Cmon anet as if u released bladesworn with 0 stow.

Psycoprophet.8107

Real fun exploring cantha with all the npc bladeworns walking around with their gunblade stowed, who idea was it to not include this for ur players. Whoever it was should be spoken to by management. Devs please finish especs before releasing and pls add a stow to gunblade cuz its ridiculous that it was released without, especially given npc's are able to.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The coding for the npcs and the player are way different.

Gunsabre, for the players, is most likely coded as a weapon kit like the kits from engineer. Which, btw, also can't get stowed.
Which is not the case for the npcs, at least that is my guess. They have it as an actual part of their model.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If it is indeed a kit then it should have a 1s CD between equip and unequip like other weapon kits.

That something is coded as a kit does not necessarily mean that it needs to function exactly like these from the engineer.

Also making it have virtually no cd means that fast hands becomes pointless for bladesworn. Unless you also want to reintroduce weapon swap for it, which I guess you want as well. But this should come with nerfs, considering that bladesworn is already performing pretty well in PvE and PvP.

4 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lmao I seriously have 0 clue how anyone could find this thread confusing but ok. This is a game and devs exist that created it, regardless of coding etc it is possible to do if devs are competent and actually invest into polishing their game.

And devs already invested time into creating that stuff. It costed money and you are now asking them to basically start coding the gunsabre anew almost from scratch.... for a minor thing like being able to stow it, which the big majority of players might not even care about in the first place.

Anet is still a business, they still need to make money. I highly doubt that such a minor change (from the players perspective) is creating any kind of revenue for them to warrant the workload needed to do that.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Getting gunsaber with the 1s weapon kit CD would be a proper tradeoff for loosing weapon swap.

But as I said, then the trait fast hands does literally nothing for bladesworn. Completely disabling traits is usually something you want to avoid in elite spec design.

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

But as I said, then the trait fast hands does literally nothing for bladesworn. Completely disabling traits is usually something you want to avoid in elite spec design.

Many people complained about Fast Hands making Discipline mandatory for.

What Arenanet ended up doing, is releasing a specialization that gets nothing from Fast Hands, so Discipline wouldn't be mandatory for that specialization.

Apparently, that was easier than giving many people what they actually wanted: Fast Hands being baseline for Warrior.

17 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Cool. Makes it not mandatory for once.

It's just a shame that they made Discipline non-mandatory in the worst possible way.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

Kits are not the only example one can point to that is as unstowable as the Gunsaber. I just want to point out that Firebrand Tome pages are also unstowable, something that I wish would change so that in a competitive environment you could cancel skills as FB pages often have long animations and you may want to either bait your enemy with or adjust to the situation which often changes rapidly in PvP. And tomes certainly do not have a 1sec CD...

But I understand that the concern for the Gunsaber to be stowable is mainly a thematic or roleplay concern for the OP.