Scourge "sandstorm shroud" area circle is yellow (same as enemy AOE)

Nrodavar.8920

If you take the "sandstorm shroud" trait which converts desert shroud, the UI color is confusing.  While manifest sand shades and other player effects are green circles, the timer sandstorm shrouds are yellow (the same color as enemy damage AOEs).    Please change sandstorm shrouds circle color to green or some other color that's not confused as enemy AOE.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

i think its more of a problem with enemies overall areas .

in ankka strike, there are many times i cant see any area at all, not just the full effects but the red, OH kitten I HAVE TO RUN, area, and in other instances with many effects, twin largos for example, its incredibly difficult to see some of the warnings.

I say this because i think making those warnings more visible, giving priority in the grafics(so even if arena efects like on ankka fight arent visible you can alleais see the areas), making enemy areas a brighter red and maybe thicker, would be the best option, i mean yeah it would be easyer to evade things but just because we will see those things better, also its true that in wvw its difficult to see wich areas or warr domes are yours or theirs, making enemy areas all red and aly areas all green (or maybe just the wvw option to do it, like a toggle) would be huge help, i have been in wvw recenty and many time there were people asking, this are ours or theirs? talking about domes and i was, mmmm it has a tiny little less yellow and more orange so i guess its theirs?

yeah thats the level XD

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

It's been a year and this is still a very big issue, 99% of our skills don't behave like this or look like this so I have no idea why is sandstorm shroud designed differently. Enemy aoes are also yellow and stack markers are green, it's next to impossible to discern which one it is if it's also being overlapped with our ability that you recast like every 15 seconds.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bringing this matter up again for Anet to consider changing the current VFX of this skill. 

I really enjoy playing heal alac scourge in instanced content. However, the yellow pulsing the visual effect from the sandstorm shroud skill is so bright it conceals other damaging AoE VFX, and I end up dead frequently due to this which is quite frustrating. It is also quite similar to a typical damaging AoEs which can be confusing. I hope Anet will consider making this change so I can enjoy playing my favourite build (Submitted this as a ticket a few hours ago)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, I've been spamming heal scourge since the alacrity rework and that's one of the main issues I have rn. I don't think changing the colour would change anything tho, the skill just needs to get a visual update, perhaps something similar to mech's pulsing barrier from mechanist, but more "sandy", to make it look more like an actual protective sandstorm and not just a yellow circle, especially since it now pulses out the barrier.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At same time get also rid of it from specter skill 5 in shroud , both are confusing , sometimes i don't even notice i have an aoe who will spawn on me while those skills are charging , i get that it's because they have an effect after the aoe is fully charge , but everybody knows the timing , so be better if only ennemies can see it and not your own character.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

GW2 is just bad with aoe in general, fight are always a mess and need lot of time to get used to it.
And yes, shroud that change color of your screen and this scourge trait can be very annoying.

Edited by Orack.4825