Sparkfly Fens

I haven't finished the map yet, but the "Area Goals" keep telling me to go to Maelstrom. I go through the Asura gate to Maelstrom and it immediately tells me to go back to the Fens. I'm having to search for renown hearts and scouts myself since the goals are either "go to maelstrom" or "participate in events" which seem neverending.. Btw, is Sparkfly Fens supposed to be so difficult? I have died more on this map than all the other ones put together.

I'm not sure. It's what's listed in the upper right hand corner. It'll say something like speak to this renown heart. Or participate in this event. It'll have an arrow to guide you as you move. It's just weird that I've never had it tell me to go to another map before I've finished where I am currently, meaning doing all the things required in that map. And seriously, I die about every 5 minutes. It's like I'm level 1 trying to play in a level 80 game. Something just seems off to me.

Thanks! I'm level 80 on one character and the current one I'm talking about is 57.

Last night I was playing and had a Risen right in front of me. I was using a bow and it kept saying my hits were "glancing". Within seconds, my health was gone. I've not had this experience with any other map.

Well, Sparkfly Fen is a level 55 - 65 zone, so if you were only level 57 and trying to complete it, you'd be quickly running into enemies many levels above you...leading to you dying a lot. (I went through the same thing a little while ago, trying to level my thief. The amount of backtracking I did because I kept running into higher-level areas in the Fen...ouch.)