Where are the NA servers located now?

Australia has terrible internet connections, probably why WE dont have an OCE server in Australia.

Fibre to the node... 33%

Fibre to the premise... 19%

Hybrid fibre coaxil... 23%

There are a mix of connections (some not mentioned)... the only one that is good is Fibre to the premise which is only 19% of the Australian population.

Anyway... I wish Australia/OCE had its own servers as 200+ ping is unbearable.

On the up side... us OCE players are populating the US servers.

☺️

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lanfear De Noir.9127 said:

Australia has terrible internet connections, probably why WE dont have an OCE server in Australia.

The international connections would be fiber optics or possibly something better.

The reason there is no separate server is simply due to not having enough people. That is fixable but it will be expensive and requires at least another 10 years. Maybe a bit of roleplaying as rabbits.

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2022 at 10:55 PM, Dante.1508 said:

Ping wont change on any internet type because you are in the same physical area.. Ping is your house to the servers and back again..

Me being in Australia my Ping is at best 250 milliseconds to and from the server.. nothing will ever change that unless servers move or i move.. my real GW2 ping is more like 260ms-280ms.. daily..

Even a change of faster server nodes wont change it..

Somewhat true. However,

Server is in Virginia

Someone with Dial up type internet in NYC will have worse connection(ping) than someone in Austin TX with Lightning Fast 5G all the fancy terms Xfinity/Fios/etc. 1000 upload 10,000 downoad speed.

Edited by uberkingkong.8041

If they add a SEA/OCX combined server it could work. There's not enough Australians and New Zealanders who play this game to make their own server worth the cost, but there's alot of Asians, and even a SEA server would drop the ping of Australian players by over 100ms to about the 150ms range, which is quite good.

Of course you would have to deal with mixed languages, but that already happens for Europeans.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Confused 1