there was no explanation

Lighter.5631

On 7/14/2022 at 4:21 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

The reason there was no explanation is that Anet isn't going to give you a reason for you to argue with them. As someone said, from a thematic POV, the initial placement in Arms made sense. It's not practical, sure ... but if you don't see the sense of it, you just aren't looking at it from the perspective Anet did when they decided to do it. 

Hegelian dialectic 4tLose

On 7/15/2022 at 4:49 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

That doesn't make sense. I didn't say I didn't have enough care to respond. It seems you aren't clear what my point is and needed some help so I clarified it for you. It's got nothing to do with what you or anyone else cares about, so that part of your post is irrelevant to the discussion. Simply going to dismiss that irrelevant part of your post.  

Crit buffs going into crit themed traitlines. It's not hard to understand. 

Aahh here's Obtena...pretending we don't understand Anet's perspective even though we CLEARLY understand it!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Aahh here's Obtena...pretending we don't understand Anet's perspective even though we CLEARLY understand it!

So if 'we' clearly understand it, what's the big surprise Anet didn't provide an explanation? I mean, if people get it, why they asking? Oh I know ... because it's just a big ruse by players to pretend Anet has no clue what they are doing because they didn't explain the obvious about why a crit buff would go in a crit traitline. 

I mean, my absolute favourite part is where you unknowingly acknowledge the truth of my point here, so don't let me stop you if you insist on pressing home how much everyone 'clearly understands'. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 2

Q a pachao

The answer is simple anet is not going to tell you why they put that trait there, because of the errors that this entails, yes, it was the line of traits that improved crits, increased your chance of critical hit before with the seals, improves the effects of rage, gives access to rage, applies bleed on critical hits, applied critical hit vulnerability and other things with critical attacks, the only detail that anet ignored and that was obvious to all warrior players is that it lacks damage options of potency and in general it's not viable other than now buffing ferocity with seals and attack speed which becomes useless if dealt with quickly, doesn't really offer any buff to potency damage and less group damage, was that a mistake ?, no, it is simply the specialization that improves critical hits, that currently lacks so many viable options and is almost completely useless is something else, this has an answer and that is that they opted for the logical and simple, without e However, they know that it is a mistake due to the current state of the specialization and they are not going to tell you that directly, now because they opted for the simple and "logical" if they themselves said that these were going to make traits easily accessible, simple and you have to consider the following, anet does wonderful things and it is clear that they do it because they are good at it and presumably they want to do that, as long as they are not good at the balance of the game and it is most possible that they are the designers from other parts of the game to those who bring in from time to time to balance the game and look at those things, the issue now is, you know that you are not good at it and you opt for the logical and what the game dictates as it is, even knowing which isn't right, but if you can already go do what you like and you did the job anyway, you know that the balance has possibly uncorrectable errors at this point, you have a community asking for more and more things and everything else blah blah blah, at this point anet really should pre Asking is not even profitable to keep trying to get people who don't have the passion to balance the game to keep trying or to look for people who do have the passion to do it, even if it's a risk and really many who have stopped to see the current state of the game know that have such serious damage to the balance that it would end up being a waste of time to balance it well and it is better to patch it, as if it were stopping the death of someone with a Band-Aid patch.

Lots of text help meeeee, google translate

"However, modern power warrior builds don't typically incorporate the Arms trait line, meaning that warriors were not fairly compensated for the fury change. "

yea, duh, modern power warrior builds dont use Arms line because it's completely garbage.

even condi warrior builds suck now in modern time and nobody plays because this line is completely garbage.

well also all warrior elite and weapo and skill suck at condi, with only berserker somewhat function.

😂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

"However, modern power warrior builds don't typically incorporate the Arms trait line, meaning that warriors were not fairly compensated for the fury change. "

yea, duh, modern power warrior builds dont use Arms line because it's completely garbage.

even condi warrior builds suck now in modern time and nobody plays because this line is completely garbage.

well also all warrior elite and weapo and skill suck at condi, with only berserker somewhat function.

😂

Yeah I mean can we at least get Arms be like Engi's Firearm and Guardian's Radiance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Hey, hows it going fellow Warriors on exodus from the game (Also Stray is out finally, awesome).

It's not going anywhere soon. At this point, even WoW has better chances to provide a great and fun Warrior experience with its new talent trees than GW2 has with their current devs.

6 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Anet reverted the last balance patch yet? 

Of course they haven't.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2

On 7/15/2022 at 8:32 AM, Obtena.7952 said:

OK. That doesn't mean Anet didn't have a reason to put it in Arms. I mean, the explanation is actually pretty simple, even if you don't like it. It's a crit buff, Arms is the crit traitline. Jeez, people should be able to wrap their head around that one. Why does that need explanation?

Because it's incredibly surface level reasoning. It's a shallow line of thinking that demonstrates that they did not deeply consider where to put it. Further evidenced by the fact that they then add to add it elsewhere.

It is in fact very easy to understand that reasoning. And that's kind of the problem. No one is wondering "why did they put the crit trait in the crit line". They are wondering why the developers in charge of balancing the game used such quick and shallow reasoning when deciding where to put it.

"Durr crit trait crit line" is almost comedic levels of decision making.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Arewn.2368 said:

it's incredibly surface level reasoning. It's a shallow line of thinking

It is in fact very easy to understand that reasoning. 

yea, basically my thoughts every time i read a obtena post

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Arewn.2368 said:

Because it's incredibly surface level reasoning. It's a shallow line of thinking that demonstrates that they did not deeply consider where to put it. Further evidenced by the fact that they then add to add it elsewhere.

It is in fact very easy to understand that reasoning. And that's kind of the problem. No one is wondering "why did they put the crit trait in the crit line". They are wondering why the developers in charge of balancing the game used such quick and shallow reasoning when deciding where to put it.

That's true but nonetheless, that's the reason. If it's shallow, it shouldn't be hard for people to understand why the explanation wasn't given. 

For funnsies ... I played a game with some guildies where the buff would go ... I predicted it was going into Arms. Was that just a lucky guess? Nope. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 7/20/2022 at 1:17 AM, Gorem.8104 said:

Hey, hows it going fellow Warriors on exodus from the game (Also Stray is out finally, awesome). 

Anet reverted the last balance patch yet? 

I went from being one of the game's biggest fans and cheerleaders to quitting in a day.  For someone like me to leave, well let's just say it had to be a royal screw up.  So yeah I haven't logged in since the day the patch dropped and I saw what they did.  Been giving a proper look at ffxiv finally.  I mean sure I miss gw2, will probably be my favorite mmo of all time, but I just lost total faith with that patch.   

I will glance every now and then to see if anything improves, good they moved the crit at least, but hearing things like Engi semi-afk auto-attacking and end game groups consisting of only 3 or 4 specs does not bode well imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1