New Hacks in WvW? Seen Something New

Jitters.9401

Been trying a couple of new things since Anet nerfed my d/d d/d thief to hell and is no longer WvW viable. I only needed 2 stealth. Stealth on Heal and Stealth on Steal and now I have none.

Anyway. 

I've seen more than one enemy roaming who does not have a WvW Rank. Nothing.

I was on my condition mesmer virtuoso (trying new stuff) and came across one. We fought. I was trouncing him and then suddenly he/or she stopped taking any damage. The enemy health bar stopped moving after a certain point. My combat log showed that any damage beyond auto attack never occurred.

So I jumped on my engineer. Glass Cannon.  Same thing. Same enemy. No WvW rank.  His/her health bar got to the same low point then I did absolutely no further damage. 

We all know there are places people get their cheats and use them in WvW but this was a new one for me where the WvW rank was missing. And no I did not have it turned off. I'm every match up I have  nemeses and use wvw titles as part of how I know it is them when I fight.

Curious if anyone else had seen this? No wvw rank but something akin to God mode. 

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

• Jitters.9401 changed the title to New Hacks in WvW? Seen Something New
7 minutes ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Been trying a couple of new things since Anet nerfed my d/d d/d thief to hell and is no longer WvW viable. I only needed 2 stealth. Stealth on Heal and Stealth on Steal and now I have none.

Anyway. 

I was on my condition mesmer virtuoso (trying new stuff) and came across one. We fought. I was trouncing him and then suddenly he/or she stopped taking any damage. The enemy health bar stopped moving after a certain point. My combat log showed that any damage beyond auto attack never occurred.

So I jumped on my engineer. Glass Cannon.  Same thing. Same enemy. No WvW rank.  His/her health bar got to the same low point then I did absolutely no further damage. 

We all know there are places people get their cheats and use them in WvW but this was a new one for me where the WvW rank was missing. And no I did not have it turned off. I'm every match up I have  nemeses and use wvw titles as part of how I know it is them when I fight.

Curious if anyone else had seen this? No wvw rank but something akin to God mode. 

Sounds more like a bug to me than anything else...

There is a few weird things like this going on atm. Was it a thief? cuz i know how to be come invulnerable with a Thief. You stay invulnv till you dodge, jump, or use a skill.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Sounds more like a bug to me than anything else...

There is a few weird things like this going on atm. Was it a thief? cuz i know how to be come invulnerable with a Thief. You stay invulnv till you dodge, jump, or use a skill.

Willbender was the one I fought. 

I was thinking that something with whatever hack/trainer they used caused it to occur as a side effect.

As I mentioned. Both fights, the enemy health got to a certain point and then that was it. Their health bar didnt change anymore. But they were still able to hit me though, so they were definitely using skills. 

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Infinite rev dome 🙂 stoped counting at 10 mins

That rev didnt even had deamon traited to get +1 pip.

wait... for real???? we are not speaking about the visualbug, are we? i have had that a few times already! The bubble looks like its still there, but it will not stop projectiles.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

wait... for real???? we are not speaking about the visualbug, are we? i have had that a few times already! The bubble looks like its still there, but it will not stop projectiles.

Could be a vistual bug but don't think it was a bug,  player didnt used anything but the weird dome duration back and forth on the frontline absorving range skills, i was expecting skill usage and dome colapse but there wasnt any other skill used on that tablet just the perma dome absortion.

Now im wondering, since it possible to add skills to overlay bar etc. wonder if a well made overlay can use secondary legend skills w/o change of legend and wont use any energy since that legend is not up.....

EDIT: even my dome colapsed due energy burn out 5x while not using any skills and that dome kept perma up moving back and forth

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

Not sure about other specs, but core rev can easily keep the dome up permanently without corruption trait.

Also if a player would be able to manipulate energy, why wouldn't he be spamming skills instead of using illegitimate means (and risk getting banned) only for something that is possible with legit ways? Wouldn't make much sense.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

So someone managed to bug out a random trash mob in pve ... not the most conclusive example.

Nowadays, there is very little difference between a trash mob in pve, and a trash player in ranked PvP anyways.

Hacks don't exist, GW2 is coded in a Linux system.

20 minutes ago, lotus.5672 said:

Love all those hackusation topics with no videos or even screenshots. Makes it really believable and doesnt make you look like a clueless noob at all! 👍

Agreed, it's just good players being good and bad players being salty.

Let there be salt!

• Haha 2

On 7/19/2022 at 1:14 AM, Jitters.9401 said:

Anyway. 

I was duelling with someone in my guild hall a few days ago when suddenly he would get down to 1% health then take NO more damage.  He could stand there and let me load up all my burst and pound him and still no damage.   This is definitely a bug.   

