pvp pip change for losses is bad

Stalima.5490

From what I've seen there is no actual benefit to the players with this change, all it is doing is allowing afkers to screw legitimate players over even more since they now get 40% less pips when several people afk on their team, essentially just making the afker situation even worse than it was originally.

The concept of this change seems like it was forwarded by someone who doesn't fully understand why people afk in games, which is literally just to spite their team and screw them over which is now further enabled with getting less pips for a one sided game.

Bots also do not care how many games they have to do as they are automated and have no concept of good or bad making them an irrelevant factor in terms of pips, they will profet regardless for zero effort anyway.

It also doesn't account for the fact that some games will simply not be playable due to the random nature of builds and seemingly random rating mash up at times.

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

What exactly has changed with the pips?

I didn't notice any difference.

well before you got 5 if you lost regardless, now you get 3 or 5 if you are above 400 or so points.

This basically means you lose 2 pips every time someone goes afk etc.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

well before you got 5 if you lost regardless, now you get 3 or 5 if you are above 400 or so points.

I always got three for a loss, with extra pips for top stats.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

You've been getting 3 pips for a standard loss for well over 2 years now. How did you not notice?
Was every one of your losses a near-win? 😄

59 minutes ago, Peter Panda.5629 said:

You've been getting 3 pips for a standard loss for well over 2 years now. How did you not notice?
Was every one of your losses a near-win? 😄

I was always getting 5 even for terrible games until this season

• Confused 1

From the Wiki:

"Pips are earned by winning and losing matches and earning top stats. Winning a match will award 10 pips, losing a match will award 3 pips, and earning any amount of top stats will earn 1 pip. Losing a ranked match with a score equal to or greater than 80% of the winning team’s score will award a Near Victory bonus worth 2 pips. Being in the Platinum division will also award you with 2 extra pips after each game and being in the Legendary division will award you 4."

If OP is plat then 5 is how many they get for a standard loss https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_League#Rewards

I agree any sort of participation award in the competitive option is dumb. Should be in Unranked where having afk pip-farmers wouldn't really matter to hardly anyone.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

From what I've seen there is no actual benefit to the players with this change, all it is doing is allowing afkers to screw legitimate players over even more since they now get 40% less pips when several people afk on their team, essentially just making the afker situation even worse than it was originally.

The concept of this change seems like it was forwarded by someone who doesn't fully understand why people afk in games, which is literally just to spite their team and screw them over which is now further enabled with getting less pips for a one sided game.

Bots also do not care how many games they have to do as they are automated and have no concept of good or bad making them an irrelevant factor in terms of pips, they will profet regardless for zero effort anyway.

It also doesn't account for the fact that some games will simply not be playable due to the random nature of builds and seemingly random rating mash up at times.

Of course she's outraged, and all the changes they've been making in pvp for a long time in my opinion are for the worse, everything is getting simpler, they don't release new maps or anything exciting, now this... I don't know who runs this game mode but it's frustrating and increasingly disgusting to play this game mode.

Oh and the worst of all is the lack of transparency in the matchups, sometimes there is a factor that I have the feeling that they put in is that when you are winning many games they put you in with worse players every time, excuse me? shouldn't it be the other way around? just as we are going to progress in level when it is a game that is about 5 people cooperating and not about 1 person who takes everything ahead.