2 masteries full straight after buying HoT&PoF, was this normal?

Just curious whether this was normal or not. I played as a F2P for a little over a week and bought the two expansions yesterday, after playing on level 80 for a few days, and already had Pact Mentor and Follows Advice ready to master, even though the wiki gave me the idea the XP just goes for spirit shards while F2P.

I'm kinda paranoid about bugs and getting screwed over or something.

I think the way it works now is once you get to level 80 any XP you earn will go into masteries even though you can't use them, so that it's not wasted and anything you've earned before buying the expansions is credited to you when you do. But I'm not completely sure as I haven't checked it myself.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, feel better now. Something that didn't last long as I managed to get into a public Dragonstorm instance, clear all events and get a mastery point with all that XP, and use it... Without having Icebrood Saga unlocked? Heh not sure how usual that is as some people were surprised when I told them this...

9 hours ago, Rodrigo.2789 said:

Thanks, feel better now. Something that didn't last long as I managed to get into a public Dragonstorm instance, clear all events and get a mastery point with all that XP, and use it... Without having Icebrood Saga unlocked? Heh not sure how usual that is as some people were surprised when I told them this...

Are you sure this isn't an older account you just didn't play, but logged into a few times? That unlocks any Living World episode that was currently live, even if you didn't play the game.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

I think it fills up the next ones (though you can't access them yet) of each mastery line. Meaning ... 3 or so for the core masteries. But only the first step since the 2nd and later steps can only gain experience once the first step is mastered (points spent). That is at least how I remember it from when I started with masteries in 2020 or so - at least for one mastery line and 1 step.

Maybe they changed it so more experience will flow over - before it goes to spirit shards. For people that have not masteries unlocked yet.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Are you sure this isn't an older account you just didn't play, but logged into a few times? That unlocks any Living World episode that was currently live, even if you didn't play the game.

I am extremely sure, as I created this account roughly 1 and a half weeks ago, and even checked the story journal just to make sure, and no LW episodes are unlocked (except LW1 of course).

4 minutes ago, Rodrigo.2789 said:

I am extremely sure, as I created this account roughly 1 and a half weeks ago, and even checked the story journal just to make sure, and no LW episodes are unlocked (except LW1 of course).

pretty sure last episode of icebrod saga is still the latest living story episode released so should be unlocked for you.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

pretty sure last episode of icebrod saga is still the latest living story episode released so should be unlocked for you.

Unfortunately the last episode is technically Scarlet's War so that's what I have. All Icebrood Saga episodes have locks on them and need me to buy them...

• Confused 1