everything should be "automated"

zeyeti.8347

7 hours ago, GWstinkt.6094 said:

The real reason people are upset about this is because Mechanist currently performs really well and is also very easy to use, while some other specs currently perform worse.

The proper response here should be to call for other specs to be made more viable and useful, instead of tearing others down for playing a spec that you deem to be too easy.

While I do agree to your first paragraph, I partly disagree with the second. Of course, you shouldn't tear people down. But there is a difference between an accessible class that is viable or even good in the sense of being able to participate in respective game modes and an accessible class that becomes best in slot regardless of the player playing it. This totally invalidates player skill, plus it goes against one of the few overall design goals that ANet recently communitcated: Bring the player, not the class. 

A low skill floor is fine. Games should be fun. A best in slot having a low skill ceiling is not, though. Even less so if other ceilings are significantly higher while performing worse. I think in this case the outlier is quite obvious and it's not other classes. Other classes aren't unplayable in their current state which makes it very questionable to raise their floor to Mechanist levels.

6 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Finally, someone asking the real questions.

I’ve looked into this particular issue for a very long time, and it comes down to lack of dynamic, scale free tradeoffs on individual skills. We tend to use skills off cooldown because in most cases it actually is optimal to just press yours skills off cooldown.

You might be overthinking it slightly when it comes to pets. Damage skills with CDs literally should usually be better than the AA unless your opponent has a block or invulnerability phase, at least when talking about DPS skills rather than burst skills. This is rarely the case in PvE - making it mostly a QoL feature. In PvP you still want agency over when to deal damage. Most other pet skills, e.g. heals or CC should probably never be on autocast unless you are outperforming the content anyway.

Edited by Xaylin.1860
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I Explained with test the unreal 28k dps (the real are more around 22k-23k) but the people who pursue it, didn't even bother with it.

So, Virtuoso literally devastate the other dps classes with a decent rotation, a big dps, ranged, some good survival skill and is used a lot in high level contents where elite matter........... so what?

You see me go against it because is better than a Mecha? No, i simple apreciate the class and hope other class get good as it, same for the rest.

You have problem with an easy to use class, with Devs who try to easy the game for the Steam launch and get as many people as they can from it (with decent or positive review for the game) or use Mecha (the robot) as the figurehead of the game at the starting login?

Don't ask nerf, ask upgrade for the rest (we lost 4k flat dps from the change in banner, skills and spirit thx to patch 28/06, don't see a problem in some up as of now).

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

While I do agree to your first paragraph, I partly disagree with the second. Of course, you shouldn't tear people down. But there is a difference between an accessible class that is viable or even good in the sense of being able to participate in respective game modes and an accessible class that becomes best in slot regardless of the player playing it. This totally invalidates player skill, plus it goes against one of the few overall design calls that ANet recently communitcated: Bring the player, not the class. 

A low skill floor is fine. Games should be fun. A best in slot having a low skill ceiling is not, though. Even less so if other ceilings are significantly higher while performing worse. I think in this case the outlier is quite obvious and it's not other classes. Other classes aren't unplayable in their current state which makes it very questionable to raise their floor to Mechanist levels.

The main cause for frustration here IMO is that some builds and specs are currently genuinly underpowered while mechanist is just genuinly good and also easy to play. That being said nerfing mechansit will do nothing to bring those specs back. There are builds other than mechanist that make for great supports or deal amazing damage.

The best solution here is to address and improve those specs that are currently far behind the average and are therefor hard to justify playing when you have so many better options.

Mechanist and FB may still be overperforming in terms of how much damage and utility they can bring at once. Taking away 1-2 of the things they do might help make more room for other builds shine. We would very likely still see tons of FB and Mech players though, simply because those specs are not very difficult, reliable and appeal to a wide range of players.

• Confused 4

31 minutes ago, GWstinkt.6094 said:

The main cause for frustration here IMO is that some builds and specs are currently genuinly underpowered while mechanist is just genuinly good and also easy to play.

It goes beyond being easy to play, it's the fact that you don't have to play.  You can push one button and leave your computer and you will do insane damage by doing nothing.  And that is most definitely not "genuinely good" sorry to say.

Edited by Treacy.4067
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Treacy.4067 said:

It goes beyond being easy to play, it's the fact that you don't have to play.

Suboptimal "AA only" builds which are able to clear content are nothing new but if, in any encounter, you actually "don't have to play" then the issue is not with the build in question but with the encounter itself and even then it depends, e.g.: iirc. some story fights complete itself if you just wait long enough but most people just use their infinite respawns so I wouldn't look at it as much of an issue.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I think its pointless on the Mech, but finally my Soulbeast doesn't have to wait around for the F2 skill to cast and just sit there blinking without doing anything no matter how many times I press it.

