Put mechs F skills back please

SoulGuardian.6203

The last update nerfed the mechs F commands because some cry babys decided it was too powerful. 

Why do the other F skills automatically recharge after using one F skill?

I feel it's unecessary, and it's just very frustrating in combat.

ANet has to please stop nerfing everything because a few cry babys says so.

This nerf was really unecessary. 

Furthermore, mechs are already nerfed because their F Utility Skills are non existent. 

When mech flies off, you don't gain anything like the other Engie ES have or even core can be better than mech.

Thanks for your consideration. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

I think you might be confused about what the "f skills going on recharge" is about.

It was not about nerfing the mech. It's a QoL change for the mechanist. If you gave your mech a command with a cast time, the mech would first complete this command before being able to perform another. Which meant that even if you pressed the button of another command, it didn't register until the mech completed the previous command.

Especially on attacks with a long cast time, like the jade cannon from the elite signet, this was REALLY annoying. You just had to keep spamming the new command to get it through right after the jade cannon attack finished.

With the f skills going on "recharge", you now can directly see on the display when your mech has finished the previous command and is available for another input. This is an improvement. I don't have to spam F1 to get my command through, I can just look at the recharge to see when my mech will be able to perform this attack and then just press F1 once for it to do my bidding.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I think you might be confused about what the "f skills going on recharge" is about.

It was not about nerfing the mech. It's a QoL change for the mechanist. If you gave your mech a command with a cast time, the mech would first complete this command before being able to perform another. Which meant that even if you pressed the button of another command, it didn't register until the mech completed the previous command.

Especially on attacks with a long cast time, like the jade cannon from the elite signet, this was REALLY annoying. You just had to keep spamming the new command to get it through right after the jade cannon attack finished.

With the f skills going on "recharge", you now can directly see on the display when your mech has finished the previous command and is available for another input. This is an improvement. I don't have to spam F1 to get my command through, I can just look at the recharge to see when my mech will be able to perform this attack and then just press F1 once for it to do my bidding.

Fair do.

But couldn’t the commands be queued , so the mech would execute them in the order that you pressed, as long as it has a target?

If target dies while executing an order, it would cancel the remaining ones, until you press them again.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203

2 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Good point.

Fair enough.

But couldn’t the commands be queued , so the mech would execute them in the order that you pressed, as long as it has a target?

If target dies while executing an order, it would cancel the remaining ones, until you press them again.

They said they were working on making ranger and mechanist pet skills able to auto cast off cooldown instead of making them queueable. Or maybe they will also make them queueable too, I don't know yet. What they said was they were going to enable a toggle on pet skills that will make the pet cast it whenever its available

Edited by Aravind.9610

11 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

The last update nerfed the mechs F commands because some cry babys decided it was too powerful. 

ANet has to please stop nerfing everything because a few cry babys says so.

This nerf was really unecessary. 

The selective crybaby nerfcopter has been the key design principle for about a year now.

It is selective because:

- no amount of crybabying from you, the balance beneficiary, will get anything reconsidered (if you want an example, look no further than the June 28th catastrophe preview),

- only crybabying from Guardian mains is accepted.

3 hours ago, Aravind.9610 said:

They said they were working on making ranger and mechanist pet skills able to auto cast off cooldown instead of making them queueable. Or maybe they will also make them queueable too, I don't know yet. What they said was they were going to enable a toggle on pet skills that will make the pet cast it whenever its available

They said a lot of things. Where is the WvW alliance system? How long has it been?

12 hours ago, Devas.8104 said:

- only crybabying from Guardian mains is accepted.

and this is why they are consistently nerfed in nearly every balance patch for nearly 10 years now 🙂

To the thread - yeah, this ain;t rechanrge as others have said, it is indication that mech is performing other skill (or is stunned) which is extremely important to know when tight timings are concerned.