Old World Boss Redesign

So far of the ones I've seen (Wurm and Svanir), my take is:

- Svanir is too much of an HP sponge, but I like that there's more movement in the fight

- Wurm seems fine on HP, but the phases are unnecessarily repetitive for the amount of them (IIRC, it had 3 add phases, I'd reduce it to 2 and it's prob better then)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

"the former glory" where it would take on average 2h to kill claw of jormag, and it virtually involving people actively leaving the map to go all the other bosses, while someone else is bashing on it?

There is time after that. When it was quite fast but you still needed to do mehanics. Now all the people just wait on hill to quickly put down the wall from behind and then in second phase boss can be killed just by dps near its leg. Two years ago we needed at least to protect the golems...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Flasterko.4087 said:

There is time after that. When it was quite fast but you still needed to do mehanics. Now all the people just wait on hill to quickly put down the wall from behind and then in second phase boss can be killed just by dps near its leg. Two years ago we needed at least to protect the golems...

ah so you want the rollback on powercreep, I see 😉

Have played since beta and have fallen in the habit of doing the WB. Just did the FE and can't count the number of downs. I won't be back again. It's assured destruction now. Will try the others but probably will just quit at this point. Vanilla was one of the best games I ever played. HoT was a hell simulator. Never went there except for pets. No real interest in the game anymore: just one bad decision after another.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Tried another and I'm outta here. It's the same old Anet. Death is assured not through bad play but simply through the decision to enter combat. It's like the old Orr at penitent you get hit for 24k out of the blue by a chicken no tell no way to avoid--you simply erred by entering combat. I've had enough of this, I like games that require skill not players to revive you. Have fun with it guys.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

i have the game windowed (ant size) + all on ultralow and subsample 😂

While have everything else on ultra low and sub sample enabled may help, having player model limit reduced will provide the greatest performance boost. Turning off shadows and reflections would be the next performance boost if they were enabled. 

If you’re still getting 4-8 fps after all of that then it’s a hardware issue. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

i have the game windowed (ant size) + all on ultralow and subsample 😂

Unless you have a really, really weak graphics card, the resolution the game runs in won't affect performance too much. if it all. The big bottleneck in fights with many players around is the CPU. And the CPU load is heavily affected by the numbers of players drawn and/or whether you display their actual gear or use standard models. With my decently powerful modern CPU I keep character model limit on "low" and model quality on "lowest" to have a smooth-ish experience.

If you didn't already do it, try if your fps gets worse when running in fullscreen on native resolution. You may be CPU limited but maybe you can "enjoy" the 8 fps in fullscreen and native resolution at least 😄

• Like 2