End of Dragons story chapter Empty instance not working [Merged]

From the new patch notes:

Fixed a server crash that occurred when entering the Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons chapter Empty.

I'm not certain that means it is enabled again? I mean, seems like it should be, but nothing specifically says that and there was no new tweet to clarify.

• Confused 2

14 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

From the new patch notes:

I'm not certain that means it is enabled again? I mean, seems like it should be, but nothing specifically says that and there was no new tweet to clarify.

I suspect there are multiple serious issues with this instance. The server crash they (allegedly) fixed likely is just one of many.

Edited by Fueki.4753

On 7/21/2022 at 12:20 PM, nusle.9417 said:

I wonder why there are no mentions of this whatsoever (maybe I am looking in wrong places).

Arenanet prefers to leave such notices on social media, instead of leaving them in the forums or the launcher.

Rather than bothering to inform us players themselves, they rely on players using said social media to distribute the information.

Or maybe they are simply delusional and fantasize that every single player uses social media.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Arenanet prefers to leave such notices on social media, instead of leaving them in the forums or the launcher.

Rather than bothering to inform us players themselves, they rely on players using said social media to distribute the information.

Or maybe they are simply delusional and fantasize that every single player uses social media.

Before you get the "but it's on the sidebar in here response" too - a lot of people's adblocks can block these widgets on the side that display twitter feeds. I can't even see a trace of it but I'll take people's word that it's there lol. I'd still rather an actual notice went up somewhere that isn't a twitter feed also used to promote other things.

FWIW I was able to play this instance last night. I logged on and was able to access it without issue unlike previous attempts so it may be worth checking if you're now able to get into it?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, talloran.1243 said:

Before you get the "but it's on the sidebar in here response" too - a lot of people's adblocks can block these widgets on the side that display twitter feeds. I can't even see a trace of it but I'll take people's word that it's there lol. I'd still rather an actual notice went up somewhere that isn't a twitter feed also used to promote other things.

If you somehow mistook my post as a defense of this behaviour, you were wrong. I despise it. I'm also one of the people who block that plug-in, because I loathe social media.

All I did was explain why we are unlikely to receive such information in the forums.

• Confused 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to End of Dragons story chapter Empty instance not working [Merged]
10 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If you somehow mistook my post as a defense of this behaviour, you were wrong. I despise it. I'm also one of the people who block that plug-in, because I loathe social media.

All I did was explain why we are unlikely to receive such information in the forums.

I absolutely didn't take it that way. I have it blocked and got that response from another user when I mentioned not seeing it on twitter. I was agreeing with you that twitter isn't a good place to have it as a lot of us simply don't use it and have those widgets blocked by default/choice.  I was simply stating before someone came in to go "but it's on the sidebar" that some of us don't have that sidebar.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...