Please ANet an alternative to Firebrand in Squad gameplay in WvWvW

I think most would agree, Firebrand is a must in WvWvW because of the stability application but it is a dead boring class (Scrapper is a must class also but I enjoy it because it is such a multi task class, when to heal, when to cleanse, when to utility, etc)...

While it is so boring and supporting is unrewarding, most the time nobody wants to play it and lots of people are stuck in Firebrand cage.

At the moment, unfortunately  there is no class that can pump nearly that much stability for the squad, there is one that can pump personally D/D Catalyst but it has no possibility to share it with the squad, so what do you think about, Staunch Auras to be transferrable with Powerful Auras? If you don't want to give out of the box, you can couple with it Spectacular Sphere, so Catalyst would have to definitely have to go for Boon Support role (it can still not match the Stab stack output of the Firebrand but squad would have permanent Stab specially if Spectacular Sphere can increase the stab boon duration or may in WvWvW it would give 2 stab stack instead 1 compared to the windows that Firebrand is out of stability cooldowns). Or combining a Support Catalyst and Offensive Catalyst in one party you can have enough stability for the squad, at least an option that we don't have to have a Firebrand.

This way instead of having a boring class like Firebrand, we would have Catalyst that is always looking for Combo fields for its Combo finisher all the time.

What do you think?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, posthumecaver.6473 said:

I think most would agree, Firebrand is a must in WvWvW because of the stability application but it is a dead boring class (Scrapper is a must class also but I enjoy it because it is such a multi task class, when to heal, when to cleanse, when to utility, etc)...

While it is so boring and supporting is unrewarding, most the time nobody wants to play it and lots of people are stuck in Firebrand cage.

At the moment, unfortunately  there is no class that can pump nearly that much stability for the squad, there is one that can pump personally D/D Catalyst but it has no possibility to share it with the squad, so what do you think about, Staunch Auras to be transferrable with Powerful Auras? If you don't want to give out of the box, you can couple with it Spectacular Sphere, so Catalyst would have to definitely have to go for Boon Support role (it can still not match the Stab stack output of the Firebrand but squad would have permanent Stab specially if Spectacular Sphere can increase the stab boon duration or may in WvWvW it would give 2 stab stack instead 1 compared to the windows that Firebrand is out of stability cooldowns). Or combining a Support Catalyst and Offensive Catalyst in one party you can have enough stability for the squad, at least an option that we don't have to have a Firebrand.

This way instead of having a boring class like Firebrand, we would have Catalyst that is always looking for Combo fields for its Combo finisher all the time.

What do you think?

or...... we try and get stability on one of the currently viable supports, instead of forcing Catalyst into a support role.

Tempest: Harmonious conduit now Shares the stability during a overload with your partymembers. WvW only

Transcendent Tempest. Removed the old utility. This Trait now grants 1 stack of stabiltiy for 5 seconds after a overload. WvW only(this trait is major garbage since they introduced alac anyways. Trait reduces time to overload by 30%... but alac does the same for 25% AND for the other skills AND it shares this buff.... Transcendent tempest is kind of dead content right now)

etvoila! Permanentstability on a already existing largescale supporter.

They could absolutely do this. You would either have to trade your Alacrity or your healingoutput for it, thus making it a good tradeoff. But make sure to keep it  "WvW only". Tempest in pvp is already alot stronger due to it having higher Coeffs in pvp... because of....reasons.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Since EoD has dropped, as an Elementalist main I still await for news about 3rd elite specialization. Since first beta, we, players, have been testing some core Elementalist with junk F5 well. I slowly start to lose faith that one day we'll get properly working elite specialization that actually alters our gameplay on core level as it is for Necromancer class. (◞д◟)
After many years of being in downed state and having to use a leftovers like Tempest and Weaver, I also lose strength and desire to keep playing this game when "The Blue Child of Destiny" gets more often upgrades than I restock my fridge. (。•́︿•̀。)
Even so, many people falsely believe in delusional prophiecies: "Bring them to the level of The Blue Child! Give them more upgrades! It'll fix all the world problems!", but in reality it'll destroy already fragile, non-existential balance between Core and their corresponding Upgrades. (༎ຶ︿༎ຶ)
The differences widen with each passing day, while our lord and saviour A-net refuses to lift a finger, unless you use specific words that may hurt someones emotions, then you'll get expelled from the world within hours. I, as a master of wet noodle damage and paper defenses say, that we already have enough tools, but these require skill and thought, which not many posses this day and time, a shame it is truly one and future will be in much worse state. ( ´•̥̥̥ o•̥̥̥`)
I propose to bring justice from the heavens and nerf "The Blue Child of Destiny", since it has brought nothing more than pure destruction upon this lands together with others! We heed and call upon our lord and saviour A-net to bring back a skill and thought to these lands once again, so that player mistake will bring their fall and their exploits of enemy mistakes will bring them victory! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

tl;dr
No, nerf Firebrand to the ground, there's enough stability. Nerf boons and conditions to the ground. Give Elementalist true elite specialization atleast once in freaking 10 years, I'm tired of this Tempest and Weaver that aren't even close to scratching their true potential. Catalyst doesn't exist, it's core + field.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1