Mechanist SUCK Under Water

Zigg E.1086

Ok you take away all the tool belt abilities and give a bombardment from above the water that barely hits anything. Then on top of that unless you go kit the Mechanist has one of the SLOWEST attacks underwater and does little damage. You guys really need to make the Harpoon Gun like the Rifle. Please change this it is something the Engi as a whole has had a problem with REALLY crappy under water ability

Edited by Zigg E.1086
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RadiantWolf.2058 said:

Do you guys get to use your golems underwater yet?

....I genuinely don't know, I'm asking.

They do not no and considering how long it took for necros flesh golem to be able to swim it will take afew years mate.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, RadiantWolf.2058 said:

Do you guys get to use your golems underwater yet?

....I genuinely don't know, I'm asking.

Nope, the mech still doesn't exist under water.

Which means that we are robbed of our entire toolbelt there and the complete mechanist trait line is disabled, since all the traits are about the mech.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Mechanist?

The ENGINEER has sucked underwater for 10 years because of very slow attacks people can swim away from.

True, but mechanist just makes everything 5 times worse under water.

• no toolbelt except one (sucky) bombardment skill
  • entire mechanist trait line disabled, since all the traits focus solely on the mech
  • tools trait line heavily crippled because of the lack of toolbelt skills as triggers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

That would be a negative. Then again, the cries of being OP in Aquatic Ruins would start up; and who needs that?

I just skip that fractal anyway. 

The only mech skill that matters underwater is J-drive. If the mech isn't active it will randomly shoot a green blast from the sky. This does work in the water. Its still trash though. 

I always switch to Holosmith for underwater content as the common Engineer underwater skills are super bad. At least, as Holosmith, you can switch into Holo Mode and get decent damage skills.

P.S. I love underwater content, but many professions' underwater skills require a huge overhaul.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you take the trait that causes your mech to periodically bomb the area its at least a little better.

The current optimal water build I've found is:

- Healing signet and strike/condition damage signets.

- Final utility slot containing Grenade Kit.

- Elite slot containing the turret drop.

Basically, just drop your turrets on the enemy, push the condition signet to spam condis, hit the bombardment key and then lob grenades at them until they're gone. It'll still take you like 30sec to destroy an Elite-level monster even on a full damage build, but at least its something.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Holly.8190 said:

Am i the only person who like the Engi Harpoon gun? But yeah mechanist underwater sucks, i dont play mech in open world so i kinda avoid this problem.

I actually like it as well. Timed Charge feels like a decently powerful skill and the Capture Line  + Scatter Mines combo feels really satisfying.

Really my only problem with the weapon is the auto attack. It is just way too slow for the damage it does. And how the hell is it not an explosion? It is a kitten torpedo!

• Thanks 2

first world problems 

You know what else is bad under water ? ranger, ele, core engi, warrior, any kind of heal/support build, etc.

Underwater content isn't that widespread so just do your best to try and avoid it if you don't have a good build for it.

Edited by vardeleanu.8972
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, vardeleanu.8972 said:

first world problems 

You know what else is bad under water ? ranger, ele, core engi, warrior, any kind of heal/support build, etc.

Underwater content isn't that widespread so just do your best to try and avoid it if you don't have a good build for it.

Wut.

Also ele used to be pretty good underwater. When they did that one big update to underwater combat, they actually nerfed Ele. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fwog.9387 said:

Also ele used to be pretty good underwater. When they did that one big update to underwater combat, they actually nerfed Ele. 

Ele used to be insane. I would swim up to those floating ships in Orr and cast a single Ice wall to destroy them with lightning rod, because it was faster than the trebuchets. But then they reworked ice wall, expansions got released, the game changed, and ele remained with the same old trident, it's one and only underwater weapon, doing 90% power damage, with barely any condi, healing or boons on it.

Simply aged poorly 

Edited by vardeleanu.8972

Underwater just gimme a mechanical Orca that fires lazer beams, torpedoes, boils the water and tractor beams/sucks people in... I am humble. I don't ask for much.

Then I can overlook this transgression (after you make Harpoon Gun AA not trash).

Am I not merciful?

• Haha 1