Revenant Buff

10 minutes ago, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

This honestly makes me feel like you have never played the class in pvp. Herald is a literal waste of a team slot. Renegade does amazing condi damage when played right, but will always be outclassed by rangers. Vindicators are still amazing duelists and when played well can win a good majority of 1v1's but have very low damage for the current meta considering the bursts of other class specs.

Herald is exactly the opposite of a waste of a teamslot.... It has a solid spot in the current meta... everyone here is telling you that... but it apparently falls on deaf ears.

Playing renegade condi with Ventari is literally what i personally suggested to you in page 1 of this thread... "Renegade... the memebattle.com build succcs!  Agreed. Try shiro/ventari with salvation trait and sage Amulett. I am having pretty good success with it(not rly good, but its better than memebattlebuild, imo) " so theres that.

Vindicator can maybe hold its ground in a 1v1, but it cant get people off the node. You can stand your ground, but you are to no use, should the enemy team have another sidenoder that is keeping the node occupied for their team. The second you get +1ed... your toast cuz they butchered the healingnumbers/cleanse/everything kinda.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Herald is exactly the opposite of a waste of a teamslot.... It has a solid spot in the current meta... everyone here is telling you that... but it apparently falls on deaf ears.

Playing renegade condi with Ventari is literally what i suggested to you... so theres that.

Vindicator can hold its ground in a 1v1, but it cant get people off the node. You can stand your ground, but you are to no use, should the enemy team have another sidenoder that is keeping the node occupied for their team. The second you get +1ed... your toast cuz they butchered the healingnumbers.

In the current meta, playing Herald is literally feeding the enemy team. I watch them constantly get absolutely destroyed in any capacity of a fight. In comparison their DPS is lower than most and they do not have the tankiness to fight face to face. I find it hilarious to bully them all game because they spend most of the match running away.

While yes, renegade is playable, it cannot contend with other range condi class specs. It will always be out DPS'd and typically has less skills designed to keep the enemy away from you and you in the fight. 

I agree with what you said about vindi, its not in a great place now after the nerf and while it is still playable, you often dont contribute much unless you really pick your battles.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

In the current meta, playing Herald is literally feeding the enemy team. I watch them constantly get absolutely destroyed in any capacity of a fight. In comparison their DPS is lower than most and they do not have the tankiness to fight face to face. I find it hilarious to bully them all game because they spend most of the match running away.

While yes, renegade is playable, it cannot contend with other range condi class specs. It will always be out DPS'd and typically has less skills designed to keep the enemy away from you and you in the fight. 

I agree with what you said about vindi, its not in a great place now after the nerf and while it is still playable, you often dont contribute much unless you really pick your battles.

may i kindly ask you about what elo we are talking? Cuz over here in p2... the heralds are a force to be reckoned with!

Herald is MILES stronger than any Renegade could possibly be. atleast over here....

And while we are at it: What do you suggest should be done to "fix" the revenant profession. Up until now you have not suggested a single idea.

You just went QQ, Rework it!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

For some reason I doubt thats the case 🤷‍♂️

can you answer my question please. What elo are we talking about?

we can meet ingame if you dont believe me! no problemo^^

i can also introduce you to my buddy that has been playing Herald only, maybe he can give you some tips. this guy CARRYS!

He also experiments with a salvation build, looks pretty neat into certain more condi focused matchups.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

I agree that rev's get more prominent and effective once your rank starts to get about 130.   You start seeing pairs of them show up on the opposite team.   When I'm playing G3 level (vagaries of match making) I don't see as many and they are generally a lot easier to kill.   This indicates to me they have a high skill cap and are not noob friendly.

Herald is not a waste of teamslot but definitely not the best pick. The quickness made it so easy to use while making all the instant casting even more annoying, half if not all the time the only reason why Herald kills is because of ganks or the lack of counter play to anything it does with Facets because it all happens before evading is an option, a significant portion of an Herald damage is always something you have to take a guess for or dare I say look at what Facet is activated or recognize the sounds but even then time is less than a second for all.

In the end, focusing an herald just like any type of revs (mostly with condi) is going to see it downed in less than 30 seconds because the spec is not allowed to have any meaningful skills that are free of bugs/negligence or high risk high reward that used to exist within it. Just key mash, win or die, hardly any management.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

What rev needs is bonuses for dying or going into downstate or having not very much health.

Why: think about theme here rev should be doing more the closer they are to death because they are closer to the mists.

Missed elite spec opportunities.

Vindi is not bad perse but it doesn't have enough burst to be bursty and not enough support to be supporty its just a Jack I trades guy which I don't like much. Also is facerolly but that's just my skill level

Speaking of "closer to the mists" that sounds loik a noice buff increase power and condi damage for renegade and increase healing power and concentration for Herald in spvp only? Sounds good.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1