WvW ballance 19/7

Sansar.1302

3 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

No changes for WvW 😞

Come on plz harbinger and willbender is totaly ruining roaming/smal scale

at one point i had to understand, that in WvW just about anything is fair and square. You just have to deal with and use whatever is given to you.

they will NOT balance anything in WvW, unless it heavily impacts Largescale combat.

Personally speaking... you have to play whatever is countering the most popular builds.  I am running a Celestial Tempest atm, and i am shredding Harbinger no problemo.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

No changes for WvW 😞

ohhh also saying that willbender is ruining roaming.... huh?  I have yet to meet a strong Willbender in WvW.

The power Willbender is not even coming close to the strength of the pvp Willbender, simply because everyone and their dog is running something with toughness, be it Cele or minstrel or whatever.

And the Celewillbender.... it SUCCs. It only applies Burn. Should you have a steady flow of cleanses, there is no way a willbender can kill you.

I have not yet died to a willbender in WvW!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

at one point i had to understand, that in WvW just about anything is fair and square. You just have to deal with and use whatever is given to you.

they will NOT balance anything in WvW, unless it heavily impacts Largescale combat.

Personally speaking... you have to play whatever is countering the most popular builds.  I am running a Celestial Tempest atm, and i am shredding Harbinger no problemo.

So and why they nerfed then thief in WvW heavy over all these years? Cele atm is broken.

Edited by Leolas.6273
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Like I said in other thread, every change for pvp should be done in wvw aswell. And that is counting retroactive.

Such a BS that wvw is always filled with degenerate garbage. 

while i somewhat agree, that WvW should receive some balancing... you also have to understand that WvW and pvp are COMPLETLY diffrent setting.

For example powerwillbender is pretty d00d00 in wvw.. whereas it was dominatiing in pvp. 

conclusion? we nerf it in WvW aswell?  

you see where im going i guess..^^

if anything they have to gut Cele and gut minstrel. One is plagueing roaming, and the otherone is turning Largescale into a "Stack and Slack-boonball-fiesta".

Cele: Simply holds to many defensive stats. A fight cele vs cele will almost always end in a endless stalemate.... and when 50% of people run cele... it gets boring rather fast.

Minstrel: The supports and therefore the whole zerg are way to tanky and the boonvomit is unreal. Supports should be forced to make a decision between those 3 things: Tankyness-Healingoutput-Boonuptime. They should NOT be able to have all 3 within a single statset. it creates lame and slow gameplay.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sahne.6950 said:

while i somewhat agree, that WvW should receive some balancing... you also have to understand that WvW and pvp are COMPLETLY diffrent setting.

For example powerwillbender is pretty d00d00 in wvw.. whereas it was dominatiing in pvp. 

conclusion? we nerf it in WvW aswell?  

you see where im going i guess..^^

Power wb is pretty what?

There's more to wvw than blobing. 

The problems that affect pvp also affect wvw.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Power wb is pretty what?

There's more to wvw than blobing. 

The problems that affect pvp also affect wvw.

i only roam. i avoid zergs like the plague.

Powerwillbender is pretty garbage compared to powerwillywonka in pvp. Thats because almost everyone is rocking toughness in WvW roaming. Willbender not being able to burst people in WvW like they can in pvp, reveals alot of the classes weaknesses.

I, to this day, have NOT been killed by a willbender in WvW. Mainly because im abusing celestial like theres no other set available. Celerenegade,CeleFB,CeleScrapper,CeleTempest,Celeweaver,CeleDaredevil,Celeboonbeast, Celemirage,Celevirtuoso.... you name it....

Most willbenders will then gravitate towards the CeleWB. But i find that even worse, because your literally not going to kill anyone that knows how to cleanse when your only condition is burn.

Right of the bat there come atleast 15 builds in my mind that perform WAYYY Better than any WB will in WvW roaming or smallscale.

Willbender is not bad... but there is builds performing on a whole nother level.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i only roam. i avoid zergs like the plague.

Powerwillbender is pretty garbage compared to powerwillywonka in pvp. Thats because almost everyone is rocking toughness in WvW roaming. Willbender not being able to burst people in WvW like they can in pvp, reveals alot of the classes weaknesses.

