Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Fix the Bladesworn Dragon slash animations.


Recommended Posts

They are laggy, sketchy, and even act like teleports.

You can attack from the base of a clocktower ramp (sides) using a dragon boost and land on the mid platform.

Literally, what is this mess?

Stab, unblindable, unblockable is probably over the top, with the stun too?

This is power creep, and one of the reasons, when I like to defend war, I recoil.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea it also get a pretty weird uptime of its damage. Fought some bs since im warrior Main and often Times i get hit by the dragon slash 2 skill even while i evade it perfectly. It Was like still hit even while it Was Finished like a sec after. Pretty weird stuff. How ever i would also remember the perma dodge Bug of vindicator since that is also pretty annoying to fight against lel.

Edited by Pati.2438
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

This is power creep, and one of the reasons, when I like to defend war, I recoil.

 

I need you to understand how frustrating it is to not be able to effectively call attention to warrior's critical areas because the box-art selling profession needed to be bloated with a heap of carry mechanics because nobody thought about the possibility that it would be used against other players. Design so bad that just making it function prevents you from balancing the other languishing iterations of the class is probably the lowest level of balancing hell. 

 

Just now, Pati.2438 said:

 often Times i get hit by the dragon slash 2 skill even while i evade it perfectly.

 

Yes. Boost has a lingering hitbox. It's dumb.

 

Also if you teleport with force a desync can make the attack invisible until it lands.  It's also dumb. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anet is forcing us to play this kitten cause its the only way to keep warrior mains around. 

Consider how much core and the other elites were tweaked in this patch and how much more effort went into Bladesworn. 

They keep buffing shouts for BsW sustain. 

They don't rework tactical reload. Without the shout heal, it would be a far more skill based spec. It's mechanics are not only clunky to deal with, but also to play with. 

As a warrior main I can deny every single dragon trigger of my enemy. Spec is readable asf, its value comes from busted sustain which holds back core and a meme trait. 

Anet went out of their way to nerf lush forest due to shoutspam heal and proceed to actually, after a year, make shoutheal more broken than Beta 1 Lush Forest. 

Unyielding Dragon needs the stun removed and unblindable or resistance covered bursts, need to be baked into Core, not an elite spec. 

Baldesworn is a warrior (not really) BUT WARRIOR IS NOT JUST BLADESWORN AND ANET DOESNT REALISE (caps intended). 

The 0 tweaks on Zerker means the class still performs great with damage and support builds in all content I suppose. 

STOP BALANCING WARRIOR BASED ON RAIDS!!! 

STOP IGNORING WARRIOR!!! 

People will buy EoD for mechanist and willbender and harbinger. NOT FLR BLADESWORN! 

Wake up Anet. Fix this abomination you created. Compensate warriors with the skillful gameplay they deserve and wish for and make them strong in different ways, not damage sponges self-root meme builds that cannot even be considered supports since they only heal... 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The skill is very strange as a whole, as the damage application doesn’t actually match the animation for DS Boost. The animation that triggers the damage is actually a small explosion on the Bladesworn. If you dodge the actual slash, the damage appears to lead the slash based on my tests, so you don’t dodge it, even though you think you timed it perfectly. This all makes it seem very buggy as a whole. I believe this is left over from when they slowed down the animation. The damage seems to now be disconnected from the actual slash animation. However, if you dodge that little explosion, you’ll dodge it every time. 

Also after they slowed down DT- Boost to prevent people getting stuck in walls, you can no longer dodge backwards against it. It moves slow enough that if you dodge backwards, it will still hit you because it overlaps your dodge location long enough. So you have to dodge forward or sideways. You can also jump over it if you know the timing, but that’s not so easy in combat imo. 
 

As for the “ports” part, there is a port called Flicker Step. So it doesn’t “look” like a port. You can combo it with a port. 
 

As for hitting from behind pillar, Dragon Slash has 300 range. Just like some melee skills work through thin walls or pillars, with the larger range, dragon slash will reach through obstacles you otherwise wouldn’t expect it to. This is the same as all other extended-range melee attacks like Holomode auto attack (240 range). 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

The skill is very strange as a whole, as the damage application doesn’t actually match the animation for DS Boost. The animation that triggers the damage is actually a small explosion on the Bladesworn. If you dodge the actual slash, the damage appears to lead the slash based on my tests, so you don’t dodge it, even though you think you timed it perfectly. This all makes it seem very buggy as a whole. I believe this is left over from when they slowed down the animation. The damage seems to now be disconnected from the actual slash animation. However, if you dodge that little explosion, you’ll dodge it every time. 

Also after they slowed down DT- Boost to prevent people getting stuck in walls, you can no longer dodge backwards against it. It moves slow enough that if you dodge backwards, it will still hit you because it overlaps your dodge location long enough. So you have to dodge forward or sideways. You can also jump over it if you know the timing, but that’s not so easy in combat imo. 
 

As for the “ports” part, there is a port called Flicker Step. So it doesn’t “look” like a port. You can combo it with a port. 
 

As for hitting from behind pillar, Dragon Slash has 300 range. Just like some melee skills work through thin walls or pillars, with the larger range, dragon slash will reach through obstacles you otherwise wouldn’t expect it to. This is the same as all other extended-range melee attacks like Holomode auto attack (240 range). 

