Guess who showed up during the lws 1 ep.3 final instance

Pax.3548

oh, that's pretty clever...

i just kinda wish that they'd have made her a guest character that showed up under an assumed name time to time throughout early episodes. but that she had interactions with the commander, so that she wasn't just a "one-episode" character. at least they learned in later seasons to have characters last at least several episodes.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

oh, that's pretty clever...

i just kinda wish that they'd have made her a guest character that showed up under an assumed name time to time throughout early episodes. but that she had interactions with the commander, so that she wasn't just a "one-episode" character. at least they learned in later seasons to have characters last at least several episodes.

Maybe they'll fit her in once or twice more.

5 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Maybe they'll fit her in once or twice more.

Doubtful. Clockwork Chaos was the only episode focused in DR.

I'm still not 100% in agreement it is meant to be Livia, as they also put Ralan's model there as a generically named Shining Blade. It's entirely plausible a dev was looking for newer-than-core generic looking models already made and used the Kerida disguise model without much thought. It'd be internally labeled as Kerida, but unless the dev knows who Kerida is, it wouldn't really pop out as a big lore thing.

Would like dev confirmation like they gave about the Herald of Balthazar's identity as Devona.

3 hours ago, squeegee.4320 said:

Did they explain why Livia hasn't used the Scepter of Orr to make any number of large threats a non-issue?

She no longer has it, is the short of it.

She only had it "for a time". Long enough to have longer life, but by the time of Sea of Sorrows novel she no longer had the Scepter of Orr.

We still don't know what happened to it though.

That said, the Scepter of Orr is not an end-all-be-all solution. It's no better than Sohothin and that's not solving all our problems left and right despite Rytlock using it.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086

3 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Definitely, but curious they didn't name Ralan and Kerida if they're meant to be them, while they did with Gorrik and Ankka.

Hmm, aren’t they called “Inquest Intern” or something in the fractal? I haven’t played it myself since they changed it though. But if not, I’d chalk it up to design inconsistency.

At least with Kerida, she’s a covert agent and a big spoiler. It makes sense to me that we’d see her as just another shining blade until we meet her formally in S3, and to drop her model in the instance as an inconsequential easter egg to make the game feel more connected for the hyper vigilant fans that notice/look for this stuff. Personally do not believe this was unintentional as they’ve been very specifically rewriting S1 to a more streamlined narrative, and they’ve added in references to characters you won’t meet until End of Dragons.

EDIT: They are indeed called Inquest Intern in the fractal: 

Edited by Zola.6197

44 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Doubtful. Clockwork Chaos was the only episode focused in DR.

I'm still not 100% in agreement it is meant to be Livia, as they also put Ralan's model there as a generically named Shining Blade. It's entirely plausible a dev was looking for newer-than-core generic looking models already made and used the Kerida disguise model without much thought. It'd be internally labeled as Kerida, but unless the dev knows who Kerida is, it wouldn't really pop out as a big lore thing.

Would like dev confirmation like they gave about the Herald of Balthazar's identity as Devona.

It would be nice if a dev confirm her identity, but I'm pretty convinced its her too, not only because of the model, but the weapons she uses, also, if I remember it well (I took the pictures when the episode was out, days ago) Kerida walked in the room when Anise finished talking and was walking towards the end of the room (While all other Npc are just stationary generic ones). It really seemed like both gathered at the corner to discuss days events.

It was an awesome addition in my opinion, my congrats to anet, it really feels these characters are there, behind the show and that they don't just pop out of nowhere when their moment of spotlight comes

6 hours ago, Zola.6197 said:

Hmm, aren’t they called “Inquest Intern” or something in the fractal? I haven’t played it myself since they changed it though. But if not, I’d chalk it up to design inconsistency.

At least with Kerida, she’s a covert agent and a big spoiler. It makes sense to me that we’d see her as just another shining blade until we meet her formally in S3, and to drop her model in the instance as an inconsequential easter egg to make the game feel more connected for the hyper vigilant fans that notice/look for this stuff. Personally do not believe this was unintentional as they’ve been very specifically rewriting S1 to a more streamlined narrative, and they’ve added in references to characters you won’t meet until End of Dragons.

EDIT: They are indeed called Inquest Intern in the fractal: 

Kerida (under that name) is not a big spoiler at all, and wouldn't be the first time we see an NPC's name before being introduced by said NPC (though ever since S4E4 added tech to change NPC names mid-instance, they have had more fun with generically-named NPCs until introduced). Though I guess I misremember Gorrik and Ankka (coulda swore they were named when I last visited, maybe it changes on story progress or I just misremember).

6 hours ago, Pax.3548 said:

It would be nice if a dev confirm her identity, but I'm pretty convinced its her too, not only because of the model, but the weapons she uses, also, if I remember it well (I took the pictures when the episode was out, days ago) Kerida walked in the room when Anise finished talking and was walking towards the end of the room (While all other Npc are just stationary generic ones). It really seemed like both gathered at the corner to discuss days events.

It was an awesome addition in my opinion, my congrats to anet, it really feels these characters are there, behind the show and that they don't just pop out of nowhere when their moment of spotlight comes

The two Shining Blades that use Kerida and Ralan models are both stationary on either side of the entrance when you enter. After Anise finishes talking to Logan, "Kerida" goes to talk to her while the other remains in position (which isn't out of the ordinary tbh).

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086

Ppl love these things.

Easter eggs, mini-spoilers, i wish more and more(lolz)..

The real hype-generator, would be mora lyssa stuff...

In addition to the already well known things about the "mystery lyssa", it also intrigues me that they chose a place related to Lyssa to be the place of the meta of last map of POF(Serpents Ire).