journal due to how much of it was open world).

i hope you’re right because as much as I like season 1 coming back, I really really really really want the next Cantha map already. Every day I regret more and more that all of us begged for season 1 for years because it’s little doses of content and no new map. I still enjoy it and I knew that’s what it was I wasn’t under the impression it was like season 4 or anything, I just hoped they’d handle it better and break it up rather than making us go the majority of a year with no ‘truly new’ content/story chapters and no new map

• Like 3

https://www.shacknews.com/article/131232/guild-wars-2-interview-with-joe-kimmes-and-indigo-boock-on-living-world-season-1-ep-3

New article out, relevant portion:

Joe Kimmes: The Festival of the Four Winds is coming up this summer, and is actually a bit of an accompaniment to Episode 3 – the original release of Clockwork Chaos was a takeover of the Queen’s Jubilee festival, which was later incorporated into Four Winds to make a single unified festival. If you’re interested to see more of the Crown Pavilion, it’s a great time to pick up some of the old rewards from Season 1 as well as new items.

So it sounds like Episode 3 is indeed coming alongside Festival of the Four Winds like @narwhalsbend.7059 suggested (though I do hope that episodes 4 and 5 come out sooner if they want a Steam release and Canthan map release in 2022). So we should see it later this month, if we're lucky they won't delay FotFW into end of August like last year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't the end of Dragon Bash festival last week or so? Usually there are 2-3 weeks between new stuff (content or the next festival) - so yes episode 3 would make sense next tuesday or the week after that. Then 2-3 more weeks until Festival of the Four Winds.

At the exact same time as the festival - would not make sensse since then you'd have too much at once. (Though this happened before. But this time we still have a lot of time.) The fastival last year started only end of august. And in 2020 - according to Wiki - it was mid august.

Makes totally sense to release episode 3 in in one or two weeks. Then the festival a few weeks after that. (Mid august again or so:) Re-release of sky pirates chapter also was a bit before the Dragon Bash this year started.

Edited by Luthan.5236

The next releases will likely be inbetween each festival. From now until the end of the year is alot of festivals, that's why the majority of the beginning of the year is mostly either an expansion or Living World season, with the only exception being Lunar New Year in February.

In the past the devs overlapped releases alot, and it ended up straining players heavily. Though nothing was ever as bad as announcing Path of Fire, releasing it and jumping right into LWS4 all within a few months,

It was nice to have so much content but it was also back to back non-stop grind.

I'm actually glad they aren't overlapping LWS1 and LWS6 along with festivals because while the current content provisions don't seem like enough for some of us veteran players, its alot for a casual player to handle. I'd imagine that most of the playerbase doesn't even have their Cantha Masteries maxed yet.

I do wish we had more instanced content besides Strike CMs, though. Fractals are especially suffering badly now, not having had an update in forever, which is strange considering the new story missions direct players to them with an in-game mail after completion.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Confused 2

There should be one at the next festival - at least where the gauntlet is. I expect they won’t have the Four Winds bit as that was a sep festival and less directly tied to Scarlet.

Thats prob not til August though. Was there anything between Dragon Bash and Queens of relevance to the arc they are releasing? I can’t remember. I don’t think Nightmare Tower was until after both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

There should be one at the next festival - at least where the gauntlet is. I expect they won’t have the Four Winds bit as that was a sep festival and less directly tied to Scarlet.

In the article I linked above, Episode 3 got confirmed to be Queen's Jubilee/Clockwork Chaos stuff. It mentions 3 story instances (most likely: Opening Ceremony, Closing Ceremony, and Scarlet's Playhouse), 1 open world portion (likely Scarlet's Minions Invade stuff), and 1  epilogue portion (which would be new). 5 story portions in total.

So Cutthroat Politics which happened before Jubilee is completely skipped indeed. And like Sky Pirates, the celebration part is likely to not really showcase at all.

Article suggests it'll release alongside Festival of the Four Winds.

Thats prob not til August though. Was there anything between Dragon Bash and Queens of relevance to the arc they are releasing? I can’t remember. I don’t think Nightmare Tower was until after both.

Original Season 1 order was:

1. Shadow of the Mad King
  2. The Lost Shores
  3. Wonderous Workshop of Tixx
  4. Flame and Frost: Prelude
  5. Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm
  6. Flame and Frost: The Razing
  7. Super Adventure Box
  8. Flame and Frost: Retribution
  9. Secret of Southsun (also featured F&F epilogue in Cragstead)
  10. Last Stand at Southsun
  11. Dragon Bash (also featured F&F epilogue in Cragstead)
  12. Sky Pirates of Tyria
  13. Bazaar of the Four Winds (also featured F&F epilogue in Cragstead)
  14. Cutthroat Politics (also featured prelude for Queen's Jubilee in DR)
  15. Queen's Jubilee
  16. Clockwork Chaos
  17. Super Adventure Box: Return to School
  18. Tequatl Rising
  19. Twilight Assault
  20. Blood and Madness (also featured prelude for Tower of Nightmares in Kessex)
  21. Tower of Nightmares
  22. The Nightmares Within
  23. Fractured
  24. A Very Merry Wintersday +The Nightmare is Over (dual release) (also featured prelude for The Origins of Madness + Edge of the Mists across game)
  25. The Origins of Madness
  26. Edge of the Mists
  27. Escape from Lion's Arch
  28. Battle for Lion's Arch
  29. Battle for Lion's Arch: Aftermath
  30. Festival of the Four Winds (technically Season 2 prelude)

Italics are confirmed cut content. Underlined is what I personally think will be cut.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 2