Rifle Mech is now 28k DPS with 0 input from the player.

Vekks.6013

49 minutes ago, Anscenic.3268 said:

LI builds =/= NI builds. Press enough buttons =/= Press no buttons.

If there are legitimately "no interactions" then the issue lies with the encounter itself. At the absolute "worst" the interactions required for the so called "AFK AA spam build" are on par with what you have on your average "berserker spin2win build" which is commonly found in many online RPGs. But I'm still kind of impressed how you guys always find, without fail, the most pointless thing to complain about. If "balance" was an actual concern then people should be focused on builds which are more support oriented. Even the visual clutter the mech spam brings along has more validity as a complaint but nope, gotta fake outrage because a niche meme build got a buff that didn't impact the bigger picture at all.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 3

The developers could implement a script that detects a stationary bot farmers and kick them from the game.  If done on a continual basis, then the account should be banned.  I use the Li mech build for casual player use while doing overland content and some WvW but not in fractals or raids.   This was really the last resort elite spec to use everything else got nerfed that I would normally use.  MinionMancer was great until the devs nerfed the health restoration thru minions and blood trait line.  Then the Hearal basically died ..battlescar nerf.   Ele weaver is really meh atm.   Needs staff rework and more health.

It takes investing a lot of time and effort building up a character to participate in any game content.  The casual player is limited and thus will seek the path of least resistance.  In this case, the Mechanist Rifle build.   If the developers revert the nerfs on the above mention classes, I'll probably jump ship on the Li RifleMechanist.  It's really not that fun to play.  You can get  a good laugh out of it at times, but overall it is boring. 

• Confused 1

I'm a disabled "quadriplegic" player. I play with one pensile to hunt-and-peck the keyboard. Multiple simultaneous keystrokes are impossible. To my right is a velcroed scroll ball mouse with a popsicle stick and bottle cap glued to the buttons on my chair for my right arm to activate.  Windows Sticky Keys and mouse lock are my best friends.  Some classes are easier to play than others for me and I'm sure others who are not disabled. I do play four 80's and have others at various levels, however I gravitate towards pet classes due to them being a bit more forgiving gaming wise.

For myself, the rifle build allows me to help my group more. I can continue to dps mobs while moving out of stuff. While before I had to choose to move/stop dps or stand in junk and possibly die while dps'ing. 

If you can hit a bunch of keys, do amazing dps and move like a ninja that's great! I'd love to be able to do that. Don't hate on on a class just because it's easier for others to play. If you don't like it, don't play it. Play what you like. I'd think most would be happy having easier classes for people to play. I'd think it would be better for everyone in the gaming community to have more diversity in play styles.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

41 minutes ago, Anscenic.3268 said:

I just gave you a very detailed post with an example proving otherwise, and further explained why having afk builds doing this much damage is harmful. I'm not engaging further.

That's good you aren't engaging with me any further because your example doesn't change what I said ... there is MUCH more to this game than just pressing buttons to deal damage. Mechanist is not an AFK build; there are other things a player must do to be successful playing the game than JUST pressing buttons (even if it's JUST ONE) for DPS. The fact you are ignoring these other actions means you never were engaging in the discussion honestly in the first place.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

I will say one thing. Mech didn't need auto cast. 

It makes sense for untamed, but not for mech. We give up toolbelt skills for our mech, which were all skills we had to press at the right time, this change essentially turned them into automated toolbelts. I'm not a fan personally, and I would not be upset if Anet reverted that for Mech only. 

I will continue to leave this setting turned off because there are a lot of instances where you don't want to burn mech skills on CD.

Burning Crisis zone during a spread mechanic and hitting no one. 

Burning Jade mortar to burst a 1hp mob. 

Using Barrier blast when your mech gets stuck at max melee range and missing your group. (the bigger the hitbox, the more problematic this is)

It's going to encourage other players to take the lazy route and waste important skills at the wrong time. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

Balance is when the "braindead AFK builds" do exactly as much damage as the more complex ones (provided every other factor is equal).

Do you mean to say that all classes should have the same DPS benchmark regardless of risk-reward, reliability, range, utility, etc? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

Balance is when the "braindead AFK builds" do exactly as much damage as the more complex ones (provided every other factor is equal).

