MESMER PORTAL TROLL META MAP

I saw one the other day in Drizzlewood where it was straight up sociopath behavior going beyond simple trolling. Somewhere in citadel 1st room was where they laid it down, iirc, so right in the middle of doing a meta, and it led into a small crevice somewhere outside too small to mount up and too high to climb out, so you had to use map to teleport out. Meaning, anyone new who wasn't familiar with using the icons on the map to teleport would just be stuck. I ended up having to help someone with how to get out.

If I had any idea who did it, I def would have reported them.

Honestly, for a lot of these people, I think troll is understating it. A troll tries to get a reaction. These people are looking for creative ways to make life harder for other players.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Kneitor.9367 said:

At this point it's more of an tradition, also aviator boxes, and portable merchants.

Not really, it's just people being obnoxious and encouraging them is awful. This community has some really great things about it, but this makes it look like a bunch of infant children. I mean, think about it as an outsider coming in, having no idea how the game works. Some people are spending their time trying to help new people get acclimated and know what to do, and then you have people like this making it harder on everyone. It's just embarrassing.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

A temp ban of 3 days should be suffice.

Portals you at least hear, but those boxes.

I'm glad I'm done with 100x AB and don't need to go there anymore. Even when the meta itself is one of the nicer ones (except the shroom room).

The evillest portal I got into was set while doing Drakkar. Not even in the portal phase, while I wanted to pick up a downed player someone placed a portal exit on him which led you kind of stuck in a wall outside the battlefield -.-

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

While I can understand it’s annoying, there are tricks to not fall for the portals and aviator boxes. Portals are easy since you can hear them, but what many players don’t know is that you can keybind next ally in options and use that to target the chest you want to open. Also works when ppl place banners on top of eachothers by accident. And lastly if you do fall for it, don’t give the trollers the attention they crave. It’s not fun for them unless someone reacts to it. Ignoring the trolls is the best revenge 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blocking chest, NPCs or interactable objects in any given way is this communities Rickroll.

While annoying it's not against the TOS unless you can absolutely prove that it is targeted harassment.

And I doubt Anet would ever bother to pull a that other MMO and blocks placing objects or mounts near this stuff.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

No,  you cannot get a ban for creating a troll portal. You can't even get a ban for sequence breaking and portal cheesing some game mechanics. There is very little that will get you banned in this game. You won't even get banned if you use bots/multiclient to farm creatures at their spawn points. You will only get banned if you use a bot to advertise for a gold-selling website (or doing anything that actually cuts into ArenaNet's revenue). Aside from that, you won't get banned for much of anything.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Simple... The devs make a patch to attach the name of the character that set the portal so that when someone get's teleported there is a message that say 'so-n-so portaled you'... Makes it easy to report and maybe deters bad use...

Edited by ColonelNeeko.9632
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Yello.3406 said:

How about just portal back? Afaik you can portal 3-4 times while the portal is active so you must be very unlucky to catch a portal at the very end of its lifetime. Or you are oblivious but then it's kind of your fault, too.

Well some places like TD meta chests mesmers can break out of map and if you take that portal you get droped down in a hole were all you can do is waypoint.

Dont cost much but people grumble about it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well some places like TD meta chests mesmers can break out of map and if you take that portal you get droped down in a hole were all you can do is waypoint.

Dont cost much but people grumble about it.

Ok, this is vile. Only times I had involuntarily ported I just sighed a little and ported back.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1