Why does fresh 80 get dailies for continents it has not been to

It is not a bug it looks at your level and what expansion you have unlocked since your 80 and got expansions the dailies will be in any of the level 80 areas same as anyone else with those expansions.

Do spvp or wvw daily.

Spvp take custom arena and join any of the blue cap red die rooms and the your daily easy.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

So, today only 1/4 is in the expansions or Maguuma Wastes (HoT lumberer) which would work.

I can't really wait a few weeks to build up a record of percent of the time it's 1/4 or less. So I think I'll just take the refund. Arena Net should fix this tho, it's not in their interest to make the game less fun when you buy the expansions!

Just FYI, if you have spare guild slots, you can sometimes do HoT gather dailies in the guild hall, especially if you join one of each type. (So Gilded Hollow and Lost Precipice). It also works to join (for example) two of the same GH that are at different upgrade levels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

So, today only 1/4 is in the expansions or Maguuma Wastes (HoT lumberer) which would work.

I can't really wait a few weeks to build up a record of percent of the time it's 1/4 or less. So I think I'll just take the refund. Arena Net should fix this tho, it's not in their interest to make the game less fun when you buy the expansions!

FYI:  Maguuma Wastes is not part of Heart of Thorns.

It is very easy to do many of the WvW Dailies.  You can use the Wiki to find which are considered very easy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

It is not a bug it looks at your level and what expansion you have unlocked since your 80 and got expansions the dailies will be in any of the level 80 areas same as anyone else with those expansions.

How can it be by design that when you pay for the expansions you suddenly start getting daily missions to do in maps you have never been to and (in game following the story) don't even know exist?

It's definitely a bug. It's just one which you have become accustomed to thinking is normal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

53 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

How can it be by design that when you pay for the expansions you suddenly start getting daily missions to do in maps you have never been to and (in game following the story) don't even know exist?

It's definitely a bug. It's just one which you have become accustomed to thinking is normal.

I don't understand. Can you give an example?

Edit: Oh, I thought you were talking about the separate daily categories at first.

To be clear, this game is designed to let you play how you want.  Lots of people do not play how you do and enter maps above their character level and progression in the story because they like to explore.  Even back in Guild Wars 1 could a player run (or get speedrun) through maps above their level.  That's no bug.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

But now that I've purchased the expansions the PvE dailies are abruptly including maps from the expansions! These maps which are way ahead of where our characters are in the story, I haven't finished the base game (Zhaitan) let alone started Living World Season 1. I have no interest in rushing ahead of my family into these maps.

I hated it, too. Bought the expansions as a bundle but obviously didn't start all of them at once because I want to enjoy the game at my own pace without story spoilers.  Dailies suddenly got a lot harder to complete. Very unusual for a game to punish players for spending money and something I surely keep in mind for the next expansion...

Edited by Padrion.7382
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

Because ever since they changed the dailies from the simple ones they had long ago, they decided that making sense and not being annoying were too much to ask for.

I remember when it was just daily gatherer, daily event completer, vista viewer, etc, that didn't demand one to go to this one specific zone or whatever. Not sure why they felt the need to fix something that wasn't broken.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Tev and mistwraithe, I remember feeling the same way, and that was when I hit my first lvl80 and was quite upset (that daily 2g was also the only significant liquid gold I even knew of, and I abhor PvP, so that was a very bad shift. Especially when hitting your first lvl 80 was a significant milestone, where you also need to start exploring all the lvl 80 systems and content).

But something to consider is that anet actually offered to refund your expansion purchase, so that's something impt to consider for whether you play this game long term, the type of company in charge of the game. I doubt a lot of other game companies (with only 1 game) would offer that. 

I do think that anet should tweak it so that there is a grace period of approx 1month where a player has both versions of the daily slots that have that, for them to ease into and introduce the new content. It's a bad first-ish inpression

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Nilkemia.8507 said:

Because ever since they changed the dailies from the simple ones they had long ago, they decided that making sense and not being annoying were too much to ask for.

I remember when it was just daily gatherer, daily event completer, vista viewer, etc, that didn't demand one to go to this one specific zone or whatever. Not sure why they felt the need to fix something that wasn't broken.

It’s about directing population.

As the game grows, there’s value in moving players through the regions and clumping them in places so they experience other players.

Imagine how different it would feel if it was just, “daily JP” verses “everyone do this one JP today”. No bobble head laboratories and jumpy Mesmer porting parties.

