Revenant Buff

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

vindicator is surprisingly still in a pretty okayish spot... like i said earlier. The sole fact that you play Vindicator will NOT carry you anymore. You need to actually play good.

That part is fun since "okayish" means "not even the top Rev players in the world can make Vindi work in tournaments anymore". Which was expected since the class design was bad overall and only stayed meta due the unbalanced raw numbers it carried.

Now that no longer has heals (as the Firebrand) and no longer has vigor to perform his single evade which costs 100 endurance and remains shocked and static in the floor as a mutilated war veteran which has lost both legs due a landmine it can be deployed in the trash can that always belonged.

Anyway: I don't agree with the topic. Rev doesn't need buffs. ANet nerfed Renebow due it farmed EoD specs and power Herald was bad at the EoD condi meta...   Until Willbender nerfs made the guardian spec worse than Herald again. But power Herald is just boring after so much time and nerfs, so I'll advice to run condi Herald or just rerroll class.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Can you please just play a diffrent profession?

Revenant is harder to play than most classes since you have to manage energy AND cooldowns.

You on the other hand are stunbreaking 1 second dazes and then whine in the forum that you have no energy and that the class sucks.... 

Please for the sake of it... go ahead and play warrior for a few hours... or try and make a elebuild work outside of Tempest..... you will suddenly feel happy with the performance of revenant.

the 16 "confused" on your OP should have been an eye opener.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Can you please just play a diffrent profession?

Revenant is harder to play than most classes since you have to manage energy AND cooldowns.

You on the other hand are stunbreaking 1 second dazes and then whine in the forum that you have no energy and that the class sucks....

the 16 "confused" on your OP should have been an eye opener.

It means absolutely nothing, guaranteed the people that react to posts are typically not the people playing the class. Just as I would guess alot of people who post are the same case. The fact of the matter remains, the class is lacking compared to other classes currently. It does not matter if 'yeah well you can still be ok at best if you play like a tournament winner.' That's not what defines balance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

6 minutes ago, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

It means absolutely nothing, guaranteed the people that react to posts are typically not the people playing the class. Just as I would guess alot of people who post are the same case. The fact of the matter remains, the class is lacking compared to other classes currently. It does not matter if 'yeah well you can still be ok at best if you play like a tournament winner.' That's not what defines balance.

are you aware that revenant is in a far better state than alot of other classes currently?

what spec are we specifially speaking about? the membattle renegade build succs... thats no secret. But Herald has a solid spot in this meta currently. Vindicator is also not dead by any means. Condiherald also works. SupportVindicator is heavily underrated imo! There is a few builds available to revenant that work pretty well! Any elementalist or Warrior can only dream about having so many viable builds.... HECK not even necro has so many potential builds.... yet here you are demanding a complete class rework.

you should consider if the real problem is sitting infront of the screen.

If someone is farming confused like you are in the last few days.... that might actually mean something.

Edited by Sahne.6950

are you aware that revenant is in a far better state than alot of other classes currently?

If someone is farming confused like you are in the last few days.... that might actually mean something.

Wow I wasnt aware of that, because it isnt an accurate statement. Oddly enough most people try to play some kind of borderline when talking about it too, saying that well its still good for extreme competitors. Why? why is it that so many people tend to believe the class can only work in a high skill scene? Maybe because they are able to rely on a team to carry them? Hard to say, but doesnt it seem off that there is some kind of gatekeeping going on, even from the development side, like they enjoy having a class that you have to try twice as hard to do less overall. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Twice as hard xD please go play ele.... 

You do NOT have to be a pro, but you need to have a good understanding of the class.

No one said anything about the class only being viable in the hands of a pro. But you need a certain skillevel to performance well. This holds true for herald ans vindicator. Apparently you do not match this skillevel,thus you think the class is Bad. Which it just outright isnt. 

When you are speaking about balance you should always refer to a specific build. Saying that a whole profession is kitten wont lead anywhere. 

ele is easier then ever with the new spec available, and is more able to bunker than a vindi than ever. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

Power Revs need 3x the damage, makes no kittenen sense when Harb and Willbender can easily delete a bunker by themselves and Anet thinks is ok, while when it takes 2 power revs to take down a bunker Anet deletes it

In fact no just power revs, all melee power specs needs a massive buff, the condi meta is toxic as kitten for the past 2-3 years

Edited by crepuscular.9047
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

4 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

Idk, I'd rather fight harbs than braindead bladesworns. OP should make one

Yes Harb isn't even that insane anymore, but OP has already confirmed that they are specifically looking for Rev to get broken tools on par with pre-nerf Cope-elixir and BS shout/TR/MMR sustain.

