Vindidodge is a mess

Sahne.6950

The literal worst thing about Vindicator in pvp is, that the Vindidodge is hella inconsistent animationwise!   Most of the time the vindi will just keep running and lift a few inches and just mayyybe it will do the landing animation...but most of the time even the landing animation is missing. The vindi just keeps running and randomly starts to float .... and thats supposed to be the evadeframe. There is no "rolling" or "jumping" animation whatsoever. The only tell you have, is that the Vindi suddenly is floating above the ground. When the actual animation of him going up into the sky starts... the evadeframe is almost over. I can not tell you how many skills i wasted into thin air because i did not identify this "leg-wiggling" and "lifting" as the dodgeroll....

https://youtu.be/_zjM-xPK1Uc?t=46

Here! Look at it! from where the video starts the next 7 Dodgerolls are just him running in the air... no animation when the dodge begins whatsoever... the vindi will just run and float.. and thats the evadeframe! nice!

It just looks so wonky...   Please dont tell me i am the only one that sees that the "jumping" animation is completly missing... the Vindi will suddenly start to float.... but no real jump.... just keeps running and slowly lifts from the ground. The initial animation of him jumping is COMPLETLY MISSING! He just begins floating...  the landinganimation is there... but the first half of the evadeframe is literally happening without a animation... he just... floats....

Edit: how can you be confused!? i literally linked a video of it happening multiple times in a row...

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

• Sahne.6950 changed the title to Vindidodge is a mess

Even when the animation is like "normal" its hard to tell when it starts and when it ends. But whatever, what are the odds they'll do anything about it.

And at least theres an animation you can see, unlike certain hamburgers.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Even when the animation is like "normal" its hard to tell when it starts and when it ends. But whatever, what are the odds they'll do anything about it.

And at least theres an animation you can see, unlike certain hamburgers.

broooo....🍔shroud 5 is the biggest joke animationwise... Highimpact skill on a low CD with absolutely no tell.... nice! The only thing that is coming close to the level of frustration is 🍔Elixirs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Vindi dodge animation is legitimately a more dramatic version of Vault except you can use it to dodge-jump over higher ledges than any other dodge.

I hope they consider doing something to make Vindicator's dodge more interactive and actually fun to use. When you dodge you basically hold WASD to either land or get somewhere safe.

23 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

broooo....🍔shroud 5 is the biggest joke animationwise... Highimpact skill on a low CD with absolutely no tell.... nice! The only thing that is coming close to the level of frustration is 🍔Elixirs.

Shroud 5 is so weirdly buggy- as with Mechanist Barrier Signet bubble... Then there's the fact Elixirs are hella dangerous and you don't get any tell except for a small projectile in a mass of other things to pay attention to. ... There's also the fact you can't reflect Shroud 1 projectiles without it being a ground-targeted projectile reflect.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Vindi dodge animation is legitimately a more dramatic version of Vault except you can use it to dodge-jump over higher ledges than any other dodge.

I hope they consider doing something to make Vindicator's dodge more interactive and actually fun to use. When you dodge you basically hold WASD to either land or get somewhere safe.

Shroud 5 is so weirdly buggy- as with Mechanist Barrier Signet bubble... Then there's the fact Elixirs are hella dangerous and you don't get any tell except for a small projectile in a mass of other things to pay attention to. ... There's also the fact you can't reflect Shroud 1 projectiles without it being a ground-targeted projectile reflect.

since the last patch specter shroud 5 also is missing the AoE-impactcircle.... even for yourself.. idk if thats intentional or not.. but it sure is a buff to specter 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On one hand anet is terrible about fixing revenant bugs so it probably won't be fixed. On the other hand the animations is only really borked for the other players looking at the rev. So the obvious solution which will probably be utilized will be to nerf vindi to complete non viability.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

On one hand anet is terrible about fixing revenant bugs so it probably won't be fixed. 

Yep. Rev has bugs which randomly shuffles the utilities while leaping from game modes and which jails you inside wall while using some teleports, whereas Guardians have bugs which grants them a free aegis each time they mount/dismount in PvE and WvW. Seems balanced to me.

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

On one hand anet is terrible about fixing revenant bugs so it probably won't be fixed. On the other hand the animations is only really borked for the other players looking at the rev. So the obvious solution which will probably be utilized will be to nerf vindi to complete non viability.

the animation is only borked for the people looking at the rev?  So the obvious solution would be to give them Stealth on dodge! /s

simple as that. :3

(i should delete this, before they somehow think this is real and implement it as a hotfix)

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 2