Jump to content
  • Sign Up

teleports


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

whats the point of kiting when every class can cheat threw walls, and out of line of site to get to you?

im probably alone in this thought.

No I 100% agree with this sentiment. It used to be just shiro port revs that did this, but now you have willbenders and untamed doing the same. I have no problems with ground targetted teleports, but targetted ports that go through walls and require no skill or coördination to land? kitten that. It's tilting beyond belief and it makes sidenoding almost completely obsolete. I had a game against 2 willbenders and 2 heralds. It's literally impossible to kite. Great game design! Imo all targetted ports should be removed from the game. High damage is ok, but let it at least require some effort to get kills.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Goldilock.2584 said:

Everyone should fight only on point push f and on thenroads to each point should be non combat areas where we always have our way. Every class has same skills same stats and thats all there is to pvp. And 0 dodges. Gw2 in 2025

Nice hyperbole and stawmanning. 0/0 post.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Koensol.5860 said:

No I 100% agree with this sentiment. It used to be just shiro port revs that did this, but now you have willbenders and untamed doing the same. I have no problems with ground targetted teleports, but targetted ports that go through walls and require no skill or coördination to land? kitten that. It's tilting beyond belief and it makes sidenoding almost completely obsolete. I had a game against 2 willbenders and 2 heralds. It's literally impossible to kite. Great game design! Imo all targetted ports should be removed from the game. High damage is ok, but let it at least require some effort to get kills.


did u take a second to look at minimap at all? No? Try that next time. Zooming out helps as well gl

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, sentient.2081 said:


did u take a second to look at minimap at all? No? Try that next time. Zooming out helps as well gl

How does this fix the problem of porting through walls and onto kite spots? Okay so I dodge the port, they are still on my kitten, no? I mean it's okay if you like it. I just don't. I find it highly lame that after kiting cleverly onto a structure or through LoS, that some 0 iq clown can just press 1 button and undo it all with 0 effort at all.

Edited by Koensol.5860
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean I can see they had to do something about everyone just kiting on boxes everytime they were outnumbered or low on cooldowns. It was kind of anticlimatic. I would say the PvP map design was at fault here as no port spots were kind of stupid. It would have been better design if there were less ports and people utilized knockbacks/launches/fears on high spots to buy time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

How does this fix the problem of porting through walls and onto kite spots? Okay so I dodge the port, they are still on my kitten, no? I mean it's okay if you like it. I just don't. I find it highly lame that after kiting cleverly onto a structure or through LoS, that some 0 iq clown can just press 1 button and undo it all with 0 effort at all.

Get on with the times, willbendas are balanced.

This is a skill issue.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

How does this fix the problem of porting through walls and onto kite spots? Okay so I dodge the port, they are still on my kitten, no? I mean it's okay if you like it. I just don't. I find it highly lame that after kiting cleverly onto a structure or through LoS, that some 0 iq clown can just press 1 button and undo it all with 0 effort at all.

Why are u kiting off node before they arrive if you are 1v1ing? What example of kite spot do you find problematic?

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Post #5647 subconsciously asking for class homogenization. "Remove everything but holding W, autoattacks and a standardized heal skill for everyone."
Devs might be bad at balancing their own game, but the average player is x20 worse.

However, what they have been doing by giving more specs access to ports is also as disastrous. Tanky classes (doesnt mean heavy armor, thats worthless) should never have any access to ports.

Edited by XxsdgxX.8109
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

No I 100% agree with this sentiment. It used to be just shiro port revs that did this, but now you have willbenders and untamed doing the same. I have no problems with ground targetted teleports, but targetted ports that go through walls and require no skill or coördination to land? kitten that. It's tilting beyond belief and it makes sidenoding almost completely obsolete. I had a game against 2 willbenders and 2 heralds. It's literally impossible to kite. Great game design! Imo all targetted ports should be removed from the game. High damage is ok, but let it at least require some effort to get kills.

What is it with people thinking only Shiro can? Any port that is target based rather than by area selection with mouse ALWAYS could go through walls and that's Guardian and Thief being able since day 1 of GW2. You see Shiro doing it more because the skill is literally more often accessible.

If your idea of skill resides at the fact that "target ports" are lame, then they should also remove the ability for anyone to use skills without looking directly at their target, Anet has been going on a roll lately to ruin many skills that way, they should keep going in regards to your demand if that matters.

