This being carried by arenanet boon spamming is ridiculous

The first round of damage nerfs were understandable but when they touched Scourched Earth on the lowly Berserker things got pretty absurd.  Why not let a rarely used class which has to deal with projectile hate and the adrenaline mechanic do some damage? There are too many newbie guild groups that want to stand in AOEs and feel that pug clouds are too strong, while good commanders and guilds can stay mobile and nullify most of the AOE damage.

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Cuz the TTK is already godawfulslow. We need more Damage, not less.

... then doesnt that mean that we should buff condition damage to do more dps over shorter time, unlike what Anet did a few years ago by doubling TTK for conditions with the "half the stacks twice the duration" patch?

I'm confused with what you want.

12 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

... then doesnt that mean that we should buff condition damage to do more dps over shorter time, unlike what Anet did a few years ago by doubling TTK for conditions with the "half the stacks twice the duration" patch?

I'm confused with what you want.

A-net should delete conditions though, I'm kinda tired of this forced compensation for lack of magic damage via conditions.

On 7/31/2022 at 3:43 PM, yavi.3105 said:

Your group is supposed to do damage to the other group. It is a large scale combat mode. If you want to do 1v1s there is another game mode for that.

SPvP is more broken than WvW. The only reason anyone bothers with it is the rewards (or their legendaries), which is why it's full of bots and players who quit halfway through the match because they're on the losing team. The blobs in WvW may be full of players who offer nothing to the actual fight other than being cannon fodder, but at least they're real people. Whether you want 80v80 fights or 1v1 fights, WvW is the ONLY game-mode that is actually viable anymore for pvp.

On 8/1/2022 at 4:23 PM, yavi.3105 said:

Why would every class need to do everything? Just choose the right tool for the job, you can have more than 1 character.

Because EVERY class now has massive amounts of both active and passive boon spam, thus EVERY class should have some form of boon strip.

On 8/1/2022 at 4:23 PM, yavi.3105 said:

I dislike roaming very much, but I also think there is value in it IF you like small scale fighting.

Translation: I need other players to carry me.

On 8/1/2022 at 7:35 AM, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Imagine if there was an actual counter to boonballs other than a bigger boonball. I know, what if spellbreaker bubble got buffed so it prevented boon application entirely? That would be a good start...

Make that apply to Null Field too please!

15 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

SPvP is more broken than WvW. The only reason anyone bothers with it is the rewards (or their legendaries), which is why it's full of bots

this is so 2021^^

there are very few bots currently.

The only bots you will see on a regular are low gold players that for some reason are matched against P2´s

the balancing is also a MILE better than WvW currently.  i say this as someone that HATES pvp but LOVES wvw.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

the balancing is also a MILE better than WvW currently.  i say this as someone that HATES pvp but LOVES wvw.

They intentionally balance WvW like poop.

I wish SPvP and WvW were 1:1 balance, instead of the trash can balancing WvW gets while SPvP is legit fun to play classes in, just an unfun game mode.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/1/2022 at 11:38 AM, Crazy.6029 said:

I dislike the boon ball very much, but I also think that there is value in it IF you are trying to attract a new player. 

If a new player comes in and is like hey what's this WvW thing all about, there is like 100 + ways to get stomped, burned, bleed, finished, kicked, pulled ...etc...  just trying to do something as simple as flipping a camp.  So, I can see how the boon ball benefits new players. This way they can come in, join a tag, and basically get carried while also making contributions. In other words, THEY get to LIVE for a while.

I don't think this is true.

If newbies roll up to a fight ungrouped, or don't stick to the tag very well, they're getting fairly little boon coverage and healing. They're also probably not coordinating their bursts — so the end result is that the enemy army just shrugs off their attacks and then they explode the second anyone looks at them funny.

Edited by ASP.8093
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

They intentionally balance WvW like poop.

I wish SPvP and WvW were 1:1 balance, instead of the trash can balancing WvW gets while SPvP is legit fun to play classes in, just an unfun game mode.

Anet developers cant balance 1:1,  they lack the skill crafting towards that recipe, but that 's not alone  the main objective is to make a game where the worst  player will feel good and wont notice how carried it is trough content, reason pvp comunity tends to be more agressive towards balance yet there are some pve players that think they were good cause they were playing bit broken builds, Anet needs to end segregating one or another.

But WvW It's a game mode to where low skilled pve players  can farm and have a easi pvp life, builds carry and that's what this game is ment to be, being whatever gamemode, altough i would discuss that comunity being quite brutal on requiring balance towards spvp wich is something that dev's always avoid unless theres a comotion to it.

WvW in a nutshell:

-> low effort easy to achive all perma boons: check.

-> Lots vs few: Check.