Also, all Rangers should have access to the individual pet skills, not just Untamed.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

At this point anet should create a new template area... for macro'd skill rotations, just plug in the snowcrows rotations! 💡

A lot of mobile games have auto resolve combat, and anet was interested in mobile gaming before... 🤭

It would solve a lot of problems... anet gets another step into mobile gaming, while "raising the floor on player effectiveness and damage output without further raising the ceiling", less stress on the player for max dps every fight at a push of one button! 🤣

🤡

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

New patch is out and ... ohhhh we can toggle auto launch skills for pets .

Funny enough now mech ( who is already broken op) can also do that to all mech skills 

So my opinion here is to make all skills , utiltys , healing skills , special action keys etc etc etc ...being able to be also toggle automated , so we can basically let our character do everything for us ...yayyyy

Why even bother playing the game , let the game play for u !  Guys , welcome in 2022... 

"For those who didnt noticed it was sarcasm "

If you took the time to read my crap , ty and have a nice day

AFK FARMING WHILE DISCONECTED YEAHHHHHH

go to dragonfall or drizzewoods and log out, log in next day to grt a 24h of farming materials and stuff yayyyyyyyyy

XD XD XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Guys, you are all adding posts on posts for less then 2k extra dps...... (more like 1.5k dps on the golem with full buff and malus active).

Considering 90% of the time is better not have autopet active (Robot have various CC and boons skill on this F keys that need to be used smartly.......) i really don't see all the problems you all are trying to set up.

Pet have autoskill now?? Good, nothing much else to see here.

For AFK players i don't think change something, they play AFK......... what is the change for them?

Edited by ThunderX.6591
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

What we complain about is patches , buffs , qol always directed in the same direction .

It's ok for ranger because he has to press a lot of buttons to have the work done , but indirecly this patches gave the mech another qol while ha alredy was the most braindead dps of the game.

You just press 1 button , set everything you can on auto attack and use first rifle skill --> boom ! 28k ! Is that fair to other classes ? who have to do a fully rotation feeling like you are playing a starcraft 2 great master match , when you have an abberation like that easily destroy your benchmark while being afk. 

I tried a fairly easy rotation on a catalyst i just hovered to all attunements in order , uses all skills off cooldown and i barely reached 26k , why do we have class reaching 28k afk , thats the question ! Any afk class should reach 15k max ! 

Yesterday we did some raiding  , we were 6 to play mech dps , either condi or power , even the people wich i play with said it was stupid to play and boring , but we could make jokes , troll a bit while playing , dancing while dpsing the boss, ... and you think it's normal ? All that do is lowering down the skill level off the game , till this game will play by himself. 

Arenanet despites Ai players ? well that patches prove the opposite.

If that changes was only towards ranger , that was ok and i think no one would ever complain , but thats not the case , i think they are a lot of classes who need some buffs , just tell me , have you seen a weaver performing well in raids latelly ? or a dragon hunter ? or a holosmith ?

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, Treacy.4067 said:

Um, isn't that obvious?  Easy, yeah I'd say literally going afk and letting the game auto attack for you is easy.

The proper response would be to revert having a spec's auto-attack do that much damage.  No one should ever be able to do that much damage when they're making a cup of tea or taking a dump.  They're not even playing, it's almost comical.  

Who's going afk? And where? If you want to be salty about afkers, then look at the number of maps that contain lots of people botting/afk farming. And I haven't seen any that use a mech. Necro minionmancer and base engi with turrets remain the afk classes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, ThunderX.6591 said:

Guys, you are all adding posts on posts for less then 2k extra dps...... (more like 1.5k dps on the golem with full buff and malus active).

Considering 90% of the time is better not have autopet active (Robot have various CC and boons skill on this F keys that need to be used smartly.......) i really don't see all the problems you all are trying to set up.

Pet have autoskill now?? Good, nothing much else to see here.

For AFK players i don't think change something, they play AFK......... what is the change for them?

Yep, I have two defiance bar breaks on my robot, and one on my rifle. None of those are going to be autocast.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

Yep, I have two defiance bar breaks on my robot, and one on my rifle. None of those are going to be autocast.

so, its not 1 button build but 4 button build instead? and 3 of those are only used when defiance bar up?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, ThunderX.6591 said:

Tested........ a classic scam like with the amazing 30k dps Mecha rifle with 11111 or the 25k rifle 11111 without boons on you and no malus condis on the golem, the 28k dps is the usual SCAM number (and i lost 30 minutes and changing equipment for nothing) that pop around.