I, to this day, have NOT been killed by a willbender in WvW. Mainly because im abusing celestial like theres no other set available. Celerenegade,CeleFB,CeleScrapper,CeleTempest,Celeweaver,CeleDaredevil,Celeboonbeast, Celemirage,Celevirtuoso.... you name it....

Most willbenders will then gravitate towards the CeleWB. But i find that even worse, because your literally not going to kill anyone that knows how to cleanse when your only condition is burn.

Right of the bat there come atleast 15 builds in my mind that perform WAYYY Better than any WB will in WvW roaming or smallscale.

Willbender is not bad... but there is builds performing on a whole nother level.

You could have just written "I play celestial". 

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

It isn't just that, in conquest you can target whoever and port through walls to get players off your back. Then port back as soon as you got your whatever CD back.

In wvw its just flat ground for nearly all of it, usually without anyone to port to in order to escape/kite. Anyone you could port to is usually chasing you.

Now, if the ports would let you just port ahead without a target... Or if you somehow had the DH trapper stealth access... We'd have a different discussion. Its nuke potential is definitely up there with OWP SB. Or imagine resistance still worked vs condi... you'd have a chance running a power + supports mixup in smallscale with aoe dmg like what WB brings to the table.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

No changes for WvW 😞

Most likely it will have a difference balance than pve or pvp .

They have to first choose their class phylosophy in Octomber

PvP is curently the test subject

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940

6 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

In wvw its just flat ground for nearly all of it, usually without anyone to port to in order to escape/kite. Anyone you could port to is usually chasing you.

There is an option to view Ambient creatures name plates.
WvW is littered with these white/yellows you can target to get away.

16 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

No changes for WvW 😞

sPvP Willbender and WvW Willbender aren't the same.

Willbender in WvW is weaker than the sPvP one. There are much stronger classes than these for small scale/roaming but it's been popular to hyperfocus on Willbender (at least) just because of all the complaints coming from sPvP.

In Harb's case idk, I never play necro, only enough to learn what I needed to counter them. I don't get salty when I die to one, I build around it to counter it and play better.

Just keep learning and trying out different things. Nerfs in WvW aren't the answer, here.

Other classes just need buffs. If they nerf things even more in the upcoming patches I'm definitely done with this game, regardless of which class I'm playing (mostly rev/willbender for the dual swords) because they've already ruined other classes for me, like Warrior. A lot of us are just done with nerfs.

Edited by Arolandis.8360

8 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Stats are higher on wvw than pvp, some coef are higher on wvw than pvp, there is a higher selection of runes and sigils on wvw.
Conclusion: willbender is weaker on wvw than on pvp.
Go figure.

In WvW most power builds include more health, with other builds having toughness thrown in too (condi/celestial). We have a reinforcement buff for extra health and defense. Ascended -dmg% food is abundant. Every class has defensive traits and utilities they can utilize. Every class has access to more runes and sigils, not just Willbender.

So yes. It's balanced there.

2 hours ago, Arolandis.8360 said:

sPvP Willbender and WvW Willbender aren't the same.

Willbender in WvW is weaker than the sPvP one. There are much stronger classes than these for small scale/roaming but it's been popular to hyperfocus on Willbender (at least) just because of all the complaints coming from sPvP.

In Harb's case idk, I never play necro, only enough to learn what I needed to counter them. I don't get salty when I die to one, I build around it to counter it and play better.

Just keep learning and trying out different things. Nerfs in WvW aren't the answer, here.

Other classes just need buffs. If they nerf things even more in the upcoming patches I'm definitely done with this game, regardless of which class I'm playing (mostly rev/willbender for the dual swords) because they've already ruined other classes for me, like Warrior. A lot of us are just done with nerfs.

I find willbender in spvp to be relatively balanced but total broken in wvw smal scale

Edited by Sansar.1302
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Sansar.1302 said:

I find willbender in spvp to be relatively balanced but total broken in wvw smal scale

How so? What are they doing that thieves, holosmiths, fresh air weavers (the good ones anyway), heralds, rangers (even untamed), etc. aren't doing?

18 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

It also might be worth to mention that Righteous Instinct grants a 40% increase to Critical Chance in PvP whereas it’s only 25% in WvW.

If they’d treat Willbender in WvW like they did in PvP he might do a bit more damage and be less mobile.