Gold making

What methods do you use, and how do you go about it? I know that "you can make money doing anything" but I'm curious what everyone does specifically. Want to see if there is a trend. Sorry if this topic has been done to death.

My method is just doing random stuff and gaining money becacuse I'm full "oh look a shiny, time to change my entire day plan around the shiny".

Making gold is not the problem. I just do metas mostly LW4 and 5 (Dragonfall, Drizzlewood). Also fishing is very relaxing and lucrative. 😄

Keeping and accumulating gold on the other hand... they keep releasing those pesky outfits which require my gold for gem exchange... 😒

Fortunately there are enough different activities that you can bounce around a bit and not burn yourself working something that may not be as enjoyable... you are right, this topic comes up so often; you can find another extensive thread just a few posts down... Might be nice to have all of those topics merged and pinned at the top of this forum for easy, consolidated access...

4 hours ago, StabbersTheThird.6053 said:

What methods do you use, and how do you go about it? I know that "you can make money doing anything" but I'm curious what everyone does specifically. Want to see if there is a trend. Sorry if this topic has been done to death.

My method is just doing random stuff and gaining money becacuse I'm full "oh look a shiny, time to change my entire day plan around the shiny".

Dailies: 2 gold coins.

Mining quartz with 12 of my 16 characters parked: ~4 gold coins.

Playing ranked PvP: 5+ gold coins x hour (that's once I reach the bizantium chest and keeping at least a 50/50 w/l ratio).

Soloing most of HoT HPs: ~4 gold coints in ~35 minutes.

Mining 5 rich ores of orichalcum in a fast path in the PoF maps: currently ~2 gold coins x run (which takes ~6 minutes), but becomes very tedious once you past 500 runs...

Choping wood at Siren's Landing: ~60 silver coins in 7 minutes.

Harvesting crops with volatile magic sickles in the best maps of the game: currently testing this one, but so far seems promising.

Farming Dragonfall (main event, side quests, farming mobs in the peaks): also on test currently.

Disclaimer: I don't do all of that each day; it depends on mood and time available. I've reached ~60 gc at most playing a whole Saturday (when quartz and oricahlcum prices were way higher last summer) but usually I get 5 to 10 gold coins x day playing less than an hour.

4 hours ago, Sarius.9285 said:

just doing weekly raids, eod strikes and sometimes daily Dragonstorm, Dragons End or fractals 

I'm also doing the 3 Dailies for 2g, weekly Strike CMs and Dailies, a daily Dragonstorm if i the mood (I hate that instance but still need the right eye infusion 😄), Dragon's End about twice a week, the occasional T4 Fractals + Recs, or a daily TD and Tarir meta run, preceeded by the Pinata and the Ley-Line Anomaly (for the Mystic Coin), followed by the occasional Death-Branded Shatterer.

Those things are all still quite lucrative. The stacks of green unidentified gear alone that I accumulate from those activities pay off nicely on the TP.

And yes, using certain glyphs on gathering tools does pay off as well. The daily home instance farm run is also a nice bonus.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have most of my toons camped at that one place at the top-right of desert highlands.  There's a lot of chests there that give a lot of trade contracts, alongside of unids.  There's frequently packages there to loot, an ori node to mine, and the ghosts drop tier 5 and tier 6 dusts quite regularly.

I don't know how much gold this place gives, because I'm currently not selling my loot.  However, I am very frequently full on materials, where I'll sell a stack for a few gold each.  

• Like 1

There's a few things i try to do most days;

Dailies for 2g per 10 mins (maybe longer for wvw)

My own routine of ley-line anomaly-> Chak gerent-> Tarir/AB meta-> Dragonstorm (takes about an hour)

Home instance gathering makes around 1g plus lots of unbound and volatile magic (i use volatile magic glyphs and consume all the winterberries/bloodstone/jade fragments etc as i have 1500 of each in mat storage). I have 2 garden plots with kale making about 30s in a minute.

I sell rares and exotics i get from blue and green unidentified bags whilst salvaging the rest with copper-fed salvage-o-matic.

I make the account-bound daily mats (lump of mithrillium, charged quartz in home instance etc) for use in asc ingredients to sell, such as elonian leather.

There's a couple of other things too, such as two raiding sessions a week with my static and I have an old account with +++ to gold bonus from monthly achievements. If you're in a high-enough level guild you can 'buy' a gold boost from the potion vendor and you can buy heroes/gold find/magic find banners also. Having reduced waypoint costs saves gold you'd otherwise lose.

• Thanks 1

I can rarely do strikes, fractals or other instanced group content, so I have to fall back on open world. I can't say I am rich, but it is a decent enough cash flow for my needs.

Dailies (0-2 WvW + rest in PvE)

Harvesting a lot of the resource nodes I pass by with my Infinite Volatile Magic gathering tools. Using the volatile magic to buy Trophy Shipments.

Selling material storage overflow.

Very rarely crafting and selling Jewelled Damask Patch, Jeweled Deldrimor Steel Plated Dowel or most profitable restored boreal weapon when I am really flush in materials.

As to how I get large amounts of materials, I prefer to do open world metas. I especially like Octovine, Palawadan, Dragonfall and Drizzlewood Coast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

always depends for me...

The usual suspects:

1. Metas (VB, Chak, Tarir, Pinata, Palawadan, GH)
  2. A world boss here and there if i am in the mood (e.g. Teqtl)
  3. Relaxed farm routes (like Bjora Marches)
  4. Daily Routines (VM routes, pact agents and such) + Alt Looting
  5. CMs + T4 fractals
  6. Raid FC once a week
  7. Some Strikes (IBS + EOD) about every 2-3 days maybe

If i need money fast:

1. T4 aetherblade farm (i own "fractal god" so its a lot of gold for me /hour)

Some long term projects and rather less known farm routes. (for the bigger stonks 😉 )

Greetings

TheCypher

Edited by theCypher.9406
  • Like 1

The only things I regularly do are gathering from the home instance and guild hall nodes and occasional dailies (not every day, only if I feel like it). But I'll also gather from most the nodes I'm passing even if I don't need that material and I refine them when I hit the storage cap, which means periodically when I want extra gold I can go through my materials for anything I have a lot of and don't need and sell it. The individual materials may not be worth much but it adds up quickly. (I have minimum amounts for each material and only sell what I have over that, so I don't accidentally sell something I need.)

When I need more gold I either try to combine it with other farming, like doing Dragon's Stand because I always need crystalline ore, or I go around a variety of activities because doing anything too often gets boring for me and then I just keep putting it off.

• Like 1