"Blinding Truths" is bugged

Sahne.6950

The trait blinds enemys when you use a healskill. it has a ICD of 3 seconds.

However, the traits Cooldown is triggered even if you dont blind someone. This makes the trait extremely inconsistend. You approach someone and try to blind a hardhitting skill with it... but NOPE, the blind is not ready because you blinded the thin air 2 seconds ago.

The trait should have a 3 second ICD per unique target. otherwise it is WAY to inconsistent and not worth taking over the other options. You can never tell if it ready or not, nor can you use it to reliably mitigate damage.

The trait should only go on CD should you actually apply the blind, or it needs to be a 3 sec ICD per unique target, otherwise its too inconsistent and not worth slotting. I can only hope this is a bug and not working as intended, because i dont know of any other trait that works like this.... Most similar traits have unique ICDs for unique targets.

For example: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blinding_Ashes 

Just imagine that blinding ashes would work like this: Every 8 seconds a skill that would apply burn would also blind, regardless if it hits or not. If it doesnt hit anything... it goes on 8 second Cooldown, without any tell if and how long it will be on cooldown now. You can only pray that your burn will blind, its more or less completly random.

because thats how Blinding truths works atm..... which is just outright stupid xD

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

I think there would be an issue technology wise to be able to keep an ICD that only activates if a target is blinded while also being a PBAoE skill.

It would be like Evasive Arcana (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blinding_Flash_(trait_skill)) having an ICD only if it successfully blinds someone.

I personally find Blinding Truths to be useless. I'd rather it be Aegis to allies or something if they want it to be a defensive trait for allies. But then I think of PvP/WvW and invert a lil.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Just imagine that blinding ashes would work like this: Every 8 seconds a skill that would apply burn would also blind, regardless if it hits or not. If it doesnt hit anything... it goes on 8 second Cooldown, without any tell if and how long it will be on cooldown now. You can only pray that your burn will blind, its more or less completly random.

because thats how Blinding truths works atm..... which is just outright stupid xD

They are functioning in different ways. Blinding ashes blinds a target if you burn it. And you can just burn something if you actually hit it, therefore it won't go on cooldown unless you hit someone with a skill that burns.

However, blinding truths works differently. It triggers an attack around yourself when you use a healing skill. Using a healing skill does not have any requirement for a target nearby, so yes, this skill you activate can go into thin air.

A better comparison for blinding truths would be a trait like grenadier from engineer's explosives.

According to your logic, this trait would just go on cooldown if your lesser grenade barrage actually hits a target. But this is also not how this works. Once you use a healing skill, the skill lesser grenade barrage triggers, regardless of if there are targets or not. If there are not and your attack hits thin air, that's sad, but just how it is.

50 minutes ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Unyielding devotion is bugged slightly the same way but gives the reduced damage without me having to heal (I was playing Herald but hadnt pressed any facets yet so no passives)

I’m pretty sure it’s an unlisted change and a side effect of multiple effects triggering off all heals in game now. For example necro blood bank and Druid CA. So it triggers of any regen, active healing food, healing trait, or even environmental heals like fractal god. But you know rev can’t have nice things, so I’m sure it’ll be fixed asap in a “bug fix” while harb is still untouched balance wise…. Priorities