Need help in farming Gold

This games throws gold at you, so there's very little I do with the sole intention of making gold. To be honest I've run out of things to spend it on. A couple of exceptions:
I do a daily Dragonstorm, which is 15 minutes of easy fighting to earn 5G.
Once a week, I buy out Leivas' stock of antique summoning stones to bank another 30G.

In the past I've done the Auric Basin meta a lot (mucho chests under the city), Dragonfall meta, Drizzlewood (north and south - mucho mats), Silverwastes and Teq.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Hi,

i'll interpret "50+g in 4+ hours " as at least 50g in 4 hours or 12.5+g hour.

The question is: do you want to farm that in one go or is it fine to do 2 hours content x today and 1 hour y tomorrow morning and 1 hour in the evening.

In general you can do metas like chak and tarir for some nice basic loot that yields a few gold.
Tequatl (world boss) is always a safe 1+g.

Drizzlewood meta and silverwastes yield quite some gold per hour (10-20g) but you have to do it in one go (no map leave possible) and usually a bit preparation is needed (keys or map currency) and they depend on squad size and coordination/speed.

The big player imho would be fractals.
Daily is the one thing, the other would be aetherblade t4 farm.
The latter will easily yield realistic 15+g / hour and will meet your requirements.
A farm with fractal god title and clear times of ~3:30min will get you over 35+g / hour.
The advantage: you can take a break and continue without being tight to any certain times/timers.
The disadvantage: you need a proper team for t4, agony resistance and some knowledge on how to do it.
Alternative: do the farm on t2, but that halves the encryptions you get and will end up at 10+g per hour i guess. On the other hand its way easier to set up and relaxed.
(For the title farm you need.... well... the title, which is hell a lot of work)

Other things might be strikes (easy 5 IBS + EOD fc), bjora marches chest farm, istan metas, raids and mat farms (elder wood, flax and such).
But i cant really tell the gp/h since they all have different requirements (tools, maps, routes), depend on your skill level, grp finding or have daily/weekly/character/account caps (like raids or istan meta).

The last thing to mention would be TP-flipping, shard sells and other type of stuff.
But that usually needs more time, dedication, have some risk or require deeper knowledge so i wouldnt recommend those.

I personally would pick the fractal farm if the gold needs to be acquired fast.
Nearly every method then requires you so sell everything you gain if you want the gold instantly.

Pick what suits you most 🙂

Greetings
TheCypher

Edited by theCypher.9406
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

While the value of Ambergris has declined over the past few weeks, currently at roughly 2.25g, you'd need only catch about 5 legendary fish an hour to get your 50g... So some RNG at play, but very doable if you've maximized your fishing power and are using the relevant buffs.

Depending on your definition of effort, this would be minimal, but could be exceedingly tedious for some.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/26/2022 at 1:32 PM, costepj.5120 said:

I do a daily Dragonstorm, which is 15 minutes of easy fighting to earn 5G.
Once a week, I buy out Leivas' stock of antique summoning stones to bank another 30G.

In the past I've done the Auric Basin meta a lot (mucho chests under the city), Dragonfall meta, Drizzlewood (north and south - mucho mats), Silverwastes and Teq.

Thanks, but unfortunately I need those stones and memory of aurene, the rest I tried but it needs more effort also requires you to sell mats to earn gold. Which for me, I'd rather have the mats. 

• Sad 1

On 7/26/2022 at 1:35 PM, theCypher.9406 said:

Drizzlewood meta and silverwastes yield quite some gold per hour (10-20g) but you have to do it in one go (no map leave possible) and usually a bit preparation is needed (keys or map currency) and they depend on squad size and coordination/speed.

This is kinda what I'm looking for, but with less effort and dependency. Also here it's mostly on luck and selling mats to make gold. Any way to get liquid gold? 

Alternative: do the farm on t2, but that halves the encryptions you get and will end up at 10+g per hour i guess. On the other hand its way easier to set up and relaxed.

I will do this, t4 I can't reach it anyway and costs a bunch to make full ascended. Thanks for this mate! 

The last thing to mention would be TP-flipping, shard sells and other type of stuff.
But that usually needs more time, dedication, have some risk or require deeper knowledge so i wouldnt recommend those.

Haha a definite nope, I can't do real estate or shares irl so can't do it in game too, lol. 

Thanks for these info! Any advice on effective bauble farms? 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

While the value of Ambergris has declined over the past few weeks, currently at roughly 2.25g, you'd need only catch about 5 legendary fish an hour to get your 50g... So some RNG at play, but very doable if you've maximized your fishing power and are using the relevant buffs.

Depending on your definition of effort, this would be minimal, but could be exceedingly tedious for some.

Yeah I'm fishing a lot lately and noticed it. But need those mats for gen 3,so not selling. Also got trash worth 1g while fishing. 

• Sad 1

If you want liquid gold then go PvP. Gold in PvE is made by selling mats, so play drizzlewood, RIBA in silver waste, or FotM and sell everything.

I found Echovald Wilds' legendary fish drop at a high rate. Get your 100 Ambergris then start selling off the excess.

