Year since last PvE bonus event.

57 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Sooo, its been a year since the last pve bonus event. Like World Boss Rush, Mystic benefactor, Fractal Rush, Meta-event rush. 

Forgotten content or will it return?

(P.S. also EoD still has only 2 guildhall decorations..)

It’s been 5 years since they talked about doing world restructuring.  Welcome to the club.

Says something that PVE is upset when they have to ‘wait’ a year.  😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 10

12 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

....?

What if I told you they're both valid complaints?

You are allowed to complain about something, even if there is something worse out there. Like, you can say you're hungry even though there are people starving in the world.

It's been too long since the last bonus events, they're fun, it'd be nice to see more.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

13 hours ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

Absolutely! Jk. That's 1 WvW player. That being said, being ignored that long can weigh on you. Also the speed at which things have gone have caused some to get really nervous. 

I sympathize with both of you. It is annoying if you're a PVE player to see that, on the other hand, WvW players are experiencing deep pain, with a glimmer of hope with this upcoming beta.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

It’s been 5 years since they talked about doing world restructuring.  Welcome to the club.

Says something that PVE is upset when they have to ‘wait’ a year.  😉

Oh i completely agree with you on that @Strider Pj.2193. I was one of the people belonging to the wvw wait club. But i kinda gave up on my hope for any big wvw updates. I know its bad, because im normaly very positive about any gw2 content. Seeing the last post about world restructuring, i am like. "Yeah sure, could be another 2 years or something" .

As for these bonus events, it is finished content. For me it feels like its just an "on and off switch". Its there.. its in the code. Why not use something which is already ingame? 

• Like 3

As I said in a previous post, I still don't understand why these events aren't automated. They need to all be brought back as permanent, repeating and rotating content like the festivals were.

There should be something new (old) to do every week.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

As I said in a previous post, I still don't understand why these events aren't automated. They need to all be brought back as permanent, repeating and rotating content like the festivals were.

There should be something new (old) to do every week.

Because they probably don't want those events to overlap with others, including new releases.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Because they probably don't want those events to overlap with others, including new releases.

I would think that, if they can be automated, the automation could be coded to check to see if another release is active before activating an event. Or the automated even rotation could have a manual kill switch so that an ANet employee could turn it off during a period covered by another event or release.

I think it would be a nice bit of a spark to have these events active more frequently and consistently. Not the end of the world if not, but nice to have.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I would think that, if they can be automated, the automation could be coded to check to see if another release is active before activating an event. Or the automated even rotation could have a manual kill switch so that an ANet employee could turn it off during a period covered by another event or release.

I think it would be a nice bit of a spark to have these events active more frequently and consistently. Not the end of the world if not, but nice to have.

Then why do it when they can already just do it manually whenever they actually want to?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

26 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Then why do it when they can already just do it manually whenever they actually want to?

Perhaps because the manual killswitch mentioned wouldnt need to be used all that often (there are very few releases that an automated event would interfere with) and perhaps because some effort is needed to turn it on manually and this could be made easier.

Of course all of that is from the point of view of wanting such events to occur more frequently. If Anet prefers for such events to be rare then coding automation might be wasted resources. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Perhaps because the manual killswitch mentioned wouldnt need to be used all that often (there are very few releases that an automated event would interfere with) and perhaps because some effort is needed to turn it on manually and this could be made easier.

It's interesting that you're so sure of that, but I'm pretty sure the releases, re-realises and even the annual events are still on more-or-less moving schedule and not entirely consistent dates. Knowing that, I wouldn't be so adamant in saying that manual killswitch wouldn't need to be used that often.

Not only that but...

5 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Of course all of that is from the point of view of wanting such events to occur more frequently. If Anet prefers for such events to be rare then coding automation might be wasted resources. 

