7 Seconds Quickness on Double Standards. 5s on Tactis Banner.

DanAlcedo.3281

On summon effects being only rewarded for being inside the summon vicinity dooms this gameplay in WvW. Unless bunkering.

Lack of a Stunbreak in Tactics or Defense makes this worse as you sacrifice a stunbreak for 5 stab stacks on a 30 sec ICD.

Outside the occasional rng drop, area of effect is too small to benefit allies in competetive and as mentioned, lack of active defenses for running banners will not have them see play in PvP either where you are rewarded for different reasons.

As predicted, Anet does not equate competetive modes in these updates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

On summon effects being only rewarded for being inside the summon vicinity dooms this gameplay in WvW. Unless bunkering.

Lack of a Stunbreak in Tactics or Defense makes this worse as you sacrifice a stunbreak for 5 stab stacks on a 30 sec ICD.

Outside the occasional rng drop, area of effect is too small to benefit allies in competetive and as mentioned, lack of active defenses for running banners will not have them see play in PvP either where you are rewarded for different reasons.

As predicted, Anet does not equate competetive modes in these updates.

Lets be serious. Nobody expected that to be playable in WvW. Well it is playbale but... well...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• DanAlcedo.3281 changed the title to 7 Seconds Quickness on Double Standards. 5s on Tactis Banner.

With 100% boon duration Banner of Tactics is 23/30 by itself btw. So you need to take at least two banners even when maxed out, which will likely be Strength and Tactics.

That leaves room for one utility in group comps but its not great. They really should've moved one of the banners to the heal slot, probably Banner of Defense which gives Regeneration.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

With 100% boon duration Banner of Tactics is 23/30 by itself btw. So you need to take at least two banners even when maxed out, which will likely be Strength and Tactics.

That leaves room for one utility in group comps but its not great. They really should've moved one of the banners to the heal slot, probably Banner of Defense which gives Regeneration.

Martial cadence or war horn could fill that gap I think. Not sure running 100% boon duration is the right answer though.

What even confuses people on my post. Wakey wakey, if you are gonna run banners you sacrifice A) Strips as a SpB or B) Shouts as a Support option or C) Selfish survivability tools for wvw.

No amount of boons will make up for the lack of stunbreaks, since warrior cannot work with no stunbreaks due to it's melee nature. Someone is coping hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Its very hard to have any utility even with, I can't imagine trying it without.

I actually see a quick shout heal/tank build as a possibility now. Running war horn in an offhand lot in a set and use might + (shake or the vuln shout).  Now sure it has the throughput though, might need to run defense banner for the regen.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Thoof.5842 said:

I'm in WvW. Tooltip for strength, defense, and discipline banners shows 7s but is only giving 3. Tactics banner is the only one showing the right value.

Sounds like its showing you the pve tool tip. Now granted didn’t test it by actually dropping them myself could be wrong in both game modes 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Its very hard to have any utility even with, I can't imagine trying it without.

Considering the main reason banners were changed and anyone is looking for 100% uptime is for PVE team coverage, having lots of utility isn't really an issue. 

But for fun, here is the starting point for one variant of a PVE quickness team build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKgEcEOw+wFRDAA-zRRYBBBCHNcfHR6KAFPAA-e

I see lots of room for utility if you really want it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

For WvW you cna probably play this 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKAFk0FbYZBMM2HzjRin+06yG-w

If no support exists in a party, a very niche role that loses on not being a Spellbreaker for some personal defense and utility with weapons. Hammer is too offensive for a support in this fighting scale. 

Drop Defense for SpB and Battle Standard for WoD for some area denial and strips at the lack of selfish utility. 

Otherwise current warrior iterations in WvW cannot benefit from the banner changes as they are clunky, immobile and short radius. 

These but with Facets that pulse the boons and flipovers that grant the initial effect will make banners usable in all content. Also add AoE Stunbreak in Banner of Defense, Shake it Off and move Banner of Tactics in the heal skill. 

Then warrior will be 100% Meta capable and comeptetive with other options. 

• Like 2

Apart from the quickness from Double Standards, I feel like Banner of Strength and Banner of Discipline are pretty underwhelming.  

Strength needs to pulse 2 might (10s) every second, not every 3 seconds; otherwise, you are only giving your party 6-8 might..and that's only if they stay in a 360 radius.  Empower Allies does almost the same thing, but doesn't require a banner utility slot and is mobile and has no CD....

Discipline doesn't provide enough bleed to make it useful, and cripple is meh.  Now if it *immobilized* on drop....that could be something.  Also, Fury by itself just isn't very impressive.  I think it needs to do something else, like pulse vulnerability onto enemies, to make it really worth taking. 

The on-drop effects of banner of Defense are excellent, but pulsing regeneration isn't super impactful.  Replacing this with Protection would be amazing, though.

Banner of Tactics is excellent.  Would be nice if it were a stunbreak for the Warrior dropping it, but it's pretty awesome even as it is.  I feel like this is the only one that (and maybe Defense and Battle Standard, of course) that will see consistent use.