So close to getting Griffon mount. Need help with event quests.

Hello, I have been playing GW2 for a little over a month now and I love it. I've gotten to the point of being able to acquire the Griffon mount, and I can't wait. I need only to complete one more event quests until I finish the collections. I am on NA.

The one I need to complete is

• -Bounty for the Legendary Corrupted Facet in Maculate Fringe

Any help I can get with this would be great.

Thanks!

•  
Edited by Nightingqle.1743

Try tagging up, even if with just a mentor tag and also list on LFG. Announce on mapchat. There's usually others on map who are willing to help. Sometimes, there are bounty trains listed on LFG as well. If you belong to a very active guild, ask guildmates for help. These are the surest way to get help for bounties

Make sure you do not get too close to champ until you have enough people there so you don't trigger the timer.

If all else fails, wait for days when there's a Daily Crystal Oasis Bounty Hunter. There will always be a lot of players looking to complete the Daily.

NOTE: The bounty for the Legendary Corrupted Facet is obtained from the Destiny's Gorge Bounty Board. Legendary only respawn every 30 minutes, as opposed to Champion that respawn every 15 minutes.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Try tagging up, even if with just a mentor tag and also list on LFG. Announce on mapchat. There's usually others on map who are willing to help. Sometimes, there are bounty trains listed on LFG as well. If you belong to a very active guild, ask guildmates for help. These are the surest way to get help for bounties

Make sure you do not get too close to champ until you have enough people there so you don't trigger the timer.

If all else fails, wait for days when there's a Daily Crystal Oasis Bounty Hunter. There will always be a lot of players looking to complete the Daily.

NOTE: The bounty for the Legendary Corrupted Facet is obtained from the Destiny's Gorge Bounty Board. Legendary only respawn every 30 minutes, as opposed to Champion that respawn every 15 minutes.

This is all really good advice. I especially agree with the bit about making sure you have enough people before triggering the bounty.

The bounty spawns quite a way from any waypoints so unless people are there when it starts it's very difficult to get out there with enough time left to kill it. I did it a few days ago where a few people had said they could help, someone said they were waiting for the bounty to come up on the board so the group hadn't gotten together, then suddenly it spawned. Someone must have grabbed it as soon as it came up on the board and gone straight out there and it left everyone else, including the person who needed it for the griffon collection, scrambling to get there in time. We did it but it was a lot closer than it needed to be.

It doesn't need a big group, 5 people is enough if they know what they're doing (and I think it has been done solo), but the fewer people you have the more important it becomes to have the full time to fight it.

• Like 1

The good thing with those is: A lot of people still seemed to do the griffon (at least 1-2 years ago when I got it which was still a lot of time after the initial release). Asking at prime time in map can be helpful. Or going to lfg tool.

For the bounty though there is - if you have enough time/willing to wait - a safe option: Wait until that map is with a daily bounty achievement in the dailies. Go there If you are lucky the bounty is still up to do. (If not you have to wait.) Then just go there and post it in chat and a ton of people just wanting to to the bounty for daily and/or finish their bounty achievements ... will join.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

This also is a great example of why the commander tag is worth it. You can just turn one of those on, post in map chat, and you'll have people joining you in minutes, maybe seconds. I love gw2 for this.

And guilds is a great idea too, I personally respond to those whenever I am able because it's still some rewards, but the real reward is helping someone else. It's the same reason I still head towards downed players to save them.

• Sad 1