If you have excess spirit shards you can sell them on the gw2 exchange on reddit or use them to upgrade mats and sell those on the TP.  Here is a link to guide you on turning spirit shards into gold: Currencies - Spirit Shards - gw2efficiency

Long time ago, when there was just GW1, there was an excellent guide online for farming gold. The main message was to set clear goals and focus on them.

In my experience, when obtaining complicated things like legendary's thats just what matters.
- You need every resource you got gor them.
-doing them all at once is very demotivating.
-so split it up and set in between goals. Do not try and do everything at once.

So at first I'd be getting mats. I would even buy them with gold. Once I got the mats, I would focus on obtaining gold.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

This is kinda what I'm looking for, but with less effort and dependency. Also here it's mostly on luck and selling mats to make gold. Any way to get liquid gold? 

Thanks for these info! Any advice on effective bauble farms? 

You can do bauble farm in Auric Basin (will move to verdant brink on Thursday). The train in  Auric tends to be fast. A good to way to no miss events is by providing enough lasting boons (at least 10 seconds) to the group. Like this you will get full participation on an event that otherwise you would miss for some seconds. Builds/classes with mobility help a lot as well. Verdant Brink bauble farm (stoneheads) is much less gold/h compared to Auric Basin but its harder to miss events and all you need is mostly to hit the vet with your raptor. Giving boons while you go to every vet works awesome here too. Tangled Depths bauble farm train is kinda rare (at least in Eu) and a bit harder to follow or a bit easier to get lost.

For easy, liquid gold, I would suggest the following:

-Daily achievements =2g wallet*

-Dragonstorm= 2g  wallet*

-Anomaly guaranted 0,5g wallet* (+0.3g if you get bauble from the map reward) and 1 mystic coin

Total direct gold in your wallet at least 4.5g while liquid can be double that (8g).

-Doing the common infusion train, Pinata -> Tangled Depths  -> Auric Basin once per day will give you guaranteed 3 amalgamated gemstones which is at least 3x.0.60g=1.8g + at least 8 exotics plus other materials, gear, map currencies and a one in a million chance for infusion. 

Total liquid gold lets say 4g 

-Farm a full home and 1 fully upgraded guild hall lets say 1.5 g liquid 

-Farm dailly the Jumping Puzzle chest in Old Kaineng lets say 0.5 g 

-Farm the small, medium and large chests in western Bjora Marches 1.5g

15g at least in 1,5h with minimum effort, enough downtime to afk, to side node farm, kill treasure mushroom, do Hp's or just chill. 

Bellow you can see how much gold each spot (chests or events) can give you per day:

https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/alt-parking

-Another chill  and effortless farm is Leather Farm in Lake Doric. In EU, sadly, it tends to be a thing mostly (if not only) during evenings. For this farm you need pretty much only to autoattack from range and just tag as many mobs you can. A bit tanky build here would be advised for better quality of life. If everything done correct gold/h can get up to 15g around.

-Lastly, Riba, in Silverwastes is also effortless. You need to move from camp to camp and tag the mobs on the events. Gold per hour depends on the instance (Commander, squad) , the events that you miss, the chests that you open and etc. 

Edited by Mppa.3250
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

daily ~2g

teql ~2g

dragonstorm 2g~5g.

daily mistic coing: ~2g

total: 10g~12g, depending if ur consider mats.

daily fractals T2 run: ~20g. (buy discounted fractal encryptions - note: buy discounted only otherwise u will lose money)

i never did T4 run, but some ppl says worth 40g/day.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Thanks 2

Karma converting crab gloves in blood tide coast with the mystic forge for linen and leather scraps is still an option. 

And with a maxed fishing masteries, using sushi food, and the scorpion bait in crystal oasis (and a celebration booster if you have it), you can do up to 60g per hour.  BUT, you will have to sell your chunks of ambergris for that gold.

• Confused 1

On 7/27/2022 at 6:46 PM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

daily fractals T2 run: ~20g. (buy discounted fractal encryptions - note: buy discounted only otherwise u will lose money)

i never did T4 run, but some ppl says worth 40g/day.

You mean discounted fractal encryptions keys? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deeply_Discounted_Fractal_Encryption_Key

So you buy them and open fractal encryption? And sell all loot/mats to get 20g?

Just new to this fractal thing. Is it really 20g?

What about Fractal Encryptions? Do I need to buy it from Trading Post if I have more fractal encryption keys?

5 hours ago, ruikarikun.9402 said:

You mean discounted fractal encryptions keys? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deeply_Discounted_Fractal_Encryption_Key

So you buy them and open fractal encryption? And sell all loot/mats to get 20g?

Just new to this fractal thing. Is it really 20g?

What about Fractal Encryptions? Do I need to buy it from Trading Post if I have more fractal encryption keys?

yes u can buy extra Fractal encryptions, if u have keys.

(Free) Key + (Bought) Encryption = profit.

(Bought deeply discounted) Key + (free)Encryption = Profit.

(Bought deeply discounted or anyone) Key + (bought) Encryption = Loss.

Its because deeply discounted key cost 20c, a Encryption  is 20c on TP. total cost 40c.

The average profit per encryption, range from 20c to 1g. so if u follow the "guide", u will have at least 10g profit total, 5g in worst scenarios(these maths inst precise, but i guess u get the point). this considering only T2 run.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Thanks 1