I know he’s not hacking because it’s my alt account that I gave to my grandson.  😏

Edited by Some Call Me Tim.2319
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/19/2022 at 2:27 PM, Devas.8104 said:

Agreed, it's just good players being good and bad players being salty.

Let there be salt!

When I see a reply like yours I am pretty confident it is someone who exploits. Only people who cheat deny the existence of cheating.

I realized something in my combat logs. I wasn't doing any strike damage or any heavy condition damage. It was only the condition damage from my auto attack or from a trait that hit.

I fought this fellow twice to see if there was a difference between damage he was the recipient of, be it condition or strike.

And the "no ranking" being showed. I've only seen if a couple times now only on what I would deem as suspect after going through the combat logs.

My thought was in they were using a 3rd party program, something in that program is causing a glitch, or perhaps deliberately hides the ranking, in the attempt of providing anonymity to the user.

But that is just a theory. 

Edited by Jitters.9401

17 hours ago, Some Call Me Tim.2319 said:

I was duelling with someone in my guild hall a few days ago when suddenly he would get down to 1% health then take NO more damage.  He could stand there and let me load up all my burst and pound him and still no damage.   This is definitely a bug.   

I know he’s not hacking because it’s my alt account that I gave to my grandson.  😏

this!

there is some weird bugs around right now. For example invincibility Thief, or that your Aoe skills are all locked at max-range sometimes. Something is definitly off...

7 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

You aren't talking about shroud hp bug on specter by chance? Because that's just a visual bug (still very annoying tho and ridiculous that it hasn't been fixed yet).

xD nooooo:D i am NOT talking about that!  also that is not really bugged is it? you can see the shroud in the hp bar up top.

you can literally be invincible. people hitting you will get the "invulnerable" message. You can stay in enemy zergs and not take any damage. people will call cheats so fast, when in reality its mostly bugs that happen by accident.

Edited by Sahne.6950

53 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

xD nooooo:D i am NOT talking about that!  also that is not really bugged is it? you can see the shroud in the hp bar up top.

you can literally be invincible. people hitting you will get the "invulnerable" message. You can stay in enemy zergs and not take any damage. people will call cheats so fast, when in reality its mostly bugs that happen by accident.

WvW maps has some spots that will make that happen, there was just a big one outside red spawn in EBG map (between keep and red pawn), when there was a zerg spawn camping for minutes some of us would go to that place and sit on the floor arround a bonfire, ignoring the omni zerg spawncamping.

• Haha 1

On 19/07/2022 at 17:27, Devas.8104 said:

Hoje em dia, há muito pouca diferença entre um trash mob no pve, e um trash player no PvP ranqueado de qualquer maneira.

Hacks não existem, GW2 é codificado em um sistema Linux.

Concordo, são apenas bons jogadores sendo bons e maus jogadores sendo salgados.

Que haja sal!

https://youtu.be/dPwA-oSJnmY True

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2022 at 11:23 PM, Sahne.6950 said:

this!

there is some weird bugs around right now. For example invincibility Thief, or that your Aoe skills are all locked at max-range sometimes. Something is definitly off...

You know in the guild hall pvp arena there's an "invulnerability" option and that's what Tim was referring to, right?

OP, yes, I have seen that hack about 10 months ago, but it was on an engie, he was fighting 3 of us and we took his health down to 1% and it just auto filled right back up to 100% in like 2 secs, it was so smooth it just filled right back up, we dropped him again in about 5 secs down 1% and again it just auto refilled up to 100% and then we did again about 20 secs later and it did it again. I said forget it and left. Total hack. There are so many good players and there are a lot of times when people think its hacking and it isn't, but I can tell you that there are hacks just not as many as people think. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Crazy.6029 said:

OP, yes, I have seen that hack about 10 months ago, but it was on an engie, he was fighting 3 of us and we took his health down to 1% and it just auto filled right back up to 100% in like 2 secs, it was so smooth it just filled right back up, we dropped him again in about 5 secs down 1% and again it just auto refilled up to 100% and then we did again about 20 secs later and it did it again. I said forget it and left. Total hack. There are so many good players and there are a lot of times when people think its hacking and it isn't, but I can tell you that there are hacks just not as many as people think. 

It wasn't this?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A.E.D.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Automated_Medical_Response

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crazy.6029 said:

Something similar happened to me. Got finished, immediately rezzed to full hp.

I think the orge chieftan on ebg revived me at the camp.

Lol, not even close on the AMR. 🙂  Thats a funny though.  I've only seen that one , one time and one time only, but when OP brought it up , it was no doubt the same hack. I honestly thought that it might have been like an Anet employee or something that was out testing something, and they might have some way to have themselves unkillable while they do it, otherwise they would just keep dying and respawn. /shrug. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1