Killproof-System (KP System)

On 12/4/2022 at 6:21 AM, Artemis.8034 said:

Personally i would be happy if they would just add a counter for all the KP, i am not carrying around all that junk. If they added a counter then everytime you get kp it adds to it like in the wallet , so when someone asks you can click on the kp in the wallet and show them.

that's exactly what kp.me is

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

i like runescape apprach - autochat option with amount of kills, or how WoW used to do it with achievement for certain amount of kills

yea there could be better systems for sure. Like for example if you use Tokens as kp, 50 Tokens could either mean 50 kills or 10, depending on how many you get per kill. 

Having a more accurate system would be better

• 2 weeks later...

I think the most important reason why Guild Wars 2 does not have a KP system is that ArenaNet does not really want to support a KP system. The obvious disadvantage of having a system to select players based on their past experience is that it excludes players who cannot bring that past experience. And ArenaNet probably does not like this. They surely know and understand the use of the KP checks as they exist now, but it is something entirely different if they actually design or support it.

A lot of work by ArenaNet has been towards making raids more accessible to players who never played this content because it was too scary, intimidating or difficult. The introduction of strike missions where players can get familiar with raid-like mechanics in a more forgiving setting, the better teaching of in-game mechanics like breaking the defiance bar. The introduction of emboldened mode on raids.

I'm not saying that KP checks are bad. I also play raids and when you need 300 LI for your legendary ring and an armor set, you sometimes just want a smooth experience without having to explain the basics every time or getting into a group that is not skilled enough to clear the encounter. So I think that ArenaNet is perfectly fine and understanding for KP gatekeeping to be used by players in their game, they just don't want to be part of it themselves.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Ombras.2853 said:

You can just play the game your way by tagging up and calling it a "chill run" or something similar.
No need to dictate what the experience of other players has to be.

Hum ... I was just thinking the same thing about players that want to recruit people based on kill counts and similar. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Hum ... I was just thinking the same thing about players that want to recruit people based on kill counts and similar. 

Well they already do, sad thing is people with not enough kills for their lfg try to sneak in right left and center.

Instead of starting a chill squad and learn/kill together.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well they already do, sad thing is people with not enough kills for their lfg try to sneak in right left and center.

Instead of starting a chill squad and learn/kill together.

Are we allowed to to create an auto-lfg in the training lfg , to help us create "chill random groups" like the OW?

(but in the other hand they will find people with obsesed with kicking other over low dps numbers in Instances and people will flock back in the OW . This is what  whole gaming community realise in theses 25 years across all games, , while other people where inside guilds and always say things like "i miss the old days , where community mattered".)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

8 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

People that keep saying this as a response to what you've quoted are so lost in their "no u" attempt that they don't see they don't even make sense. People looking for specific players in their group's lfg are already "(...)just playing the game their way by tagging up and [announcing who they're looking for]" while "not dictating how others play". Notice how the complaints here aren't about "people creating no req squads, but I want them to have kp reqs so I can get the group I'M looking for!", the complaint is about "why are those people creating their groups by their own wishes and not mine".

Saying that you "were thinking the same thing about players that want to recruit people baed on kill counts and similar" makes 0 sense here. The players you see in lfg (whether it's the ones requiring kp or not! -since very clearly both exist) already are building squads they want to see without saying others need to do it for them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

See the question here is simple:

Why does a certain faction of players become the exception to get a tool to enable how they create teams any more than another faction? 

I mean, there is definite a certain kind of player I don't want to team with when I choose to create a PUG ... but I'm not going to get that tool. Why does someone else need one to filter people for their criteria?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

See the question here is simple:

Why does a certain faction of players become the exception to get a tool to enable how they create teams any more than another faction?

Nobody did, anyone not caring about requirements can (and many do) simply use lfg and "welcome all"/"know mechs"/"training"/"chill" or similar. Nobody somehow got anything more than the others.

3 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I mean, there is definite a certain kind of player I don't want to team with when I choose to create a PUG ... but I'm not going to get that tool. Why does someone else need one to filter people for their criteria?

If you want to attempt to make a point, you'd need to be way more specific since for now you're saying a whole lot of nothing.