...it's still not as much about "just fitting them in whenver possible" as it is about those events appearing exactly when they want them to, fitting in with their other plans.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I hope they have some upcoming.  I really enjoy them and nice incentive to encourage people to maybe try new areas of play or participate in events that normally are a little empty.  If not this year, with the expansion, revised LWS1, and other things on their plate, then hopefully early next year we can see some.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Kaliwenda.3428 said:

Yeah, I really like the World Boss Rush, lots of fun chatting with people while we wait.  I hope we get one soon.

It really is fun, lots of really enjoyable trains to run with who do fun things between bosses, and some nice extra loots too!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

It really is fun, lots of really enjoyable trains to run with who do fun things between bosses, and some nice extra loots too!

The extra loot is probably why this isn't on a fixed schedule.  It might adversely affect the in-game economy with an annual influx of extra loot. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, kharmin.7683 said:

The extra loot is probably why this isn't on a fixed schedule.  It might adversely affect the in-game economy with an annual influx of extra loot. 

Oh that's an interesting point!  Lol "might"...yehhhhh.  I could see that being the reasoning though.  I tend to hoard my mats for the most part, so don't consider the economic factors.

1 hour ago, Izzy.2951 said:

I havent tried any of these, are they fun? also why arent they in a automated rotation?

Fractal and world boss rushes are fun, imo.  I also enjoy the WvW ones. They bring a lot of people to them, it's a great time for newer players to give things a try.  They offer extra rewards.  Nice way to knock out some achievements or that kind of thing. 

They last a week, and it's just not a rotation thing.  The year isn't over, but they may decide to skip them this year just because of the ongoing content already.   It's been more of an annual event, not a set time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

You might want to reread what I posted. The use of the word, "perhaps," is an indication of a lack of certainty. Conjecture.

That's not how I understood it based on the construction of your sentence, but I guess it was my misunderstanding.

In that case it's fairly safe to assume that you don't need to be guessing whether or not "it would be easier", since if it would be easier, chances are they would already make it like that. So perhaps it's not automated because it's not easier that way at all. 😉

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's not how I understood it based on the construction of your sentence, but I guess it was my misunderstanding.

In that case it's fairly safe to assume that you don't need to be guessing whether or not "it would be easier", since if it would be easier, chances are they would already make it like that. So perhaps it's not automated because it's not easier that way at all.

Part of my conjecture in this thread was the idea that it might not be automated, not be cause it wouldnt be easy or readily done, but because ANet doesnt want to do it for other reasons entirely. Speeding up progress towards in game goals too much for large numbers of players, on a more frequent basis, could cause retention problems for all we know. Then there is the possibility that being "easy" doesnt necessarily move a particular project to the head of the development line. Some of the recent QoL changes, such as the repair anvil, were described as quick changes fit into small amounts of unbudgeted dev time....and were implemented years later than they could have been. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Part of my conjecture in this thread was the idea that it might not be automated, not be cause it wouldnt be easy or readily done, but because ANet doesnt want to do it for other reasons entirely. Speeding up progress towards in game goals too much for large numbers of players, on a more frequent basis, could cause retention problems for all we know. Then there is the possibility that being "easy" doesnt necessarily move a particular project to the head of the development line. Some of the recent QoL changes, such as the repair anvil, were described as quick changes fit into small amounts of unbudgeted dev time....and were implemented years later than they could have been. 

btw. if the whole issue with acknowledging what I wrote in the previous post was with me misunderstanding the wording and saying "you're sure about it" then here's an easy fix:

It's interesting you're so sure of  thinking that, but I'm pretty sure the releases, re-realises and even the annual events are still on more-or-less moving schedule and not entirely consistent dates. Knowing that, I wouldn't be so adamant in saying reasonably suspect that manual killswitch wouldn't need to be used that often.

What you wrote in this response is closer to what I think and what I said in the second part of the same post (...it's still not as much about "just fitting them in whenver possible" as it is about those events appearing exactly when they want them to, fitting in with their other plans.), so I don't think I have much more to say about it right now.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2