Leveling Data Gathering

I really like the leveling

So i keep running it in different ways

Like, leveling by completing each map fully I usually run all the lower level maps available

This method took about 30 hours, no mount running guardian, not the fast class in the game

Now I'm leveling by just running, i run get poi, vista, wp and do the events i come across, no hearts, the only hearts i've completed were done while doing an event

Level 21 right now, so far I'm leveling at the same pace as the first method, difference is that this time i go to a higher level map as soon as i can. If I die too much i go back to a lower level map.

Does anyone else like this kind of content?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

First thing I do when creating a new character is consume a birthday scroll and 20+ tomes of knowledge then go to the wvw heroics vendor and buy all my hero points.

I leveled my fair share of characters (1+ of each class) the regular way, and I do enjoy map completion but I'd rather do it these days as on overpowered level 80 with legendary gear and elite spec than go through the vanilla gear and skill treadmil each time.

• Like 5

I enjoy levelling as well, although I've never done themed runs, other than role-playing or attempting various forms of perma-death challenges. Mostly I just like wandering around and seeing what I find, although I often do avoid using mounts because I notice more when I'm going slower.

• Like 4

I enjoy levelling - especially the first few levels where it goes really quickly. However I have so many exp scrolls and tomes of knowledge (a few stacks) that I rarely level manually anymore - may as well spend that time doing something else, or doing map completion on a character.

2 hours ago, Esquilax.3491 said:

First thing I do when creating a new character is consume a birthday scroll and 20+ tomes of knowledge then go to the wvw heroics vendor and buy all my hero points.

I leveled my fair share of characters (1+ of each class) the regular way, and I do enjoy map completion but I'd rather do it these days as on overpowered level 80 with legendary gear and elite spec than go through the vanilla gear and skill treadmil each time.

This. Very much this. For a  long time I enjoyed leveling up new alts and have done it 20-25 times. These days though, I'll just level a new alt up to 80 using a birthday scroll and tomes of knowledge, then use the WvW heroics vendor to max out whichever elite spec I want to use. Map completion is a relaxing game mode for me and it's even more relaxing when I do it on a level 80 alt geared up with legendary equipment.

• Like 2

I do weird stuff like that too.

I levelled a character with the intent to see how much of the word complete I could get to before it reached lvl 80. I made it past 80% Tyria map complete.

I have also levelled  characters by doing all the hearts last, all the hears first and even only using a warclaw.

I even bought a new account to remind me what it's like to do the whole thing again with no help from mounts etc.

EDIT: for clarification

Edited by MrGarlic.1834
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrGarlic.1834 said:

I do weird stuff like that too.

I levelled a character with the intent to see how much of the word complete I could get to before it reached lvl 80. I made it past 80% Tyria map complete.

I have also levelled  characters by doing all the hearts last, all the hears first and even only using a warclaw.

I even bought a new account to remind me what it's like to do the whole thing again with no help from mounts etc.

EDIT: for clarification

Yes, i'm runnin all this f2p style

To see how it goes

So far all methods level you to nearly level 20 first 3 hours than 2.5 level/hour average

Class also matters specially now that i just use taco and follow the trail till mobs are too strong and they gonna kill me in 2, 3 hits

Right now i'm playing engi, fairly mobile with perma swiftness and rocket boots and rifle jump, but if you play necromancer the best you'll get is a perma swiftness

I think warrior, ranger, thief and elementalist are the best when it comes to mobility

Engi is a great pick when maps have a lot of water because rocket boots don't share cds over/underwater so you can use double rocket boots over/underwater and immediatly use double rocket boots again if you swap enviroment

Last time i had this idea I started struggling a lot around level 50, I'd have all lower levels maps completed and didn't have any option to swap maps to keep going. That's why I made the decision to immediatly go to a higher level map when i can, so I always have the option to comeback if I need more levels, also the objectives in lower level maps start filling up you xp bar less and less higher is the gap between your current level and map level.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1