With the skill on Autopet on, with the equip i used for the other tests, as i thought, you do like 23k.

So with the skill in auto, you do around 2k extra dps if you get all the things right, but normally, the dps was more 1.5k extra (always under 23k) in many rounds, so i think it depend on the reset of Orbital Strike between the round as a counter.

No 28k at all, a simple 1.5k extra dps as a constant with sometimes, spike at 2k if all is good.

And you lose precious CC and in other cases boons casted "smart" for it.

Testing extra time, i noticed that i can increase the burst damage of the first check (200k hp golem) literally by an extra 3k if i set "Orbital strike" to tick from the golem and the char after the start of the combat (literally timing it perfectly from a previous fight ready in the barrel (queue) to be casted), so i think the big number was really up artificially just for doing it (like people did with Bladesworn 55k or higher bench), the classic scam test to get hype on the numbers.

Mech was literally 32k full afk (and 37-38k pressing buttons) after the 28/6 patch. There are videos and logs of this. So if you say they have been nerfed by 2k a couple of times...

Bladesworn's bench is just silly because it takes 5 extra seconds to kill the golem than any other spec doing the same dps and then does 200k overdamage (this is not quite the same as the 4 million damage mark lining up with a burst, this is actually a 5% useless damage, in 95% practical situations). Besides bsw only did over 50k in betas and guess what: bsw was nerfed and mech significantly boosted from beta to Eod. 

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

What we complain about is patches , buffs , qol always directed in the same direction .

What you complain about is how other players prefer to play the game, it's literally the "stop having fun" meme because an obscure meme build, that didn't do anything new and wasn't even on your radar before, got a single digit buff in DPS as a result of a QoL change. You yourself said in another thread:

19 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

why even bother playing something complicated when you have the option ?

which you essentially answered here with the build in question being:

6 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

boring

but there are also other reasons to play other things like more damage and / or better group support. If all that isn't enough for you then it seems like you're really just don't like the build in question which: you don't have to play, at all. You also claimed you wanted builds like this for other professions but even that's questionable at best as you never really tried to argue for it and only used it as a pretext to complain about something you don't like playing.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

For all those people that took the comenta and all that seriously, read the first post carefully, theres a word there, SARCASM, i know you want to defend anet forever, that you get paid and that you are the smartest allwais right people on earth but..... XD at least read the first post guys.

noone cares too much about pets autos, and he was just making fun of how mech, wich is pretty easy and braindead while being ridiculously strong, now doesnt need to use more skills, its a joke, its not serious nor offensive, calm dow XD

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 8/3/2022 at 10:14 AM, zeyeti.8347 said:

New patch is out and ... ohhhh we can toggle auto launch skills for pets .

Funny enough now mech ( who is already broken op) can also do that to all mech skills 

So my opinion here is to make all skills , utiltys , healing skills , special action keys etc etc etc ...being able to be also toggle automated , so we can basically let our character do everything for us ...yayyyy

Why even bother playing the game , let the game play for u !  Guys , welcome in 2022... 

"For those who didnt noticed it was sarcasm "

If you took the time to read my crap , ty and have a nice day

When convenience goes wrong ...

• Like 1

I proved the actual damage of the Mecha with rifle, explained the up and down, the various nerf Mecha get from patch 28/06 on and as a result, i get people who post old random number from old not updated videos and people who use Mecha in raid commenting how stupid is the fight, using it......... don't know, use something else if you hate mecha so much, leave it to the rest of the people who bought the game giving Anet money for wantiong to play Mecha.......

Considering the data posted, Mecha was literally the motor behind the double in people and selling of EOD expansion, so........ be happy you have more people in the game for years to come.

Edited by ThunderX.6591
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, ThunderX.6591 said:

I proved the actual damage of the Mecha with rifle, explained the up and down, the various nerf Mecha get from patch 28/06 on and as a result, i get people who post old random number from old not updated videos and people who use Mecha in raid commenting how stupid is the fight, using it......... don't know, use something else if you hate mecha so much, leave it to the rest of the people who bought the game giving Anet money for wantiong to play Mecha.......

Considering the data posted, Mecha was literally the motor behind the double in people and selling of EOD expansion, so........ be happy you have more people in the game for years to come.

Nah just nerf mech both dps and especially alac mech into the ground and far below other alac providers and dps builds that require to press buttons. Then nerf hfb and qfb far below other quickness providers.

Mission accomplished: Anet for once would have produced a patch with some semblance of balance. None of the other specs are so mindbogglingly op or braindead, so this would be addition by subtraction on a massive scale.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1