Lol , so tell me why i should play a complex class to have sleepy joe mech near me do the same with 0 effort. 

Edited by zeyetiii.4251
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Well good to have some more builds people can use with little effort , but i think too it does too much damage , they should just tune down the damage of the AA rifle and make the other skill deal a bit more damage , so it will engage people to play a bit more active and press skills.

Another solution , but this will need a crazy amount of work for the devs , is to split engame content with pve open world (i know it sounds crazy) like wvw and pvp , so people chilling in open world will wonder around minding there business just moving and AA everything , while engame enjoyers will have there litlle bubble community of arcdps breaker, and everybody will be happy ! But that will surely confuse new people ...

Edited by Afk.8495

2 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I will say one thing. Mech didn't need auto cast. 

Do you have a second monitor? Can play a 2nd game on it like FFXIV, watch bad Netflix adaptations, or watch Better Call Saul, while Engi lazily obliterates everything. 🥰

You are wrong, auto-bot is great.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Doggie.3184 said:

Do you have a second monitor? Can play a 2nd game on it like FFXIV, watch bad Netflix adaptations, or watch Better Call Saul, while Engi lazily obliterates everything. 🥰

You are wrong, auto-bot is great.

I do, Maybe I'll start doing that while working on commissions. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, zeyetiii.4251 said:

Lol , so tell me why i should play a complex class to have sleepy joe mech near me do the same with 0 effort. 

That's the thing ... no one should be telling you reasons why you should or shouldn't play something and if they are, you shouldn't be listening to them unless you choose to.  That's your decision to make, based on your own criteria for how you want to play. That's EXACTLY the class and encounter design intent of the game to begin with.

If you decide you don't want complex,  appreciate the fact you have that choice in this game to play non-complex builds. If you want to play a low effort build, go ahead. If you want to play a complex build, go ahead. Either is available to you.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

41 minutes ago, zeyetiii.4251 said:

Because this is a game, and if you enjoy complexity then you should go for it. If LI isn't fun for you, then don't play LI, this isn't a job. 

Mech's existence won't stop me from enjoying Ele. It's what I enjoy playing most in group content, and when I play it well, I out dps the lazy mechs anyway. 

--That being said. I've been eyeballing that new condi untamed build. 42k dps? Sounds juicy. Aparently it's very high APM, but that didn't stop me from playing Cata, and reaching even 80% of that will be enough to out dps even the good mech players. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

Do you mean to say that all classes should have the same DPS benchmark regardless of risk-reward, reliability, range, utility, etc? 

Nah, I just explained what "balance" is as some people seemed to need a quick refresher. I'm not asking for things to be perfectly balanced so I don't take issue with some builds performing better than others but if people really want to turn this into a performance related balance issue then addressing the actual "issue in question" would either mean to lift the ones with lower performance up or bring the ones with higher performance down cause that's what it means for them to be "in balance".

1 hour ago, zeyetiii.4251 said:

Why should one play one build over another? If both aim to fill the exact same role: for gameplay preference of course.

Edited by Tails.9372

12 minutes ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

The game will flop on Steam if this is to be the trend going forward. Veteran players who enjoy build diversity and that there is a challenge to play your class well, will leave in numbers too.

Completely ridiculous changes.

Exactly, noone enjoys the game if all you have to do is absolutly nothing. And good luck for the game staying alive if all whats left are 10 afk enjoyers who defend this nonsence.

Edited by soul.9651
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

Exactly, noone enjoys the game if all you have to do is absolutly nothing. 

Great ... then don't play so you don't have to do absolutely nothing but don't proceed to tell OTHER people how they have to enjoy the game because of what you think it enjoyable or not. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

8 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Great ... then don't play so you don't have to do absolutely nothing.

Say the same thing to everyone else aswell who dont want to play mech 🙂  what a good way to solve this, dont like this -> just uninstall problem solved by you

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

Say the same thing to everyone else aswell who dont want to play mech 🙂

What are you talking about? What I said applies to everyone BUT, I don't see mech players insisting non-mech players should play a certain way. What I DO see is a bunch of people complaining about how easy it is to play a mech when they don't have to play it. 

