End of Dragons story chapter Empty instance not working [Merged]

If you scroll down on the Twitter feed over on the right you'll see the following was posted there about 16 hours ago:

The End of Dragons story chapter "Empty" has been temporarily disabled so that we can address an issue. We’ll re-enable the chapter after the issue has been corrected.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Grizzly UK.1209 said:

If you scroll down on the Twitter feed over on the right you'll see the following was posted there about 16 hours ago:

Not everyone uses Twitter though and some even have blocked the ugliness on the right side. It'd be nice, if Arenanet finally started posting such statements on the forums first. The forums should always be the primary way to tell players about such things.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Not everyone uses Twitter though and some even have blocked the ugliness on the right side. It'd be nice, if Arenanet finally started posting such statements on the forums first. The forums should always be the primary way to tell players about such things.

True, but not all players use the forums either... i think we need some warning system ingame.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GODh.3892 said:

True, but not all players use the forums either... i think we need some warning system ingame.

Yet the forums are an official source of information. Anti-social media are not.

Arenanet should also put a sticky on the launcher to inform people.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2

Just wondering...who decided that the forums are the only 'official source of information'?  Pretty sure it wasn't ArenaNet, as they have 'official' Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc. feeds, as well. 

Besides, just about anything that's posted elsewhere makes it to the forum in record time, so who really cares who posts the information, as long as those reading the forum get it?

43 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Just wondering...who decided that the forums are the only 'official source of information'?  Pretty sure it wasn't ArenaNet, as they have 'official' Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc. feeds, as well. 

Besides, just about anything that's posted elsewhere makes it to the forum in record time, so who really cares who posts the information, as long as those reading the forum get it?

The forums are a feature directly provided from Arenanet, so it hardly gets more official.

Arenanet just needs to kick themselves in the bacon and properly take care of them. But I doubt they care enough about communicating with players to ever make that happen.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Absolutely agree, I was merely posting the info and included the source so as to inform the OP, and anyone else who wasn't aware, of what was happening. The only reason I even knew about it in the first place was simply because I'd previously noticed that bit of info in the Twitter feed so I simply figured I'd repost it to help get the info out to more players. *shrug*

• Like 2

Hi there, I'm getting the following error messages when trying to replay the "Empty" episode:

After first try:
Unable to complete the operation (permission denied). (Code=49:5:37:3123:101)

After second try:
InstanceCreate failed. Error=1036; Product=9; Module=18

Not sure if it's related to the bug - but I can't get rid of the Holo Scrambler effect, even when exiting the current story (chat code: [&BhUGAQA=])

Edited by Nilsibus.8132

Looks like they intentionally disabled it while working on a fix for this chapter:

The End of Dragons story chapter "Empty" has been temporarily disabled so that we can address an issue. We’ll re-enable the chapter after the issue has been corrected.

- Guild Wars 2 on Twitter, 19 July 2022

• Like 1

Yeah, seems like the whole instance was removed temporarily, which actually blocks people from finishing the story and moving forward with EoD content, which is sad. I wonder why there are no mentions of this whatsoever (maybe I am looking in wrong places).

What can possibly happen there to force Anet to disable the whole instance?

Currently getting bugs when trying to continue the end of dragons story. 
The first bug you encounter when you try to enter is 

"Unable to complete the operation (permission denied). (Code=49:5:37:3123:101)"

The second time I try to enter the quest I get 

InstanceCreate failed. Error=1036;Product=9;Module=18;Line=624

This was posted 2 days ago. I have not seen mention of it since.

They should probably say something. Even if it is just "we are sorry part of the main story needed to be disabled. we are still working on it".

(And please don't say they can remain silent because it is obvious they are still working on it. Of course they are. It is a matter of respecting your players, though. To mention it only one on Twitter post and nowhere else for days? Not a great look.)

Edited by Tanek.5983
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, GreatErebus.6271 said:

It would be cool if they had more useful error messaging in these types of cases where they are disabling something intentionally. 

Definitely. I can't think of another time part of the main story was disabled for this long. Other games, sure. Might be down for a week or more because of how they patch. ANet has spoiled us, though, and usually has things back up quickly. Which might also be why they are so bad at communicating around something like this. Very little practice.

1 hour ago, Tanek.5983 said:

Definitely. I can't think of another time part of the main story was disabled for this long. Other games, sure. Might be down for a week or more because of how they patch. ANet has spoiled us, though, and usually has things back up quickly. Which might also be why they are so bad at communicating around something like this. Very little practice.

They've only done this a few times in ten years. It means something serious is wrong, and they're likely more worried about addressing it than reassuring players.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

They've only done this a few times in ten years. It means something serious is wrong, and they're likely more worried about addressing it than reassuring players.

I do not doubt it is something serious for it to be taken down, especially for multiple days. Neither do I doubt they are working on it and want to have the story back up and running as much or more than we do.

That said, I suspect the people who work on the fix and the people who would communicate with the players do not overlap 100%. And in many cases, even when there is no specifically new information to provide, silence is more detrimental than a quick "we apologixe this chapter is still disabled" would be.

Edited by Tanek.5983
spelling