Killproof-System (KP System)

1 minute ago, vares.8457 said:

It’s not about a specific group, it’s about a specific area of the game. 

No, it's about a specific group because not everyone who plays in the specific area of the game we are talking about cares about KP. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 5

39 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

"Do You Have the Slightest Idea How Little That Narrows It Down?"

People deciding who can join THEIR group based on different criteria is nothing new in GW2.. it has been a thing since MMOs existed.

That's my point ... the value of a system ingame that focuses on a specific criteria for filtering players for making a team ... is LOW. So why does it make sense for Anet to implement a specific-criteria filtering system for a specific group of players? Why does THAT specific group of player get that system and not some other specific group getting a filtering system they want? I mean ... this is all about 'that group' of players thinking they are exceptional when they aren't ... so justifying this tool for them doesn't make sense. 

Whether that system is based on KP, AP, gear check or whatever new labeling/categorization system someone like the OP is proposing. They are all just schemes to exclude people. Now ask yourself why we don't have ingame systems to exclude people from teams. It should be obvious that if players want to go out of their way to exclude people because of their team requirements, they need figure that out themselves.  

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 6

36 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's my point ... the value of a system ingame that focuses on a specific criteria for filtering players for making a team ... is LOW. So why does it make sense for Anet to implement a specific-criteria filtering system for a specific group of players? Why does THAT specific group of player get that system and not some other specific group getting a filtering system they want? I mean ... this is all about 'that group' of players thinking they are exceptional when they aren't ... so justifying this tool for them doesn't make sense. 

If you bothered to read OP they are suggesting a continous achievement for Raid wings in the same fashion as GW1 faction titles and you spin this as some illustrious them scheming to exclude unfortunate people from groups.

You also see a bunch of responses dismissing it, so who is this "that group" that you are going on about?

40 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Whether that system is based on KP, AP, gear check or whatever new labeling/categorization system someone like the OP is proposing. They are all just schemes to exclude people. 

You forgot your tinfoil hat mate.

40 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Now ask yourself why we don't have ingame systems to exclude people from teams. It should be obvious that if players want to go out of their way to exclude people because of their team requirements, they need figure that out themselves.  

And people are using the exact system OP is proposing as it's nothing new. There are groups that require DwD for Fractal CMs, there are groups requiring certain titles for Strike or Raid CMs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

If you bothered to read OP they are suggesting a continous achievement for Raid wings in the same fashion as GW1 faction titles and you spin this as some illustrious them scheming to exclude unfortunate people from groups.

Yes I get what the OP is suggesting. It's simply just a different way to differentiate players based on their experience, which means what I'm saying is still relevant to the thread. 

4 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

And people are using the exact system OP is proposing as it's nothing new. There are groups that require DwD for Fractal CMs, there are groups requiring certain titles for Strike or Raid CMs.

That's correct ... that's why we DON'T NEED additional ingame tools that could be used for filtering people. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

If you read the responses you'd notice that people were also suggesting that the idea is pointless.

Great ... I'm GLAD to see that kind of opposition to ingame tools that would further enable people to segregate the playerbase with labels and numbers. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 4

On 2/18/2023 at 7:26 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

I mean, there is definite a certain kind of player I don't want to team with when I choose to create a PUG ... but I'm not going to get that tool.

You still didn't clarify what you'd like to see here. Is it because you didn't have anything in mind when you wrote that and still didn't come up with any "check" that isn't already available?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I've read the thread for you: Noone recommended extra in game tools.
You're welcome.

The OP is suggesting Anet add an ingame ranked categorization system for Raids. That IS a tool that people could use to filter players. 

You're welcome. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

The OP is suggesting Anet add an ingame ranked categorization system for Raids. That IS a tool that people could use to filter players. 

You're welcome. 

And what is that "system" using? Achievements. Things that already exist and are used as KP. You suggest Anet remove titles and achievements to not allow these scheming "that group" to scheme to divide and segreate the players?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

And what is that "system" using? Achievements. Things that already exist and are used as KP. You suggest Anet remove titles and achievements to not allow these scheming "that group" to scheme to divide and segreate the players?

What that system uses as a metric is not relevant to my objection to it. If people are already using achievements to filter people, we don't need additional schemes for labeling/categorization in game to enable that further. If that wasn't achievements and was something else (like AP or gear check or ... whatever), my objection to addition schemes to enable team filtering in the game would be the same

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 6

11 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

What that system uses as a metric is not relevant to my objection to it. If people are already using achievements to filter people, we don't need additional schemes for labeling/categorization in game to enable that further. If that wasn't achievements and was something else (like AP or gear check or ... whatever), my objection to addition schemes to enable team filtering in the game would be the same

And everyone is saying that it's an unneeded addition.
I'll ask again, what's the issue? Is the issue the idea that noone agrees with or it's just "hurr durr people want to only play with players with similiar capabilities"? 
From this whole labeling/categorization, "that group", scheming whatever it seems to be the latter.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 8:53 PM, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

"Do You Have the Slightest Idea How Little That Narrows It Down?"

People deciding who can join THEIR group based on different criteria is nothing new in GW2.. it has been a thing since MMOs existed.

This made me nostalgic for " x AP P1/2/3 FC"

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think what many that are opposed to ingame systems miss is that segregation already happens. Implementing a good ingame system would actually be more inclusive than the current system imho. Atm groups ask for very high kp and LIs because those metrics are very flawed. Furthermore, many players resert to Discord communities, etc. because it is much easier to organize groups and find players.

In sum, a lot a people are excluded that might get a chance if there is a proper ingame adaptation of those features. People like Obtena.7952 are afraid that players will be segregated via an ingame system but the segregation is already happening and an ingame system might help to mitigate that.

• Like 3

On 2/19/2023 at 4:42 PM, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

[...]

If someone wants to limit who gets to join they will find ways. Whether it's achievement points, gear, LI/Tokens or even bananas.

I always keep a good stack of fresh banana's nearby for groups like that. And even some 'special' banana's that serve to solidify my entry into the group.

6 hours ago, pfuetzi.5421 said:

I think what many that are opposed to ingame systems miss is that segregation already happens. Implementing a good ingame system would actually be more inclusive than the current system imho. Atm groups ask for very high kp and LIs because those metrics are very flawed. Furthermore, many players resert to Discord communities, etc. because it is much easier to organize groups and find players.

In sum, a lot a people are excluded that might get a chance if there is a proper ingame adaptation of those features. People like Obtena.7952 are afraid that players will be segregated via an ingame system but the segregation is already happening and an ingame system might help to mitigate that.

Addition of an ingame filtering system shows intent. It's irrelevant to me if people filtering teammates is  already happening or not. What is relevant to me is how the game is intended to work, as demonstrated by how Anet develops it and the tools they add for people to play it. 

Just because some people add filtering layers to their team building process does not justify an ingame feature for it; they can play how they want and already do so, nothing more is required. Addition of a filtering feature is only an improvement if Anet is designing the game to work around teams where players are 'filtered'. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 5

5 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Addition of an ingame filtering system shows intent. It's irrelevant to me if people filtering teammates is  already happening or not. What is relevant to me is how the game is intended to work, as demonstrated by how Anet develops it and the tools they add for people to play it. 

Just because some people add filtering layers to their team building process does not justify an ingame feature for it; they can play how they want and already do so, nothing more is required. Addition of a filtering feature is only an improvement if Anet is designing the game to work around teams where players are 'filtered'.

I like how you now dropped that "we don't have other ways to filter off people despite me wanting it, that would make you special!" (which was very obviously false) claim and went into "it's about intent!" instead 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1