2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Disagreed, we need less skipping of content for different rewards. The more of the game you play through, the more varied rewards you should get.

So I guess everyone who got their legendary armor from PvP or WvW should've got it from raids, huh? I don't think you understood what I meant about 'multipath" at all.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not new to gw2, but newish to posting. I don't know how to contact the Dev's or even if it is possible.  I don't have a lot of time. I just wanted to get off my chest, give feedback on how incons

I lead this strike recently with an entirely random PUG group from training tab, they did a really good job and cleared it on the first try with no deaths, all they had to do was listen. If players do

It's nice to see so many people offering help. I'm glad people who really want it can get it. But it was a poor choice to gate an open world mount behind instanced group content.

7 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

So I guess everyone who got their legendary armor from PvP or WvW should've got it from raids, huh? I don't think you understood what I meant about 'multipath" at all.

It still branches into content going beyond the base open world one. But yeah, I wouldn't have much against the leggies requiring more of the content than they do (as in requiring activity in more of the modes, doesn't mean it should have x times higher time-gating) -definitely would make sense to me.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

ANet has openly stated that GW2 is designed to be a social game an encourage people to play together. In contrast to other MMOs that make progression literally impossible without group play, GW2 is extremely solo-friendly. But it is ultimately still a social game; that is a core part of the game design and, IMO, a silly thing to rigidly reject. Nothing wrong with preferring solo play or anything, but I don't personally think gating an optional mount behind perfectly reasonable group play content is unreasonable, even if it was on the box art. Especially when you remember it's a mount that requires another player to even use properly. 

Griffon and Skyscale also have collections that require group cooperation. At least, if you can solo the events and bounties needed, you probably wouldn't have made this thread. Yes, if you're not familiar with strike missions, it can seem daunting. But as others said, post up in LFG Training that you're looking for help with turtle, and people will join. Be patient, listen to advice, and make an effort to learn mechanics, and any PUG can do it without much trouble. You'll wipe, nobody cares, just keep trying. The consequences of failure are practically zero. 

I think part of the reason people oppose the strike and DE Meta for turtle is because they're used to getting through the main game without much consequence if they do anything wrong. Completing more challenging group content feels like a big step in difficulty because it requires some personal responsibility, and that scares people. But if you've managed to do a few T1 fractals, strikes aren't a big jump up from that, and Kaineng Overlook isn't that difficult. Just put in an earnest effort with a good attitude and you'll have it done in no time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1