"Raise Morale" for WvW

phs.6089

Interesting idea when considering a material sync. Not saying yeah or nay but something to consider. Both new players and vets can get, vets get an advantage but that seems balanced, but new players can also try and seek without too much impact. Can see pro and cons, but good idea to discuss +1. 

• Like 2

I mean it could be a good sink, so long as it's aimed more at reward boosts than combat.

Another thing that could have been nice, but probably won't work with alliances anymore is that depending on your server position in the match you give everyone on your server a magic find boost or something. Like what favour of the gods did in gw1, except different. 

Might motivate more people to help their server. Back when server pride was mire of a thing at least😅

9 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

I mean it could be a good sink, so long as it's aimed more at reward boosts than combat.

Another thing that could have been nice, but probably won't work with alliances anymore is that depending on your server position in the match you give everyone on your server a magic find boost or something. Like what favour of the gods did in gw1, except different. 

Might motivate more people to help their server. Back when server pride was mire of a thing at least😅

Servers used to get some reward before the mega server. Back to my broken record, we should have some form of open world pvp, but if not that then Alliances should have been designed to incorporate all of the game modes, giving emergent and active or temporary rewards in open world or other game modes depending on specific activity or encounters in other game modes. 

Then me as an alliance leader could say, we're going to hit up this encounter in WvW for like an hour or two so our peoples in this other map or game mode get this specific reward along with us for a residual amount of time. And likewise there could be mechanics in the pve and other game mode maps that could reward players in the WvW map for a residual amount of time. Then Alliances could schedule or plan actual objectives or campaigns that ties the game and playerbase together more. 

I'd rather just have flagged open world pvp while I explore and gather stuff or for more interesting longer form fights but there needs to be something that doesn't keep everyone on their sinking islands in the stream. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

Servers used to get some reward before the mega server. Back to my broken record, we should have some form of open world pvp, but if not that then Alliances should have been designed to incorporate all of the game modes, giving emergent and active or temporary rewards in open world or other game modes depending on specific activity or encounters in other game modes. 

Then me as an alliance leader could say, we're going to hit up this encounter in WvW for like an hour or two so our peoples in this other map or game mode get this specific reward along with us for a residual amount of time. And likewise there could be mechanics in the pve and other game mode maps that could reward players in the WvW map for a residual amount of time. Then Alliances could schedule or plan actual objectives or campaigns that ties the game and playerbase together more. 

I'd rather just have flagged open world pvp while I explore and gather stuff or for more interesting longer form fights but there needs to be something that doesn't keep everyone on their sinking islands in the stream. 

I forgot about that because it's been so many years since the chance😂

But yeah some of those suggestions would be interesting. Though I don't think flagged pvp would work well in gw2 and tends to breed more toxicity. 

There are many interesting designs that can and have been used but it depends largely on player uptake. Which in many of those games often died down for whatever reason. 

52 minutes ago, Serephen.3420 said:

I forgot about that because it's been so many years since the chance😂

But yeah some of those suggestions would be interesting. Though I don't think flagged pvp would work well in gw2 and tends to breed more toxicity. 

There are many interesting designs that can and have been used but it depends largely on player uptake. Which in many of those games often died down for whatever reason. 

It's flagged. It would breed no more toxicity than Starwars Galaxies. At the most someone would grumble because they didn't want to get flagged so they'd have to watch their npcs getting killed. What faction activity did do was spread activity around, including to maps that would otherwise be almost entirely empty and got people to hang out and interact. No one had to take part but the maps felt more lived in or like an actual game world instead of a few game lobbies that don't talk to each other. It also got our pvpers, crafters, and everyone interacting more and talking to each other, especially within guild.

3 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

It's flagged. It would breed no more toxicity than Starwars Galaxies. At the most someone would grumble because they didn't want to get flagged so they'd have to watch their npcs getting killed. What faction activity did do was spread activity around, including to maps that would otherwise be almost entirely empty and got people to hang out and interact. No one had to take part but the maps felt more lived in or like an actual game world instead of a few game lobbies that don't talk to each other. It also got our pvpers, crafters, and everyone interacting more and talking to each other, especially within guild.

Someone who played new world told me flagged pvp was a selling point that many people were hyped about. When the game came out they found themselves to be one of the few flagged for pvp.

1 hour ago, Justine.6351 said:

Someone who played new world told me flagged pvp was a selling point that many people were hyped about. When the game came out they found themselves to be one of the few flagged for pvp.

Well there's your problem.

WvW game play = Server/Guild community 50% Gift of Battle and Legendary Stuff AP things 40% killing/bullying enemies 10%. So If anet gives us server/guild pride thing, build and satisfy community social thing then 50% will be happy. Taking objects and killing players are not main reason to play WvW for most players.

35 minutes ago, pukish.5784 said:

WvW game play = Server/Guild community 50% Gift of Battle and Legendary Stuff AP things 40% killing/bullying enemies 10%. So If anet gives us server/guild pride thing, build and satisfy community social thing then 50% will be happy. Taking objects and killing players are not main reason to play WvW for most players.

I think the problem is still there in part, I mean in wvw with alliances it will be less of a problem because there is more people, but it will still be like pvp or actual wvw, lots of people that is there only for the rewards not contributing, destroying the fun of the ppl that enjoy the game mode. There is not way to excuse to destoy people's fun just because you placed a reward system that encourages people to literally do nothing and stay afk.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 7:50 AM, Serephen.3420 said:

Pretty sure that uses to exist. I think there were various boosts and I don't remember exactly how they worked but doing things in WvW got bonuses for your server in PvE.

9 minutes ago, Littlekenny.4196 said:

Pretty sure that uses to exist. I think there were various boosts and I don't remember exactly how they worked but doing things in WvW got bonuses for your server in PvE.

You could bring up the WvW dialog in PvE and it listed in detail something like 15-ish bonuses with multiple tiers that your world got, and because of that alot more players participated in WvW because it gave better loot in PvE, and it was removed primarily due to the megaserver system.

It had to be done, the game couldn't survive the population being spread across 24(?) servers in NA in PvE, but it also sucks that things had to go that way so the game could have longevity.

EoTM had to be added as an overflow map precisely because WvW was so popular that maps were queued almost all the time on the higher tiers, and this was before tier merging and world linking even. I think the enhanced rewards had alot to do with it. They tried to replace it with the skirmish system but they forgot to account for inflation--the skirmish rewards are appropriate for like 2012 and not for the year it was introduced in, and especially not now when you get over twice the gold in PvE without even trying.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1