Make Action Cam mandatory for PvP, that'll bring up the skill ceiling. Even better, force player collisions so that we don't have to deal with the fact that people constantly break skills by running into other players.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

Make Action Cam mandatory for PvP, that'll bring up the skill ceiling. Even better, force player collisions so that we don't have to deal with the fact that people constantly break skills by running into other players.

Stop, stop, I can only get so errect! 

I've said this before but I think no teleport should exceed 600 range. I want to see JI in particular, get it's range halved and this coming from a guard main.

Edited by Bailios.7518
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The minute you remove ports you leave thief unchecked as a roamer. You might not like the solution, but its better than removing it on every profession.

Also kiting and LoS is still a thing. Now you also need to add anti port spots to your toolbox. Deal with it cuz its not changing anytime soon.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

What is it with people thinking only Shiro can? Any port that is target based rather than by area selection with mouse ALWAYS could go through walls and that's Guardian and Thief being able since day 1 of GW2. You see Shiro doing it more because the skill is literally more often accessible.

If your idea of skill resides at the fact that "target ports" are lame, then they should also remove the ability for anyone to use skills without looking directly at their target, Anet has been going on a roll lately to ruin many skills that way, they should keep going in regards to your demand if that matters.

Make Action Cam mandatory for PvP, that'll bring up the skill ceiling. Even better, force player collisions so that we don't have to deal with the fact that people constantly break skills by running into other players.

Ports are fine, I'd just like them to require a bit of skill, as in being ground targetted and unable to go through walls to your target. Abilities like shiroport require no effort at all and make kiting obsolete at times. Yes, I know about no port spots, but that's the same as saying "just dodge" to everything.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Koensol.5860 said:

Ports are fine, I'd just like them to require a bit of skill, as in being ground targetted and unable to go through walls to your target. Abilities like shiroport require no effort at all and make kiting obsolete at times. Yes, I know about no port spots, but that's the same as saying "just dodge" to everything.

Ground targeted arguably is much stronger and easier to use. You lose the port through wall feature but it makes kiting and general map mobility downright trivial. Having engage mobility be generally stronger than disengage mobility is important for allowing targets to actually die as it is extremely easy to kite enemies when you can run away in a straight line just as fast as they can chase. And right now player targeted ports are the only mobility that is better for engaging than disengaging.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

The minute you remove ports you leave thief unchecked as a roamer. You might not like the solution, but its better than removing it on every profession.

Also kiting and LoS is still a thing. Now you also need to add anti port spots to your toolbox. Deal with it cuz its not changing anytime soon.

I don't think anyone is saying they should be removed. I'm not. I would like them to require line of sight for them to work. So you cant cheat/port threw walls. That alone will be enough I think. Anti ports don't work with all the projectiles in the game now as well. That teleporting ranger just pulls out his bow and gets you. Same with necro now.  I mostly play fa ele so when people kit to no ports I just stand and attack. Or when I go to them I get bombarded with projectiles.

Teleports like the bow 5 isn't to bad because of the initiative usage, but I feel if u use a skill 3 in a row times regardless of initiative usage it goes on cooldown. But that is another matter

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2022 at 5:49 AM, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

whats the point of kiting when every class can cheat threw walls, and out of line of site to get to you?

im probably alone in this thought.

If you're only having this thought now, you've at least broken the surface of mildly critical thought for GW2, but this was a question asked way back in 2013 honestly.  Only difference then was that people would ridicule anybody for talking down GW2's "God tier combat" because the PvP scene was still totally dazzled and deluded by promises of esports.  It doesn't matter if every class wasn't yet a thief back then; the precedent existed, and in the end, time proved the critics right about GW2's shallow design.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Swagg.9236 said:

If you're only having this thought now, you've at least broken the surface of mildly critical thought for GW2, but this was a question asked way back in 2013 honestly.  Only difference then was that people would ridicule anybody for talking down GW2's "God tier combat" because the PvP scene was still totally dazzled and deluded by promises of esports.  It doesn't matter if every class wasn't yet a thief back then; the precedent existed, and in the end, time proved the critics right about GW2's shallow design.

Yep, pretty much accurate.

Porting onto your target without LoS is generally very dumb design. It is okay on thief steal but not on all these other classes. This is one reason of many why core pvp was best pvp and why sidenoding and positioning is mostly dead.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...