Element of Aestus drop [Resolved]

Hi, 

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I don't know where else.

I'm doing a Henge Away from Home, and I'm just missing the drop from Aestus "Element of Aestus", but I've done him twice now, on two separate days, and it just doesn't drop. Is there something specific I'm missing when it comes to defeating him to get the drop? I did him before Ignis the second time around still nothing. 

Do I need to participate more in the pre-events? Does Draconis Mons need to be the lws3 daily on the day I do this?

Help appreciated! 

Ps. I should be able to get "Aestus Heart" too, but that doesn't drop either.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion on both: It's not a 100% that either item will drop. I got both on the 3rd try I did. Two of which were today (10 july, 22)

Edited by MinniHowl.3017
update conclusion

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think I encountered this issue once and it has something to do with how close you are to the boss when it dies. Something about how the reward is from a physically-spawned chest that can be auto-looted. You could try turning off auto-loot if you have that on (or try to make sure you're close when it dies), or if you don't have it, maybe look for a chest on the platform after and see if you can manually loot it.

Edited by Labjax.2465
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Labjax.2465 said:

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think I encountered this issue once and it has something to do with how close you are to the boss when it dies. Something about how the reward is from a physically-spawned chest that can be auto-looted. You could try turning off auto-loot if you have that on (or try to make sure you're close when it dies), or if you don't have it, maybe look for a chest on the platform after and see if you can manually loot it.

I was right there and I did try looting the chest, but I had auto-looted. Maybe I'll try with manual too.

32 minutes ago, SandraSolace.7682 said:

Have you checked the merchant that sells the item? Maybe for some reason you allready had it drop and you might have missed it.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Supplymaster_Hanjo#vendor42

I have, and I haven't missed it.

2 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

it's just not a 100% drop for some weird reason.

Hm, maybe that's the reason, that's annoying though!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It only drops once a day from the Daily Chest, if you weren't aware.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Element_of_Aestus

I am, which is why I asked whether or not Draconis Mons needs to be the lws3 daily on the day I do this? Like, today Siren's Landing is daily lws3... do I need to wait for it to become Draconis Mons?

• Sad 1

• MinniHowl.3017 changed the title to Element of Aestus drop [Resolved]