I mean ... yes, uninstall if it bothers you THAT much that other people play in a way you disapprove of. Just don't pretend it has anything to do with the game and not yourself. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

It's great that Anet has made the game accessible to all players including trained dogs. This will surely increase gem sales in the canine market for the upcoming steam release.

Besides, after a long day of raging on the forums, a lot of players don't have the energy to lift their forehead off the keyboard, so these "LI" builds are exactly what we need.

I think the optimal strategy will be to buy multiple accounts and tab between them to complete content like a conductor directing an orchestra. Emergent gameplay! Much sales! Wow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

The game will flop on Steam if this is to be the trend going forward. Veteran players who enjoy build diversity and that there is a challenge to play your class well, will leave in numbers too.

Completely ridiculous changes.

The challenge still exists because nothing is forcing you to play builds you think are too easy. It simply depends on how you choose to play. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

Really too many posts guys and girls, so, i try to get some real facts in all this.

Point 1, Mecha dps rifle 111111 is around 21k, with autopet is aroung 23k, you can reach 26k for a burst if you set the "Orbital strike attack" from AARocket trait to tick at the start of the first 20% hp of the golem (timing the charge needed with a previous golem on the Robot and on the Mecha); the real dps for the rest of the fight is around 23k.

Point 2, my main is Ranger (soulbeast), unfortunatelly my equipment is set as a condi/hybrid, so am not at the best of my play now, considering Power is the way to go with the class for the moment, but i simple point to buffs the "not so good classes" and recognize the "ok classes" instead of asking random nerfs because i am some superior existance who is too good at the game to play an "easy class" that for casual and not high end elites player can represent something to help getting high end contents done instead of fail it all time for whatever reasons could possibly be.

Point 3, if a class is "not so good" now, if you don't buff it, (because you ask nerf to something else) will stay "not so good" in the future too, because nothing would happen to get it magically better, instead, you literally would get the game to became generally worse with asking nerf here, nerf there.

Point 4, even after i get evidence of the fake "random number" tests done and false statement (30k without boons and malus on the golem, where was clear visible as day all the buffs and malus were active), i am getting a bit tired to read again and again the same "false contents" that was debunked before but posted again and again, i mean, what is the point in posting the same wrong things after they were clearly demostrated wrong if not a simple up to the post counter? (the same people even answered the post that proved they posting before was wrong and like nothing happened after that, they repost again the wrong info in another topic......... and continue to do it......).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tails.9372 said:

Nah, I just explained what "balance" is as some people seemed to need a quick refresher. I'm not asking for things to be perfectly balanced so I don't take issue with some builds performing better than others but if people really want to turn this into a performance related balance issue then addressing the actual "issue in question" would either mean to lift the ones with lower performance up or bring the ones with higher performance down cause that's what it means for them to be "in balance".

Why should one play one build over another? If both aim to fill the exact same role: for gameplay preference of course.

I can already see how all these people that defend this type of gameplay would be completely fine if there were 2 programmers and one of them would only be responsible for changing background color of an application, when the other would be creating whole backend of it while also both of them would get the same payment. 
#logic, #worthit, #balanced ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gameplay preference will last for a moment at most if you keep seing bs like that, after a while you either will join them or quit completely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

11 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

People playing AFK doesn't affect you. People playing mechs aren't AFK. You aren't going to sensationalize this to justify why it shouldn't exist. It's not a problem there are mechs everywhere. It's not a problem people are doing content with them.

lol "sensationalize," you're unable to counter the things I've said and moving the goalposts.  Balance affects everyone regardless of you sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting na na na.  Whether you like it or not, there's a lot of content where balance is vital and having it be this messed up will negatively affect the health of the game.  Or do you think the only things gw2 has to offer are afk farming and pressing 1 on world bosses? 

11 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

It's not a problem they are LI. We need builds like that in the game, despite the envious people that can't handle it. 

Yes it is a problem and it isn't low intensity, it's NO intensity lol.  And it's not even a build. People are criticizing this unbalance for good reason and not because of envy, that just shows how naive you are to this situation.  There are mech mains admitting this is broke so there goes that idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2