I repeat, OP is not looking to address some sort of "weakness" with Rev, they specifically want Rev to be overpowered so they don't have to try as hard.

Edited by GeneralBM.5781
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

Yes Harb isn't even that insane anymore, but OP has already confirmed that they are specifically looking for Rev to get broken tools on par with pre-nerf Cope-elixir and BS shout/TR/MMR sustain.

I repeat, OP is not looking to address some sort of "weakness" with Rev, they specifically want Rev to be overpowered so they don't have to try as hard.

I dont believe that was mentioned anywhere, and I disagree. How often do you play revenant specifically in PvP? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Herald is... honestly fine. It got outclassed by WB for a while, but they just toned WB down, and they gave it quickness. It's only enough to land one skill before it runs out, but that's fine for herald's hit and run playstyle. 

I would not be upset if they gave renegade a buff though. And I still think Staff 5 shouldn't root you in place because it feels awful to use. Still a perfectly good skill to be clear, just clunky and unsatisfying. 

On 7/3/2022 at 7:02 PM, SoulBlaze.3059 said:
On 7/3/2022 at 6:59 PM, GeneralBM.5781 said:

Bingo, Glad we finally got to the root of your argument 🙂

It was never a question of hard matchups you wanted to get more consistent at, or how the meta can change depending on PvP ranking, but rather a plea for more broken tools so you could unga just as much as you claim everyone else does.

As this is the case, pls proceed playing your Necro, you'll be in good company among other Meta bandwagoners

This has always been my point, im not arguing that the class is generally weak, im arguing that it cannot stack up to what is currently being run. Thats why I said we can talk numbers all day, but when you see how it performs in comparison, it doesnt make sense. 

^This was one of the last interactions we had in one of your many "Buff Revenant" threads you've sprinkled throughout this forum. Again, you are not arguing to address a weakness in Rev, you want to unga like the flavor-of-the-month meta picks.

As for this,

1 hour ago, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

How often do you play revenant specifically in PvP? 

Been pvp'ing with Rev since like 2018. What's your point?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Vindicator was slightly overnerfed, but Rev as a whole doesn't really need any buffs right now. Herald is in a good spot this meta.

The main thing I would do is buff Vassals of the Empire, or to be specific, FIX Vassals of the Empire so that it benefits Song of Arboreum. Right now these traits are bugged  and SoA procs a microsecond just before VotE procs, which means SoA does not gain the boon duration increase benefit from VotE. This has been borked since beta.

The nerfs on the healing skills CD should also arguably be reverted. Pre Nerf VInd was already in a state where playing Shiro/Jalis Vind had benefits over Alliance stance. Now Alliance stance just flat out sucks.

Core Rev traits are fine and need no buffs.

Herald definitely does not need any buffs.

You could also argue for buffing renegade traits, but no one cares.

Edited by Master Ketsu.4569
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

Vindicator was slightly overnerfed, but Rev as a whole doesn't really need any buffs right now. Herald is in a good spot this meta.

The main thing I would do is buff Vassals of the Empire, or to be specific, FIX Vassals of the Empire so that it benefits Song of Arboreum. Right now these traits are bugged  and SoA procs a microsecond just before VotE procs, which means SoA does not gain the boon duration increase benefit from VotE. This has been borked since beta.

The nerfs on the healing skills CD should also arguably be reverted. Pre Nerf VInd was already in a state where playing Shiro/Jalis Vind had benefits over Alliance stance. Now Alliance stance just flat out sucks.

Core Rev traits are fine and need no buffs.

Herald definitely does not need any buffs.

You could also argue for buffing renegade traits, but no one cares.

I disagree, revenant as a whole, regardless of spec chosen, is outclassed in most aspects. Herald has terrible DPS capability in comparison especially considering the warrior buffs inbound. It has been made into a team buffing class which it also does fairly poorly due to its inability to stay alive because ANet decided it shouldnt be able to tank much anymore, not to mention a general lack of cleanse unless you have staff at the ready. Herald is first to get targeted in most fights because it is beyond squishy currently thus making it a waste of time as a team buffer or healer of any kind, Where as ele can provide an immense amount of healing while also being very difficult to kill without a stack and guardian can give buffs all day while being tanky and having continuous block. Herald does not have survivability anymore and will lose most duels. Renegade on the other hand does generally ok DPS, but does not have the survivability to withstand most bursts, and rev in general does not have enough antistun or gap distancing to play ranged glasscannons effectively. Not to mention that their condition damage is well outclassed by other classes that are twice as hard to kill due to higher health pools and evasion skills. Core rev is practically unheard of as it brings nothing of any use to the field. Vindicator is still usable as a duelist, but is generally too weak to be of any use in a teamfight and is only capable as a sidenoder in which you have to be extremely careful as most of their good movement abilities are for closing on a target and not evading. The class regardless of spec is lacking currently, most of the individuals who disagree do not play the class and do not realize how much it is hurting in the current meta. It does not matter what spec you choose, someone does your job twice as well with another class. The vindi nerf was uncalled for as it was a somewhat viable teamfighter beforehand. other specs have always been somewhat lacking due to the way rev abilities rely on class resource.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

