Year since last PvE bonus event.

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What you wrote in this response is closer to what I think

It is also, largely, just a repeat of what Ive been getting at all along. I've been "adamant" about nothing here because all we can do is speculats as we have no statement from the only people who could possibly know for sure. So, we speculate. We discuss possibilities, We express desires and preferences in the absence of information as to the feasibility of the suggestions. And ANet decides what they are going to do. As they should.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

It is also, largely, just a repeat of what Ive been getting at all along. I've been "adamant" about nothing here because all we can do is speculats as we have no statement from the only people who could possibly know for sure. So, we speculate. We discuss possibilities, We express desires and preferences in the absence of information as to the feasibility of the suggestions. And ANet decides what they are going to do. As they should.

Not really since you were clearly suspecting it would just be easier to automate, which is what I commented on and you keep avoiding even now, for whatever reason. 😄  It's not "discussing possibilities" if you throw an idea/reasoning, get a response to it and then consistently avoid it by sticking to repeating "I didn't say I was sure of it". I already acknowledged that, no amount of repeating "didn't say I was sure!" will make me somehow acknowledge it more. The point I made there -and you're avoiding here- still stands, even if you were not sure about what you've said.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

I thought these events were just random filler for when Anet couldn't regularly schedule actual releases. I'm surprised anyone liked them enough to care that we didn't get them this year.

We've got the Festival of Four Winds starting soon so I think it's unlikely they'll do them any time soon, but maybe if they don't have any activities planned for the anniversary they could throw these in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

It really is fun, lots of really enjoyable trains to run with who do fun things between bosses, and some nice extra loots too!

I remember during the last one I was finally able to get an achievement on the Shatterer that I hadn't been able to get till then, and it let me get the branded spark backpack that I'd been wanting for a long time. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I thought these events were just random filler for when Anet couldn't regularly schedule actual releases. I'm surprised anyone liked them enough to care that we didn't get them this year.

We've got the Festival of Four Winds starting soon so I think it's unlikely they'll do them any time soon, but maybe if they don't have any activities planned for the anniversary they could throw these in. 

Well I did buy the world boss portal device specifically to run the Boss Rush last time, so they made a gem sale off me at least 🙂  I still use the portal to get to the bosses especially when they come up for the dailies

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

This threads a bit confusing with the missing posts, but yes I agree, where are the special events at? Last years Fractal event was like the last time I did Fractals, it was a cool incentive to do them, has it really been that long? Why don't they happen more often? 

They really should put these special events on a proper rotation, and include the wvw one too as honestly, the double wvw weeks are what the baseline should be for gains, it takes way too long to gain wvw ranks outside of blobbing for a few good years all day long with all the buffs on the entire time. (the best was that time with the other bonus, could hit 500+ reward track per tick). 

Really surprised they've kept it this long without giving us more of them. Its like they really want the tenth anniversary of this game to be known as the worst time to play with no bonuses for actually playing or being a veteran for some reason. 

• Confused 2