Mythical creatures you want in GW2

SoulGuardian.6203

Mythical Creatures  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice of creatures

35 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Nobody is saying nor suggesting to copy anything.

That's why concept artists exist.

I don't think that coming up with a version of a kraken that looks more like a fiend than a squid is stealing any copyright.

I think that you are overreacting about a simple idea sharing. 

Nah, I was just responding to when you changed from wanting mythological creatures to suggesting that you wanted to use copyrighted material from modern works of fiction. If the Clash of the Titans Kraken were a mythological creature it would likely be open to use. A fiendish giant octopus could be very cool, I used something similar in a DnD game once.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DaFishBob.6518 said:

Alraune, though I suppose Sylvari fit the form of Alraune but how about an immobile one in the wild? Maybe we'll see an adaptation of the idea in the future as Sylvari get older?

I'm sure ANet could come up with a little back story to that.

That's an interesting creature.

32 minutes ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

I like the current diversity... not sure about adding a bunch of typical creatures from other myths, lore and pop culture.  

Do the Chak not fit this description? 

Did I miss something here? Chak always looked like social insects to me. Like ants or bees, just that they collect ley line energy instead of honey or farming aphids.

Is there any indication that they are sentient and intelligent creatures? They are even treated like tamable pets by the Ogres.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Did I miss something here? Chak always looked like social insects to me. Like ants or bees, just that they collect ley line energy instead of honey or farming aphids.

Is there any indication that they are sentient and intelligent creatures? They are even treated like tamable pets by the Ogres.

Many real-world non-human animals have levels of sentience and intelligence, including those that can be tamed as pets... But I understand now that you're looking for more advancement in this area... maybe a species (related or not) that governed the Chak themselves... Heart of Thrones seems like the map that would have suited such a race.  I agree that this type of being is missing and would be an interesting, if creepy, addition!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Not everyone.

Just curious where in GW2 lore do you think vampires would fit in?

Well, it has zombies, mummies, ghosts, wraiths, skeletons, and lich. Not sure why vampires specifically wouldn’t fit. There’s a lot of variations throughout Earth cultures for inspiration. They wouldn’t need to fit Bram Stoker’s interpretation.

Maybe the next Canthan zone could have Penanggalan.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Smoky.5348 said:

Pfft, l, too, first thought of horses. Seems so strange how much they refuse to add anything too horse-like. (Would the Kirin count as horses, though?)

Given how the undead horses looked in GW1 they could do, although I'm not sure how much of that is the corruption when Orr was destroyed and then they were ressurected. The Celestial Horse in GW1 also resembled a kirin, but as far as I'm aware none of the characters in either game has said a kirin is a horse.

There is actually one horse in both GW1 and GW2, but that tells us nothing about their appearence, because he's invisible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Given how the undead horses looked in GW1 they could do, although I'm not sure how much of that is the corruption when Orr was destroyed and then they were ressurected. The Celestial Horse in GW1 also resembled a kirin, but as far as I'm aware none of the characters in either game has said a kirin is a horse.

There is actually one horse in both GW1 and GW2, but that tells us nothing about their appearence, because he's invisible.

Based on things like the Knight jousting statue, and the various concept art pieces, we can be pretty sure that horses just look normal. It's just that Anet doesn't have them visually ingame. Npcs talk about horses and all after all.

And the thunderhorse staff skin depicts a fairly regular horse head.

Edited by Kalavier.1097

17 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

Based on things like the Knight jousting statue, and the various concept art pieces, we can be pretty sure that horses just look normal. It's just that Anet doesn't have them visually ingame. Npcs talk about horses and all after all.

And the thunderhorse staff skin depicts a fairly regular horse head.

I'd be happy with Pegasus or Unicorns.

Perhaps an hybrid of both.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Ethan Mccloud.3218 said:

BRING BACK  the bone dragons -skelletal rangers -NECRID horseman-  introduce octopus in hostile waters  guarding chests- stampedeing minotaurs (DOUBLE THEIR SIZE AND STRENGHT)- rabid timberwolves-  daytimeman/nighttime werewolves- sea sprites- etc etc 

I like these.

Most of them are Orrian.

They should have been added in orr maps.

Warewolves that come out at night is a brilliant idea. 

Human vampires too.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Most of them are Orrian.

They should have been added in orr maps.

As I recall (would need a loremaster to pull the sources), the reason you only see peasants, nobles, and generally non-military undead in GW2 Orr is because the Vizier already rose the military types for his purposes 250 years prior in GW1. Thus, there were no rangers or horsemen left in Orr for Zhaitan to raise.

1 hour ago, squeegee.4320 said:

As I recall (would need a loremaster to pull the sources), the reason you only see peasants, nobles, and generally non-military undead in GW2 Orr is because the Vizier already rose the military types for his purposes 250 years prior in GW1. Thus, there were no rangers or horsemen left in Orr for Zhaitan to raise.

The orrian undead of GW1 are almost all military. The Orrian risen of GW2 are almost all civilian.

I'd love to see an elephant-type humanoid. Idk why. 

But yeah, angels would be cool given how they're depicted in art everywhere and statues. Would be neat to see some tie-in to the human gods and learn more about why they looked the way they did. 

Vampires I think we'll sort of get soon. Maybe even a raid of Togo's estate with a bunch of vampire ministry bosses and a nice cold/gothic theme with hints of Kurzick influence in places. 

I'd still love to see some residual ancient races of Tyria like the Seer/non-fallen Jotun/forgotten that managed to not get branded, etc. But there's a whole huge planet to explore so it's not like they don't have plenty of room to branch out and get creative. If they decide to.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bast.7253 said:

But yeah, angels would be cool given how they're depicted in art everywhere and statues. Would be neat to see some tie-in to the human gods and learn more about why they looked the way they did. 

I think those are all depictions of Dwayna, who is one of the gods.

The nearest Tyrian equivalent of an angel would be the avatars of the gods, and their appearance varies depending on their role, origins and the god they serve.

• Like 3