Can't Finish Waters of Derelect Delve Even With Video Guide

I'm following an online guide to finish Waters of Derelict Delve and get my Skyscale, but the steps aren't working.

I take the runestone from the ice cave and go on to the next door as in the video. But when I try to use the runestone, I'm just told "It looks like something circular goes here". In the guide on Youtube, the runestone jut goes right in and the teleporter can be used.

I've gone back to double check that I have the stone. I do. I've restarted the game and tried again. Same result. I can't pick up another runestone because I'm already carrying one, but when I go to the lava room and try to interact with the teleporter, I just get told that it looks like something round goes here.

If I can't do this, I can't ever get a Skyscale, after sinking I don't know how many hours into the project.

Edited by Bronze Centipede.5230

19 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Don't know which YouTube video you use, but here is a walk-through:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune-Locked_Doors

Good luck.

The guide says that I need two runestones to open the second door. But the game tells me that I can't carry two runestones because they're too heavy. Having one runestone on me does nothing.

7 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

Have you completed the first room? I'm a little confused because you moved on to talk about needing to place multiple runes. You have to do the rooms in sequence.

I placed the runestone needed to get to the ice room, which is the first room. In there, there are two runestones, of which I can take one. Taking the runestone to the door to the lava room, which is the second room, I can only get a message telling me that something round belongs here.

Edited by Bronze Centipede.5230

6 hours ago, Bronze Centipede.5230 said:

I placed the runestone needed to get to the ice room, which is the first room. In there, there are two runestones, of which I can take one. Taking the runestone to the door to the lava room, which is the second room, I can only get a message telling me that something round belongs here.

And you did not waypoint out of frozen room?

Another thing since there are 2 slots have you tried both of them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzBT98Lg424

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

And you did not waypoint out of frozen room?

Another thing since there are 2 slots have you tried both of them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzBT98Lg424

Thank you! I expected a message to tell me that the rune had been placed in the slot, but instead, the slot was lighting up to tell me it had been placed.

I got through. A big thanks to everyone for helping!

• Like 1