Alac on spirits feedback

Xionor.8963

I already saw some people posting in different threads about their problems with the spirit alac sitaution and I thought it would be a good idea to create an own thread about this topic. My complaints are based upon alac Untamed. The build seemed solid against a Golem but once you try it out in real combat you see that it has some strong flaws as once 1 thing breaks, the whole build comes crumbling down. This is because your spirits fulfill other important roles except giving alac. The heal spirit obviously is also you heal skill and having to resummon it in combat, then tell it to start using the heal and then having to wait for it to finish it's animation is just terrible when you want to heal yourself. The storm spirit reduces all your cooldowns by 4 seconds so once it dies you really feel a gap in your rotation which also means no perma alac for your whole team.

Making it that you radiate alac around you when you use a pet skill F1-3 would make it a lot safer to keep perma alac. You know just like you designed Mecha and Renegade. I don't want every alac giver to give their alac with their F1-4 abilities but in this case I'd definitely would prefer that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Alac on F1-3 might be a bit problematic since all pets have different skill cooldowns and if Soulbeast also get's to apply alac with the merged skills that adds the problem of 2 sets of skills giving alac and some skills having 1s cast with no CD.
So unless there is changes like internal CD for each skill slot I don't think it's a viable alac source.

29 minutes ago, Erkki.9145 said:

Ya, it could be so simple if the pet provided alac. Then you would just spam your f1-3 skills, just like renegade provides alac with one f skill. I don't get it why it has been made so complicated to provide alac on ranger...

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I personally consider the approach of stuff like spirits providing alac or engineer gyros to provide superspeed/quickness way healthier.

In my opinion, keeping up powerful boons like quickness or alacrity permanently should not be a task of pressing a single button. Your build should have some dedication for it. Alac ranger and quickness scrapper both have to invest traits and multiple utility skills to achieve this and I think this should be more the norm.

So I would prefer to change the classes which can keep up these boons just by pressing a single button instead of making more builds like these...

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I personally consider the approach of stuff like spirits providing alac or engineer gyros to provide superspeed/quickness way healthier.

In my opinion, keeping up powerful boons like quickness or alacrity permanently should not be a task of pressing a single button. Your build should have some dedication for it. Alac ranger and quickness scrapper both have to invest traits and multiple utility skills to achieve this and I think this should be more the norm.

So I would prefer to change the classes which can keep up these boons just by pressing a single button instead of making more builds like these...

Ya, I get your point of view, but I highly doubt anet is going to do anything to renegade's easy alac or firebrands easy quickness. I'm fine with that, but it just feels so unfair to the specs that requires so much effort to maintain one boon...

It feels like for some specs the rotations are so crazy, you'd have to be a pianist to fully succeed...