Defiance bar instructor

Hello everyone,

On the 19th of July, 2022 ArenaNet released Clockwork Chaos, bringing back episode 3 of LWS1, made minor changes to some of the professions,  improved the fractal instabilities and reworked the Core Tyria world bosses to their current design standards. This is what they wrote in the update notes:

Core Tyria World Boss Improvements

We've made updates and adjustments to each of the four starting zone world bosses. Our goal is to bring them closer to our current design standards by adding skill telegraphs and defiance bars, improving encounter mechanics, and rebalancing health pools to accommodate the power level of modern profession builds.

To me, it's always great to see ArenaNet go back and rework content that is years old, especially one that was released in 2012. Since then, they improved so many things, especially in 2014 with the 15th of April and the 9th of September Feature Packs. Why did I bring up these feature packs? Because in the second feature pack of 2014, they added a dodge roll instructor in each starting level to teach new players about this mechanic since it's so important.

Now that this update is adding defiance bars for world bosses, I believe now is the perfect time to add an instructor for breaking defiance bar. It would be better if we put a defiance bar instructor next to the dodge roll instructor so new players can learn how to dodge and break defiance bar. I know that this question has been asked before, but with the 19th of July, 2022 update I think it's necessary to teach new players how to break defiance bar.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

Absolutely a necessary thing the core world starting zones need tbh and it's clear Anet does know the importance of this because they added such trainers to EoD which is almost a decade into the story too late lol

Esp if players play the game front to back, which more stubborn players will do.

• Like 1

I'm aware that the defiance training mechs were introduced in End of Dragons, but that's no excuse to not put them in the Tyria zones. Core GW2 is free to play and every new player starts in those zones, therefore I see no reason for ArenaNet not to put a defiance instructor in each starting zone. If they want to, they can recycle the defiance training mech from EoD, put them in the vanilla zones and replace the mech with a golem.

Edited by Karras.2945
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Karras.2945 said:

It would be better if we put a defiance bar instructor next to the dodge roll instructor so new players can learn how to dodge and break defiance bar.

What are they going to do, put a rock on the ground and teach people to use intractables to CC? You're likely only going to have the first 2 or 3 weapon skills at that point (though if all the XP changes go through, you'll probably be level 10 instead of 4 at that point).

If they want an early level tutorial, they need a Queen's Gauntlet type place that offers superior leveling gear. Hero challenges for example should have been solo-only adventure-like events that were specifically designed as tests/tutorials.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

Esp if players play the game front to back, which more stubborn players will do.

Literally every new character for me XD

"I wanna play End of Dragons again, lets start a new character and play through the entire game, 2 expansions and 5 living world seasons so I can do that" 😄

25 minutes ago, Healix.5819 said:

What are they going to do, put a rock on the ground and teach people to use intractables to CC? You're likely only going to have the first 2 or 3 weapon skills at that point (though if all the XP changes go through, you'll probably be level 10 instead of 4 at that point).

Even if they do something like that, it's still something to teach new players about the defiance bar and how to break it. Besides, not too long ago they added how much defiance break certain weapon and utility skills do in their tooltips, just to help new players figure out which weapon and utility skill deals CC.

Edited by Karras.2945
  • Confused 1