2-hour Primers --> 12-hour Primers, please!

2 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

I think you just answered your own question as to why you can't craft the 12 hour ones, no?

Thanks for supporting my attempt to get an alternative to buying. 😉

I am not stupid, I know why we currently can't. But there are enough other things on which we can (and do) spend money at the Gem Store, no?

You have to buy the garden plots to be able to plant the flowers required to craft the 2-hour Primers, for instance. Being able to craft 12-hour ones will likely increase the incentive to buy the plots.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 4
  • Confused 7

Sure it would be convenient for us, but we're talking at Anet here, the same guys who just made jade bot skin for 1600 gems. Do you think they are prone to cut their revenue by making an alternate way to get a gem store item? 😆

Edited by Susy.7529
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Thanks for supporting my attempt to get an alternative to buying. 😉

I am not stupid, I know why we currently can't. But there are enough other things on which we can (and do) spend money at the Gem Store, no?

You have to buy the garden plots to be able to plant the flowers required to craft the 2-hour Primers, for instance. Being able to craft 12-hour ones will likely increase the incentive to buy the plots.

I mean they would cost 6 times the 2 hour ones so all this hassle to save 2 spots in your bank really?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Being able to craft 12-hour ones will likely increase the incentive to buy the plots.

Sounds to me you're already crafting them anyways, so... maybe they won't? 😄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Lottie.5370 said:

There already is an alternative to buying - making the 2h ones.

The whole thread is about an option to be able to turn (let's say) six 2-hour Primers into one 12-hour Primer. So... huh? :classic_huh:

23 hours ago, Lottie.5370 said:

You can also get the 12h ones from Boxes of WvW Supplies (from Guild Trader/Ley+Karmic Converters). I've got about 90 of each that way.

I used to have many as well, but they use up faster than you think when you're doing a lot of endgame content on several characters.

I'd really like to be able to craft them myself.

No idea why so many on here seem to be against it. Like it was a holy rule that we can't nor ever will be able to craft them. :classic_mellow:

19 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Sounds to me you're already crafting them anyways, so... maybe they won't? 😄 

😄 Hmph. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The whole thread is about an option to be able to turn (let's say) six 2-hour Primers into one 12-hour Primer. So... huh? :classic_huh:

I used to have many as well, but they use up faster than you think when you're doing a lot of endgame content on several characters.

I'd really like to be able to craft them myself.

No idea why so many on here seem to be against it. Like it was a holy rule that we can't nor ever will be able to craft them. :classic_mellow:

😄 Hmph. 😉

What exactly is the value of that though? If you have to craft 6 2h ones anyway, why not just use the 2h ones 6 times?

Of all the things they could do to improve QoL, this really doesn't seem important or worth doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

What exactly is the value of that though? If you have to craft 6 2h ones anyway, why not just use the 2h ones 6 times?

Of all the things they could do to improve QoL, this really doesn't seem important or worth doing.

Using the 2 hour primers six times would also require you to use the food or utility in question six times. With a 12 hour primer you would use it just once.

Edited by Baron Oakley.1539
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Baron Oakley.1539 said:

Using the 2 hour primers six times would also require you to use the food or utility in question six times. With a 12 hour primer you would use it just once.

And not using primers at all would mean you have to use food 24 times over 12 hours (unless you have soul pastries - but them being 10 copper each defeats the purpose of a primer anyway).

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 12:12 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Could people stop kidding themselves. "My idea to devalue gem Store items will Anet not cost money, in fact it will increase the Profit they make" - Person who states opinion as fact, based on wishful thinking. You care enough to post online, but already own a plot. So no it will barley if at all, increase incentive to buy plots, while decreasing revenue on Primers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1