20 hours ago, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

I disagree, revenant as a whole, regardless of spec chosen, is outclassed in most aspects. Herald has terrible DPS capability in comparison especially considering the warrior buffs inbound. It has been made into a team buffing class which it also does fairly poorly due to its inability to stay alive because ANet decided it shouldnt be able to tank much anymore, not to mention a general lack of cleanse unless you have staff at the ready. Herald is first to get targeted in most fights because it is beyond squishy currently thus making it a waste of time as a team buffer or healer of any kind, Where as ele can provide an immense amount of healing while also being very difficult to kill without a stack and guardian can give buffs all day while being tanky and having continuous block. Herald does not have survivability anymore and will lose most duels. Renegade on the other hand does generally ok DPS, but does not have the survivability to withstand most bursts, and rev in general does not have enough antistun or gap distancing to play ranged glasscannons effectively. Not to mention that their condition damage is well outclassed by other classes that are twice as hard to kill due to higher health pools and evasion skills. Core rev is practically unheard of as it brings nothing of any use to the field. Vindicator is still usable as a duelist, but is generally too weak to be of any use in a teamfight and is only capable as a sidenoder in which you have to be extremely careful as most of their good movement abilities are for closing on a target and not evading. The class regardless of spec is lacking currently, most of the individuals who disagree do not play the class and do not realize how much it is hurting in the current meta. It does not matter what spec you choose, someone does your job twice as well with another class. The vindi nerf was uncalled for as it was a somewhat viable teamfighter beforehand. other specs have always been somewhat lacking due to the way rev abilities rely on class resource.

Your first 4 posts have !!!44 Confused!!! already... at some point you have to wake up and ask yourself.... why?

I am not trying to be rude, i am trying to open your eyes, that you can maybe see what you are doing here currently and why you receive so much negative feedback. Just have a good read and think about it.

------------------------------------------------------Status Report----------------------------------------------------------

Day 9:

-Soulblaze is still trying to get Revenant buffed.

-He is still farming confused with every single post... but still doesnt seem to get, that the way he is going about his thread, wont lead anywhere.

-The reasonings become wilder and wilder.

Examples:

Herald cant win 1vs1s... well guess what.. thats not what hes supposed to do... its a +1er....    (That makes just about as much sense as saying Supporttempest is kitten cuz it cant win 1vs1s)

Herald has horrible dps... in comparison to upcoming warriorbuffs!?!?!? WHAT!? (dont let this hear any warrior main!) But Renegade dps is ok!?!? WHAAAT!? anyone reading this will think that the real problem is sitting infront of your PC.... because Herald has literally one of the highest spike dps in pvp.

you cant even play herald as teambuffer/ healer because of ele hurr durrrr.... <---- I dont even know whats happening anymore😂

Vindicator is still useless in midfight..... well...... its a sidenoder....

bunkicator nerf was unjustified ....because....... (this part is extra funny!) it was a somewhat viable midfighter..... like... what!?  are you reading what your are typing? "nerf was unjustified, because it was a viable midfighter"!? BRUH, that is no reasoning for what you said AT ALL....

---------------------------------------------------------End of Report-----------------------------------------------------------

are you even reading what you are producing here!? XD

If you would say, that Renegade needs a buff, probably everyone would agree with you. But you are speaking about the revenantclass as a whole being kitten... which it just outright isnt. You only have 1 build in the meta currently... Herald.... thats right... but there is classes like Mesmer that have not even smelled a glimps of  "being meta" ,with any of its specs ,since shortly after the release of PoF.  Just saying.

Herald is literally vibing in the meta longer than you are playing this game. It only got kicked off the "+1er-throne" by WB for like 2 months after EoD release(dont worry during that phase bunkicator was literally the strongest sidenoder)... but now its right back up there! Revenant has a spot in the meta with atleast 1 build FOR YEARS!

I really dont want to appear rude or something. But at some point you have to understand that the way you are going about your Thread just wont lead anywhere. You have to speak about specific builds and why they are lacking. You have to give ideas what could be improved and then discuss those things. Thats normally how constructive Threads work. You on the other hand call a whole profession garbage, without giving ANY ideas what could be improved. You just go: "Revenant p00p00! full rework it😡!"

