Random idea for an elite that's a better tempest.

JayHog.3280

Was thinking of an elementalist elite that would be basically a better tempest... Where you can only have one element in combat and can't swap mid combat, but to make things interesting, it would have a style meter or something, using elite skills to fill it up or just attacking differently with weapon skills and if it reaches S rank, the elementalist could perform an insane AoE attack that hits so much of the screen. The choice of elementalist would differ the following:

Air: Starts cutting the air with lightning for several strikes as it stuns anyone hit by it, similar to Vigil from DMC and then after a delay, charges an EMP like attack, hits the ground and shocks the whole area where the stunned enemies were in range.

Fire: Causes a fire barrier and gives itself a fire shield, enemies cannot leave unless they don't mind taking massive damage or using a teleport like ability. Enemies will get burned trying to attack the elementalist. and after a delay, anyone who hasn't tried to kill him or left the ring, ends up taking massive fire damage, similar to how a volcano erupts.

Water: Starts a ring of water in the shape of waves, constantly making waves move back and forth in the ring, giving indicators of where it will hit so enemies can dodge, and in the end, the wave will rise up and then land down causing massive healing to allies and damage the enemies, but halfway through the massive hit, the barrier will be down so enemies can leave it's range unimpended.

Earth: Earth barrier, the barrier has it's own HP, so if destroyed, people can get out of it, the elementalist starts making stone spikes pop off the floor, causing bleeding and stuns, the final strike is a meteor that hits the whole area for massive damage.

Mostly thought of this because tempest doesn't really satisfy that need for TOTAL ELEMENTAL DESTRUCTION that I tend to crave when I roleplay Kennen. I just wish we had something that just turned you into a walking element nuke, where once you go off, you won't be useful for quite a while.

• Confused 4

Elementalists can only have 1 weapon but the ability to switch between 4 elements/skill sets compensates for that.  Creating a version of Elementalist where they must remain in 1 element and still only have the 1 weapon restriction would be really limiting unless they were given ridiculously OP traits to buff the limited # of skills usable by them.  It seems like it would be a balancing nightmare.

Edited by EmmetOtter.8542
  • Like 3

There is an unhealthy amount of things that need to switch element on the core elementalist traitlines. If you remove the attunment swap then the spec will just be dysfonctional.

Also, we've already got Tempest 2.0 with Catalyst, I'd rather not have a Tempest 3.0 on top of that.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 7/18/2022 at 3:47 PM, JayHog.3280 said:

Was thinking of an elementalist elite that would be basically a better tempest... Where you can only have one element in combat and can't swap mid combat, but to make things interesting, it would have a style meter or something, using elite skills to fill it up or just attacking differently with weapon skills and if it reaches S rank, the elementalist could perform an insane AoE attack that hits so much of the screen.

Thats literally stolen from league of legends xD whats her name... Samira?

Edited by Sahne.6950

8 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Thats literally stolen from league of legends xD whats her name... Samira?

Kennen and Brand. One for air, another for fire. The latter two I made up.

You think I would ruin this lovely game with the existence of anything close to Samira?  You insult me, good sir.

Also, the combo system originally belonged to Devil May Cry, so if anything, Rito stole it from them with Samira.