Can we do something about bladesworn

Eugchriss.2046

Just let Warriors have something for once, even if it's just Junksworn instead of real Warrior things. They literally have nothing else, especially no real Warrior things.

Other things, like Harmbinger, Willbender, general condition spam and CC spam, are way more in need of being nerfed.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 15

15 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

And here we are, seeing people complaining about 6k crits with huge tel... 😂

The OP would have been really sad in the early days of the game.

Dude, this idea of big damage huge tell just dodge BS has been debunked over and over again but let me explain again why that's BS. 

Having 1-2 huge tell big damage it's ok. You can just dodge as you suggested. The problem starts when there is more than 1-2 huge tell damage skills. You can't dodge them all. So again stop with your perfect sceneris and talk about in real game situations.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

Actually the biggest issue comes from the fact that even if you dodge, the attack is persistent for such a long duration that you somehow end up being hit at the end of dodge. That is the real issue here.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 15
  • Confused 1

Burst skills ignore blind and blocks (thanks to gm trait) and also CC (thanks to bugged stab on dragonscale defense) andrange too (since it has some 1000 effective range) and stealth (since it's a channel, it tracks through stealth and has a huge AoE too) EDIT and also slow, as it doesn't work on DT skills for whatever reason, the healing skill ignore rupts (since it can be casted again right away, instead of going on 4s cd like everything else in the game)

All I'm saying: having a class capable of regularly ignoring half of the mechanics in the game is not ideal. Can I say that?

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

Dude, this idea of big damage

The issue is that you're suggesting that 6k is "big damage". Also, a tel don't necessary mean that you can dodge it, more than anything it mean that you know what's comming and that you can react accordingly, be it by dodging it, applying weakness, getting ready to heal yourself, interrupting it... etc.

I find it ridiculous that someone complain about a mere 6k hit knowing that I played in the vanilla game (that some people believe was paradise and where taking 15k hit wasn't uncommon. Heck, you could take beyonsd 6k from an single AA hit at the time!)

All I see in this complaint is another case of people wanting to castrate the game. 6k is low enough that it doesn't matter how many "perceived advantage" the skill have since a bit of mitigation can lower this number to 2k.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

All I'm saying: having a class capable of regularly ignoring half of the mechanics in the game is not ideal. Can I say that?

You said it perfectly, fighting a BS is noninteractive which makes it unhealthy for the gamemode.

Edited by Bailios.7518
spelling
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

The issue is that you're suggesting that 6k is "big damage". Also, a tel don't necessary mean that you can dodge it, more than anything it mean that you know what's comming and that you can react accordingly, be it by dodging it, applying weakness, getting ready to heal yourself, interrupting it... etc.

I find it ridiculous that someone complain about a mere 6k hit knowing that I played in the vanilla game (that some people believe was paradise and where taking 15k hit wasn't uncommon.

Now you are arguing just to argue and I am not going to bother with you. The simple fact that a spec is meta and/or is overreprese tated means that the spec has more/better advantages then others. Now you can argue about how the game felt a decade ago but guess what, it is irrelevant to the topic.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

complaint is another case of people wanting to castrate the game. 6k is low enough that it doesn't matter how many "perceived advantage" the skill have since a bit of mitigation can lower this number to 2k.

How is 6k low when most classes have like 18K hp? And again it's not about the damage or the sustain. It's the combination of both. Hence why nobody is complaining about berzerker when it lashes 10-15k per burst. Give berseker the same level of sustain and you will see.

5 hours ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

I honestly don't know what but the amount of self sustain and random 6k from F1 and F2 is absurd. Vindicator has been nerfed for less. Please do something.

Only 6? You gotta pump these rookie numbers!

The class is so braindead I cant even describe it, you cant lose to anything with it, beyond stupid damage, sustain and slash that just ignores everything and people cant interrupt it, not every can spam 2 cc's every ~12s just to stop DT, let alone kill it.

Cata is would be next in the menu for nerfs after BSWN 😉

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

And here we are, seeing people complaining about 6k crits with huge tel... 😂

The OP would have been really sad in the early days of the game.

nah fam , 6k crits are rookie numbers

https://imgur.com/szoYa8j

edit: the fact that DT hits like a truck, is unblockable/unblindable has a aoe bigger than your mom AND CC's ! 

its like prime light beam, when it did damage

Edited by toxic.3648
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Just let Warriors have something for once, even if it's just Junksworn instead of real Warrior things.

Erasing shoutsworn from the meta would be objectively good for the game. I'm not against warrior having numerous viable builds, if anyhting all specs should have a few of those but shoutsworn... it's good because it ignores half the mechanics the game has. Uninterruptible shouts for sustain, stability+aegis, unclear casting times for unpredictability, unblockable, unblindeable, hard CC that hits you for half of your health. This spec is dumb. Number tweaks are unable to fix it, the whole idea, the design is itself terrible. If this is the best a-net devs can do, maybe its time to st.... time to smile. We are all happy friendship loving people. Buy the new gemstore skins, and adventure deeper into tyria! Remember kids, the borg loves you!

Edited by Bazsi.2734
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

I would lower the cd of the heal to 15s but remove its ammo. Maybe increase the base heal a bit as well

Ammo has been a bad mechanic for sustain skills for a while now. Really wish they'd stop using it and have one charge with a middle ground cooldown.

very predictable. people will be stacking bladesworn in ranked, sooner or later.

this sustain is no skill play, but braindead spam, should be removed.

not fun to play, not fun to play against.

but without the healing this spec is completely unplayable, flawed and trash.

anet may not want a new espec to be completely deleted from the game. lol

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Bladesworn is not *the* problem, but it is *part* of the problem.

Sustain is the problem. Bunkerish supports/unkillable side noders, most notably Bladesworn, Cata, Tempest, and Specter, are meta, much like core guard and Necro were in the meta of yesteryear. Nerfing BSw won't fix that; it will just open the door for another bunkerish build to take its place.

So yes, go ahead and nerf BSw's sustain. But do so while nerfing high-sustain specs across the board and commit to a faster -paced meta.

Also, realize that any specs you nerf may need compensatory buffs in other areas so they can remain viable (but in a healthier way).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Also, realize that any specs you nerf may need compensatory buffs in other areas so they can remain viable (but in a healthier way).

Just out of curiousity, what possible buffs could you grant to bladesworn to make it viable(once it cannot facetank everything with shoutspam)? I usually come up with something, but I'm really pulling a blank on this one, after all "just rework the whole thing" isn't a realistic answer. But I'm old and bitter and dumb, how about you young ones?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Shout spam is objectively bad. Its boring to play and terrible to play against. I am not playing PvP but videos I saw were already enough. Thousands of heals with no counterplay, even when cced. 

No one should defend this. You build completely around this and might spam and profit from high damage through high might. But thats just my two cents. They should tune it down (TR and nerfs to YD, like the loss of might completely) and focus on spellbreaker instead.

Edited by anbujackson.9564