The devs are not reading this, they dont hear your complaints here. The only thing you can do in this forum is discuss your ideas with other people and maybe people have ways to help you with your problems. If you would give ANY input to what could be improved, that would already be a HUUGE step forward in terms of Quality of this thread, and peopel could discuss with you.... but your just QQing and making claims that show that you actually have very little knowledge. The way your going about this whole thing doesnt leave any room for constructive discussions.

For example: Just look at @Master Ketsu.4569s post.

He is making examples of what could be changed and why. He is trying to bring a tiny bit of constructive ideas and discussions into this thread. He is literally talking about ways to buff Revenant.... He is talking about things that are not working properly and how fixing those things could improve the revenant class...

And your just like: (i am literally quoting you here!)

"I disagree, revenant as a whole, regardless of spec chosen, is outclassed in most aspects. Herald has terrible DPS"  Then you continue to compare Herald(a +1er) to supportguardian and tempest... THAT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE!

You are not even dealing with his ideas on how to improve revenant at all! You just completly ignore his suggestions, say that hes is completly wrong and continue to QQ, while giving reasons that show that you have actually very little clue what your talking about! 

do you even understand what he said? do you know what SoA is? do you know what VotE is? to anyone reading, it appears that you dont even know what he was specifically talking about and therefore you ignored it and just jumped on the part where he said that Herald doesnt need any buffs. His suggestions were nice and solid... yet you completly ignore them and even say that hes wrong....

Do you even want constructive discussions? or do you just want to QQ? How are we supposed to get anything constructive going here? when you are completly ignoring peoples ideas and  continue to throw the whole revenant class into the same drawer and then just sit infront of it and cry.

you should honestly consider, letting this thread die, and creating a new one where you are specifically talking about Renegade for example. With constructive ideas what traits/weapons/yada yada should be changed to make it viable again. You also have to stop overexaggerating, i remember a post from you that said, that revenant has no energy, because everyone is stunned 75% of the time and after 1 stunbreak Revenant is out of energy.  You also should not demand a whole rework of the energy system, as this will never happen. We are to deep into this, alot of people would be upset, so its never going to happen. If you dont like the energy system... maybe revenant is not the profession that fits you!

You dont even have to reply to this. Read it. Think about it, and then let this Thread die.

Maybe adept your approach towards any futureThreads that you might start. I am really just trying to help you here, as this Thread and you farming confused for 9 days straight, is pretty hard to watch for all of us. 😅❤️

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I find it interesting that you wanted to type all of that, misconstruing sentences typed to make it look like what I said wasnt accurate, just to follow it up with a personal attack. Just sad, all credibility that was available went out the window. I stand by everything I have said. Herald is terrible in PvP currently, and I enjoy bullying them in pvp matches because there isnt much they can do about it. Vindicator is still not half bad, but does rely on a semi carry from the team. Renegade is ok DPS but way too squishy to be of any good. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

I find it interesting that you wanted to type all of that, misconstruing sentences typed to make it look like what I said wasnt accurate, just to follow it up with a personal attack. Just sad, all credibility that was available went out the window. I stand by everything I have said. Herald is terrible in PvP currently, and I enjoy bullying them in pvp matches because there isnt much they can do about it. Vindicator is still not half bad, but does rely on a semi carry from the team. Renegade is ok DPS but way too squishy to be of any good. 

i am not attacking you personally whatsoever.... lol? i tried to keep everything as friendly as i possibly could.

Herald is #1 +1er currently. period.

Renegade is not ok dps. renegade is godawful. With berserker amulet you melt and with demolisher you deal babyDMG.

Vindicator is meh. It lost the only thing it was good at. Bunkering on a sidenode. Even tempest is a better sidenode bunker currently.

both vindicator and renegade need.... SOMETHING. they are simply not good. But herald is right at the top of the foodchain when it comes to +1.

Edited by Sahne.6950

i am not attacking you personally whatsoever.... lol? i tried to keep everything as friendly as i possibly could.

Herald is #1 +1er currently. period.

Renegade is not ok dps. renegade is godawful.

Vindicator is meh. It lost the only thing it was good at. Bunkering on a sidenode. Even tempest is a better sidenode bunker currently.

This honestly makes me feel like you have never played the class in pvp. Herald is a literal waste of a team slot. Renegade does amazing condi damage when played right, but will always be outclassed by rangers. Vindicators are still amazing duelists and when played well can win a good majority of 1v1's but have very low damage for the current meta considering the bursts of other class specs.