-> pvd with no defenders or 5 defenders at max: check.

-> the side i play has a zerg: check.

-> we wining? we must be good: check.

Anet reasoning: seams wvw is  working well.

TDLR: Boon ball is how players need to start playing wvw and if figthing no players the better, that's how i feel Anet has been enforcing the game to be played.

IF people want change, stop recaping when u have no players to hold structures.. stop making content for the zerg  to pvd back.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

this is so 2021^^

there are very few bots currently.

The only bots you will see on a regular are low gold players that for some reason are matched against P2´s

To be fair I gave up on SPvP in 2020, so a year before 2021. But I heard the same complaints from other players long after I left, so it was reasonable to assume that it had continued.  I also notice that you didn't mention the problematic quitters. If one player on the losing side in WvW quits, it barely affects the outcome, if at all. If one player quits in SPvP, it all but guarantees the outcome of the match. Considering my comment was made towards someone who said players who want small scale or 1v1 fights should go to SPvP, I maintain that WvW is far better than SPvP, whether you like small scale or large scale player vs player combat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/3/2022 at 6:14 PM, Ronin.4501 said:

Translation: I need other players to carry me.

Well, yes, while I carry them. It is a team thing u know? Must be a sad life to be such a tryhard.

I maintain that WvW is far better than SPvP, whether you like small scale or large scale player vs player combat.

That is a problem i can see and agree with.
But changing WvW into sPVP but large is not the answer to anything.

Edited by yavi.3105
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

BWAHAHAHAH go to et bl tonight and run into BBC, anets favorite boon ballers, they run over the enemy like paper, then park out at spawn waiting to get fights, but no one wants to fight them lmao.

Go to ebg, and it's penguin farming in and out of mendons, nice to see the boon baller stack to train farm T4. Of course they get fed over and over and over again. 🤣

So exciting and competitive, boon ball vs lemmings, 10 gankers vs 1 roamer, 2 meta specs vs 34.

/slow clap

Don't worry gais world restructuring will fix everything. 🤭

• Like 4

On 8/4/2022 at 10:36 AM, Aeolus.3615 said:

Anet developers cant balance 1:1, 

I meant WvW and PvP using the exact same balancing.

On 8/7/2022 at 9:18 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Don't worry gais world restructuring will fix everything. 🤭

Steam release will give the catered to boonball guilds fresh meat to farm for a few weeks before they all quit, too!

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

I meant WvW and PvP using the exact same balancing.

Steam release will give the catered to boonball guilds fresh meat to farm for a few weeks before they all quit, too!

WvW and pvp balance cant be the same,  the stats system is not the same in 1st place, and balance for WvW is ment to carry way way more than in spvp, pve is already very idiotic and only played by lamers who cant play w/o being carried by perma boons and that's what Anet belives wvw should be close to  as well since Anet see wvw as part of pve structure, note that WvW is as much perma all boon mentality as much pve is, cause that is what Anet enforces for carry.

Anet has increased boons in WvW to enforce the same mentality that happens in pve, gw2 has become a awfull game in terms of combat, but its what the dev envisioned.

Edit: for wvw to be balanced as spvp should use the same stat system and the trinkets removed from spvp should be also be removed from wvw, and on zerg gameplay game would favor condi bunker builds more than anything else since its a zerg gameplay,  game would change from being broken to another broken state, nothing more.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

As I said before and will again, there is no way to balance WvW since it could be 1v1, , 1v1v1, 1v2, 1v6v20, 50v50v50 or any combo. The best we can watch for are outliners that are used by the masses that are outperforming for everyone. sPvP system is fine in sPvP but create a match where 5 would need to fight 10 and then it wouldn't as well.

WvW in Gw 2 has become the same clown fiesta like in ESO. There you have immortal boonballs stomping for hours. Has nothing to do with skill or fun. Most of them dispand after a couple of months. Why does every Dev force this bad bad gameplay?

Zerk meta had more skill than this fart we have now.

This is why so many MMO fail today.  Every MMO the same boring Gameplay like all other trillions of mmos. Because the devs listen to those hoppers who want the same boring gameplay mmos had in the 90s.

Edited by Yunari.9065
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Yunari.9065 said:

WvW in Gw 2 has become the same clown fiesta like in ESO. There you have immortal boonballs stomping for hours. Has nothing to do with skill or fun. Most of them dispand after a couple of months. Why does every Dev force this bad bad gameplay?

Zerk meta had more skill than this fart we have now.

This is why so many MMO fail today.  Every MMO the same boring Gameplay like all other trillions of mmos. Because the devs listen to those hoppers who want the same boring gameplay mmos had in the 90s.

People actually die in Classic WOW(and retail) so IDK about that.

Edited by Kozumi.5816