You get Maguuma Forager, and you find a bunch of people at the floating platform potato farm. Low levels cruising through that area see a bunch of shiny vet players advertising their mounts and Las Vegas armor as they dig up spuds. If it was just “daily forage wherever”, you don’t get that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

@OP
The issue is more to do with your choice in how you are progressing through the game.  You could do just enough to get into the first map of each of those areas then you'd be able to do those dailies as needed.  Based on the WIKI you might be able to get to Dry Top without doing any story.  For HoT and PoF you could do just the first tiny bit of each that gets you to the first map of each.

This is definitely not a bug.  At worst it's an oversight in the way they designed it regarding how it might affect a few new players.  Many players would have hit level 80 long before any of those areas existed and unlocked them pretty quick after each was release do this issue never came up.  This is only potentially an issue for people who came into the game much later.

It would be nice if they made it so that the dailies are based on what areas you have accessed but the bottom line here is that this issue is self-imposed more than anything else.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/26/2022 at 3:07 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

To be clear, this game is designed to let you play how you want.  Lots of people do not play how you do and enter maps above their character level and progression in the story because they like to explore.  Even back in Guild Wars 1 could a player run (or get speedrun) through maps above their level.  That's no bug.

I would just like to point out that what I'm saying wouldn't prevent people from doing what you said. Whether the HoT or PoF dailies are shown should depend on whether the player has visited any of those maps.

Those who want to speed run or dip their toes in all the maps rather than following the story progression would be fine then, they would get dailies for all maps.

But people like me, Tev, Padrion, etc who are going through the game in story order (which surely is the recommended order?) would not be presented with dailies in these future regions just because we paid Arena Net money.

Both groups would be happy. Right now, players who want to enjoy letting the story unfold and like doing dailies occasionally are not going to be happy.

Note that Arena Net did refund the ultimate collection for me which was great. I think it was the right thing for them to do but I'm also impressed that they did as some game companies most definitely wouldn't have. I purchased some gems (my first) immediately after the refund so they got some money back, but they won't be getting money for the expansions until I reach HoT in the story progression.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

I would just like to point out that what I'm saying wouldn't prevent people from doing what you said. Whether the HoT or PoF dailies are shown should depend on whether the player has visited any of those maps.

Those who want to speed run or dip their toes in all the maps rather than following the story progression would be fine then, they would get dailies for all maps.

What about players who want to follow the story but "dipped" their toes in PoF only to get their raptor mount?  How would such a system differentiate those players?

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 3:43 AM, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

No. But, as mentioned in one of my earlier posts, it is part of one of the living world seasons which we also haven't got to. We haven't fought Zhaitan yet and are sticking to to the story progression.

Maguuma wastes is drytop and silverwastes. It’s part of core maps so your daily would have those without expansions since you’re level 80. Heart of maguuma is hot maps. Maguuma wastes is pretty much the same as when you get orr gathering daily. 

Edited by Freya.9075
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 2:43 AM, Debesyla.7102 said:

Why do yall act like dailies FORCE you to do something? 😄 

Dailies are great for casuals. Do one little thing and get extra reward. Sometimes explore something new because it forces you to find new JP or something. It's content people like. People can play the game differently, right? And people continue to ignore it's not just me, I was pretty fine with doing the WvW / PvP dailies. But my even-more-casual friends were more affected and they still like dailies the most on the game.

Also people talked about how you can "just dip a little bit" into expansions and such - and that's just bad, "just" entering HoT would have spoiled pretty big reveal from LWS2 for you, one of the highlights of the story so far (I am at start of LWS3). Forcing people to do that to unlock mounts or mastery system was just very bad game design, and I am glad ArenaNet changed it. Frankly I would likely not continued playing the game had I started before the change.

• Like 1

While I don't find this a big issue, I can appreciate someone wanting to play in order (I did as well) and still get dailies done.  Maybe they want to do PvP or WvW, but maybe they just want PvE....so they could design an option, much like guild missions.  You could have the checkboxes under PvE for the expansions.  So if you disable the HoT, PoF, or EoD then you only could have them in core Tyria.  

3 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

but maybe they just want PvE

Already catered for; you only need to do 3 out of the 4 available PvE dailies, so it doesn't matter if one is in an expansion map. Also, as previously suggested, you can join guilds with developed guild halls, allowing you to do HoT or PoF map gathering without actually entering an expansion map.

• Like 2

One way to look at it is that a player who hasn't finished the story or explored the maps yet has a ton of content still to do before they have to resort to the repetition of achievement based things like dailies. Ultimately dailies are there as a way to keep people doing things after they've run out of new things to do.

Yeah, two gold for completionist is a nice bit of income, but it's definitely not necessary if you're still pre-80.

• Like 2