Give warriors a shroud mechanic?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Give warriors a shroud mechanic?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • ayy lma0 br@h

Sup folks,

It's all in the title. We're in the process dismantling necros, making all classes the same, and warriors need buffs anyways.

Why not give warriors access to necro shrouds? I mean, thieves already have it.

After that, we will consider giving warriors stealth.

Any opinions?

In general, I don't like skills that change your weapon abilities, so I voted "No", sorry.

I think that's why rifle engi has been quite refreshing (as well as being OP). You actually get to play with your weapon's skills for once instead of some predetermined kit skills.

• Like 2

I don't see what problem this would solve. If I want a high sustain build on Warrior, I already have it. If I want an offensive build, I doubt a shroud will enable that. Berserker already works like a 'mode' DPS spec. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't see what problem this would solve. If I want a high sustain build on Warrior, I already have it. If I want an offensive build, I doubt a shroud will enable that. Berserker already works like a 'mode' DPS spec. 

Not all things need to address a problem. Doing something for the sake of “flavor” is a very legitimate part of the creative aspect of design. Warrior has gotten only DPS specs at this point, so it appears that Anet values flavor over role diversity when creating new Especs, a view that I actually agree with. Not to say role diversity isn’t important, but that putting enjoyable, entertaining play styles over said role diversity is a better approach imo. 

As for shroud on warrior? It wholly depends on what the shroud does for warrior and how it plays. I would definitely not be opposed to it, but I’m not certain it’s the best route to go. Definitely would pick Shroud over any sort of AI though, if we had to pick a set mechanic. No AI on warrior please.

42 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Not all things need to address a problem. Doing something for the sake of “flavor” is a very legitimate part of the creative aspect of design. Warrior has gotten only DPS specs at this point, so it appears that Anet values flavor over role diversity when creating new Especs, a view that I actually agree with. Not to say role diversity isn’t important, but that putting enjoyable, entertaining play styles over said role diversity is a better approach imo. 

As for shroud on warrior? It wholly depends on what the shroud does for warrior and how it plays. I would definitely not be opposed to it, but I’m not certain it’s the best route to go. Definitely would pick Shroud over any sort of AI though, if we had to pick a set mechanic. No AI on warrior please.

I think we don't have a shortage of things that are flavour ... especially on warrior.

I still don't want to be a 'shroud' class on a warrior, even if it's just for flavour. I think Anet can do better than borrowing existing themes from other classes, especially for such an archetypical class like warrior. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

1 hour ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Just give warrior extra HP in berzerker mode

Yeah, I feel that the only reason Zerk has reduced toughness while zerking is because ANet couldn't be original and just followed the same old template every other game with berserkers used.

It doesn't suit GW2's action combat at all.

10 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I think we don't have a shortage of things that are flavour ... especially on warrior.

I still don't want to be a 'shroud' class on a warrior, even if it's just for flavour. I think Anet can do better than borrowing existing themes from other classes, especially for such an archetypical class like warrior. 

I agree, I think that there are superior things to add to warrior (or rework things that don’t work in new ways). You can look at the posts I’ve made, I have no shortage of ideas. Just pointing out that it fixing something isn’t always the prime consideration 🙂 

Well they already have a transform skill with Rampage, that's close enough to a shroud mechanic for me. Rampage could certainly be improved, including a shorter cool down, to make it more useful. What I want (as a core warrior player) is for burst skills to be reworked for longbow, axe, mace, etc. Many of the core weapons in general need to be updated. 

Shroud for warrior is not a horrible idea, but there is a lot of fixing I would choose before that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

All warriors just need to play reapers... there Warrior fixed.

Or rifle  builds.

Reaper does seem like the Necro/Warrior combo that anet is going with the elite specs, they do share allot of Warrior problems, like kinda bad skills on weapons, GS is the type that is supposed to do allot if it hits and it is hard to actually hit anything but doesn't actually do much anyway with several skills that are kinda dead, Shouts are almost useless by comparison to other specs like almost all Warrior elite utility skills and 2/3 of the traits are dead, the 1/3 function in a band aid state so you can actually play the thing.
The reasons that it somewhat works in most ratings of pvp and for example Berserker doesn't is that it can soak damage and has some ranged pressure with axe which took years to buff to usefulness.

If only Berserker was able to sustain damage in some manner like reaper they would be almost at the same position, since they revolve around area damage and cc.  

If it was before the gunblade "shroud" mechanic I may have been more open to it. I thought a "support shroud" would have been cool, kinda like Druid CA. But, honestly, I don't want this to be continuing trend now that we got this (unessessary) gimmick with the gunblade. 

Instead I'd like devs go and "modernize" our weapons.

Greatsword (if anything, this!)

100B - faster cast, longer cooldown. No rooting.

Rush - 2x more run speed (or better, leaping dash?). This should almost be like a blink skill.

Bladerail - faster projectile speed.

Mace

Basically main-hand AA needs to be faster.

Hammer

This just needs to be more fun. Honestly I have no idea since I rarely use it.

Rifle

Just give us engi rifle (jk).

But yeah, auto needs to be improved at least.

Edited by firedragon.8953

Not another mix-up of profession mechanics, please. :classic_rolleyes:

E. g., I love Specter but would have preferred it as a new elite spec for Necromancer instead of Harbinger. Not a fan of all those mix-ups born our of a lack of imagination for decent new ideas.

Edited by Ashantara.8731

1 hour ago, DemonCrypto.6792 said:

Why not doing the reverse of this
Let's give adrenaline type gameplay to other classes

They kind of did that with Catalyst and it went over so poorly that they had to uber buff the jade sphere mechanic. Something something "why can't we use our mechanic at the beginning of the fight" something something tiny warrior violin. Not to mention that for Willbender they were even allowed to chose their negative stat penalty and that ALSO went over very poorly and got removed *plays the worlds tiniest violin in Berserker minor scale*.