Not only that, but the question you're asking in this post now is different (still don't see it making much sense for now, since there are absolutely no specifics about what you could mean here) than the previous attempted "but players that want to recruit people based on kill counts and similar somehow don't allow other players to play like they want to". That claim was completely false and while you're free to pivot into a new point, if you actually have something on your mind then you'll need to make a specific point instead of that vague hypothetical about nothing.

Edited by Sobx.1758
-ing
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Literally anyone cat set ANY requirements. Early in the game we had achievement points, people demanded you ping your gear. 
When EoD released people set no new e-specs as requirements for EoD metas, not only DE.

If someone wants to limit who gets to join they will find ways. Whether it's achievement points, gear, LI/Tokens or even bananas.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Literally anyone cat set ANY requirements. Early in the game we had achievement points, people demanded you ping your gear. 
When EoD released people set no new e-specs as requirements for EoD metas, not only DE.

If someone wants to limit who gets to join they will find ways. Whether it's achievement points, gear, LI/Tokens or even bananas.

Right ... but that's not my point. My point is that a certain group of players feel they should have a special tool for that. Why are they the exception?

• Confused 6

Right ... but that's not my point. My point is that a certain group of players feel they should have a special tool for that. Why are they the exception?

Why not give them the tool? A kill proof System in the game would be very useful. Everyone can use it. 

• Like 1

Noone's the exception. As I said. Anyone can do it, gave you examples of people doing it over the years. Deciding who joins your group is allowed, there is no rule stating that you must play with whoever wants to join your group. You can just make a group and demand 250LI from anyone to join. 

The current tools we have work perfectly enough. Either a KPme code or spam-ping whatever is required.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Not really, all you do here is throw meaningless generalizations (or clearly irrelevant "no u" responses) and hope people come up with your argument for you.

For instance you said things like this one:

23 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I mean, there is definite a certain kind of player I don't want to team with when I choose to create a PUG ... but I'm not going to get that tool.

And still didn't specify who or what it is. It's almost as if you just... didn't come up with anything yet. You're simply baiting people into arguing against the point you're unable to make in the first place.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

Why not give them the tool? A kill proof System in the game would be very useful. Everyone can use it. 

The fact that everyone can use it is irrelevant or how 'very useful' it would be ... for SOME people, not all people. The question is why it's needed to filter players based on a specific criteria. Why does THAT metric need a specific filter ingame?

The question isn't why not. Adding things to the game requires justification. Anet doesn't just add things to the game because they aren't there.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

31 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

The fact that everyone can use it is irrelevant or how 'very useful' it would be ... for SOME people, not all people. The question is why it's needed to filter players based on a specific criteria. Why does THAT metric need a specific filter ingame?

The question isn't why not. Adding things to the game requires justification. Anet doesn't just add things to the game because they aren't there.

I currently waste over 20 slots in my bank for the various kill proofs, would be nice to have that space for other things. 
It is needed to filter players if you for example raid in pug groups, it just makes it easier if you know that players have experience in a raid wing. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

I currently waste over 20 slots in my bank for the various kill proofs, would be nice to have that space for other things. 
It is needed to filter players if you for example raid in pug groups, it just makes it easier if you know that players have experience in a raid wing. 

That's nice but freeing up your bank is not a reason to add this to the game. 

I'm not asking why it's needed. I'm asking why this specific group of players that want this filter are exceptional to get it. I mean, why shouldn't someone else get a filter for something they want? If these players get this specific filtering tool, why shouldn't every single player that wants a filter for creating teams get an ingame tool to do filter on their criteria as well?

I guess the rhetorical nature of my questions to you are not making the point. It's pretty simple: NO one should get a specific ingame tool to filter players. If you want to purposefully restrict who you team with, that's up to you. The game shouldn't be enabling you or anyone else for that. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's nice but that's not a reason to add something to the game.

I'm not asking why it's needed. I'm asking why this specific group of players that want this filter are exceptional to get it. I mean, why shouldn't someone else get a filter for something they want? If these players get this tool, why shouldn't every single player that wants a filter for creating teams get an ingame tool to do that as well?

It’s not about a specific group, it’s about a specific area of the game. In WvW you can see the WvW rank of other players, in fractals you can see how much agony resistance someone has. 

• Like 1