 

Yeah, but they ain't running flickerstep.

Just a a standard shoutsworn.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

 

Yeah, but they ain't running flickerstep.

Just a a standard shoutsworn.

flicker step is a default skill in bladesworn's kit. Its the 5 skill when using dragon trigger. Theres no "not running" flickerstep when you are running bladesworn. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

flicker step is a default skill in bladesworn's kit. Its the 5 skill when using dragon trigger. Theres no "not running" flickerstep when you are running bladesworn. 

So players are using it near the end of the animation to extend the range?

It makes me think this might be the case.

Like turn the hit into 1k range if you ported right at the last 4th of the animation.

Didn't realize it was a part of the hit kit.

 

But, the animation lag and disconnect for dodge timing does need to be fixed still.

Edited by Crab Fear.8623
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

So players are using it near the end of the animation to extend the range?

It makes me think this might be the case.

Like turn the hit into 1k range if you ported right at the last 4th of the animation.

Didn't realize it was a part of the hit kit.

 

But, the animation lag and disconnect for dodge timing does need to be fixed still.

I don't think you can use flicker step during a dragon slash animation; once you press any of your dragon slash keys (1-3), the dragon trigger mode ends. So you can't flicker step once you've started a dragon slash attack. Many people, however, will use flicker step just before they use the dragon slash attack. If there is any lag or desync, it could appear that the DS attack just teleported on top of you, but in reality it didn't.

 

Semantics aside, DS is buggy AF. Definitely needs some mechanical love to make it easier to use AND play against. 

 

Humorous aside, as goofy as the dragon slashes are, they are STILL more reliable than Rush (GS 5). Let that sink in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I don't think you can use flicker step during a dragon slash animation; once you press any of your dragon slash keys (1-3), the dragon trigger mode ends. So you can't flicker step once you've started a dragon slash attack. Many people, however, will use flicker step just before they use the dragon slash attack. If there is any lag or desync, it could appear that the DS attack just teleported on top of you, but in reality it didn't.

 

Semantics aside, DS is buggy AF. Definitely needs some mechanical love to make it easier to use AND play against. 

 

Humorous aside, as goofy as the dragon slashes are, they are STILL more reliable than Rush (GS 5). Let that sink in. 

Then, according to your testimony, there is no way for a dragon attack to teleport from the ramp up onto the mid platform in clocktower, and it truly is a bug.

I have been hit, on more than one occasion on a platform that can be teleported to but not jumped to by bladesworns.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Then, according to your testimony, there is no way for a dragon attack to teleport from the ramp up onto the mid platform in clocktower, and it truly is a bug.

I have been hit, on more than one occasion on a platform that can be teleported to but not jumped to by bladesworns.

 

 

You can use it immediately BEFORE the slash, but not during the slash. You can teleport from ramp to platform that way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Then, according to your testimony, there is no way for a dragon attack to teleport from the ramp up onto the mid platform in clocktower, and it truly is a bug.

I have been hit, on more than one occasion on a platform that can be teleported to but not jumped to by bladesworns.

 

 

🤷‍♂️ Could be. I think can all agree that DS is super buggy, and it seems to be more so with changes in elevation. That's what I would guess happened to you, but it's just a guess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

You can use it immediately BEFORE the slash, but not during the slash. You can teleport from ramp to platform that way. 

Then, it is case closed, because I can see them charging the attack from below for a few moments (some amount of time that would not allow the step to take place).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Then, it is case closed, because I can see them charging the attack from below for a few moments (some amount of time that would not allow the step to take place).

Yes, while it’s charging, it can be used. Once you activate a slash, it no longer can be. Glad we found a solution to that part :) 

 

I agree, the port on flicker step is quite jarring because it’s a short range with no animation., it looks glitch-y or hack-y kinda. Almost like a movement exploit, but it’s not

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Yes, while it’s charging, it can be used. Once you activate a slash, it no longer can be. Glad we found a solution to that part 🙂

 

I agree, the port on flicker step is quite jarring because it’s a short range with no animation., it looks glitch-y or hack-y kinda. Almost like a movement exploit, but it’s not

Uh....

If it can't be activated during the hit animation, then it wouldn't extend an attack or make it vertical

I'm saying that if it must be done during or before, then the animations are most definetly not workng correctly, and are being exploited.

I thought you meant it was adding a 0 cast time 300 range port to the end of a 750 ranged attack, but accordingly, it would only be able to adjust the (Z-Axis) trajectory by 300 units withing the original 750.

 

This is not what is going on, and it is why players are starting to complain and scratch heads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, porting before using dragon slash is a thing, yes.

In fact, if the warrior/the player they are targeting has suitable latency, a desync can prevent the game from showing the warrior's updated position until they are already casting the slash. 

Crab is right. I mentioned this before. 

Think of it like thief or willbender desync, except: since the warrior doesn't move by nature of the skill, you don't see the update to their position until they are already handing you the damage packet

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Breaking news: warrior movement skills are bugged.

I love how Warrior always has some Major bug, that stays there  forever even though it has like 5 important skills, something like the SpB Full counter animation bug, it is like the one skill that SpB has and yet no one bothered to fix it.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...